Thread: any chance a 4G handset smaller than 4.3 inch screen soon?

Feedback Score

any chance a 4G handset smaller than 4.3 inch screen soon?

I'm really sick of these huge devices that been launched lately, I mean not everyone wants a huge device, there are rumors about the Bionic been 4.5 screen! Is the LTE chip that big that can't fit in a 4 inch screen device? I know there are people who love these big screens but they already have plenty of choices, what do you think?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    yeah, I definitely agree with you on this....not everyone wants a 4.3 inch screen....I think 3.7' to 4' is about the right size. I have an iPhone, and although the screen size is a little small compared to other phones on the market, the quality/clarity of the screen is a lot better than others. I just wish the screen was a little bigger but not 4.3 inches. I'm female, and have small hands and these phones are just getting way too big and too masculine looking for me...I prefer the size of the iPhone because it's just really sleek and I only need one hand to use it....the other day I saw a guy at the gym using a phone, it was gigantic....the phone was really bordering on a tablet, it was the new Samsung phone from at&t that has a 4.5 inch screen. It was a little ridiculous.

Device(s)
    LG VX 8100(retired)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Probably won't see that until the iPhone 4G gets released sometime next year. Most Android handsets count it as a good thing that they have a larger screen and as you said the newer Qualcomm chipsets that are small enough to fit into a smaller 4G handset won't even be available for testing or production till September at the earliest.

I like my Charge but I'll hop back over to an iPhone next year once it gets 4G . The screen looks just a bit better than the Charge and I enjoy the interface more. Although there's a rumor that Apple may go to a 4 inch screen when they go 4G.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lr1517 View Post
    I'm really sick of these huge devices that been launched lately, I mean not everyone wants a huge device, there are rumors about the Bionic been 4.5 screen! Is the LTE chip that big that can't fit in a 4 inch screen device? I know there are people who love these big screens but they already have plenty of choices, what do you think?
    It's not the LTE "chip" per se, but rather the power consumption of the first generation LTE chipsets that mandates a huge battery in order to get halfway reasonable usage out of it.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Device(s)
    LG VX 8100(retired)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    That's true. I have the extended battery on my Charge and I barely can go a day of usage even with that. I imagine it'll be like the 3g devices were where the battery life got better with each new generation.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm hoping for this as well. As nice as the Thunderbolt is, I can't use it with one hand. The iPhone is perfect IMO. If they don't get any 4G phones under 4.3 inches, come November, the iPhone is mine!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coasterfanryan View Post
    I'm hoping for this as well. As nice as the Thunderbolt is, I can't use it with one hand. The iPhone is perfect IMO. If they don't get any 4G phones under 4.3 inches, come November, the iPhone is mine!
    I hear you, but I don't think I want an iPhone, I'd rather settle for the experia play, the screen size is perfect, I don't care about the gaming pad or thickness that much, but I'm really concerned about how ridiculous phone screen sizes are getting, if the play were 4G I'd be sold, my area is getting LTE this year so I want something more future proof than a 3G handset and be locked for another 2 years and oh yeah is gotta be Android.