Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pics from the Vancouver HowardForums Mobilicity meet

Device(s)
    iPhone X, Blackberry Passport SE
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LazerAndroid View Post
    I'm glad you won the phone as you deserve it,you seem happy and that's the main thing.Sounds like a great phone and hope you enjoy it.
    Thanks bro, been playing with the phone the past 2 days, and it's a beauty. I didn't think it was that big of an upgrade over my Nexus One, but surprisingly I'm wrong. Definitely a great phone and enjoying every bit of it. Only bad thing I can say about it is the battery life. I wonder how Dave can have his phone last the whole day (considering he needs his data on all the time)? I'd assume he has a spare battery with him at all times, but then again, opening the battery cover is a pain in the arse with this phone...
    Freedom Mobile Promo Everywhere 60
    8gb LTE data/Canada & US Calling & Roaming/Global SMS/Call Display/Voicemail

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity, Etisalat Afghanistan
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Quote Originally Posted by ECBomb
    I'm glad you won the phone as you deserve it,you seem happy and that's the main thing.Sounds like a great phone and hope you enjoy it.
    Thanks bro, been playing with the phone the past 2 days, and it's a beauty. I didn't think it was that big of an upgrade over my Nexus One, but surprisingly I'm wrong. Definitely a great phone and enjoying every bit of it. Only bad thing I can say about it is the battery life. I wonder how Dave can have his phone last the whole day (considering he needs his data on all the time)? I'd assume he has a spare battery with him at all times, but then again, opening the battery cover is a pain in the arse with this phone...
    Yeah but when you take the battery cover off and it falls, the metal noise is so soothing lol :$ and I don't think it is a $500 improvement from the N1 but a good improvement nonetheless. You scored big time. And what are you planning on doing with you N1 now?
    RIP Mobilicity

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ECBomb View Post
    Good you confirmed man,again happy for you and now I can brag that I have a buddy in BC who not only owns a Nexus but also has a Panche. Seriously man...enjoy it and have fun.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skhan27 View Post
    Yeah but when you take the battery cover off and it falls, the metal noise is so soothing lol :$ and I don't think it is a $500 improvement from the N1 but a good improvement nonetheless. You scored big time. And what are you planning on doing with you N1 now?
    That's true about the battery cover part, it also makes the phone not feel cheap. Completely agree that it's not a $500 upgrade, but the screen looks really crisp on the Panache even though the screen pixels are about the same as the N1. And not sure what I'll do with the N1 yet.

Good you confirmed man,again happy for you and now I can brag that I have a buddy in BC who not only owns a Nexus but also has a Panche. Seriously man...enjoy it and have fun.
    Which part did I confirm, the battery life or that it's an upgrade over the N1?

Feedback Score
    @E:

Sorry Bro...me bad!That you confirmed that you like the phone and that's it great...really happy about that.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No worries LA, was just confused on what I confirmed haha

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ECBomb View Post
    Only bad thing I can say about it is the battery life.
    It may just need battery conditioning. Mine sucked for about a week. Now I get through a day easily with moderate use.

Device(s)
    SE TM506, Nokia N900, HTC MyTouch 4G, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Excellent event. Many thanks to Howard and Dave.

Special thanks to Sheryl and her gang for the hard work they put into the organizing - events don't come off smoothly through luck, it requires a lot of hard work and attention to detail, especially when you're organizing it from 3000 miles away. Plus the rejigging when they realized there was a hockey game on - that was a really smart move.

And such an excellent venue, with food, drinks tickets AND bountiful swag - much appreciated.

All the staff did a great job of circulating, chatting and engaging. Clearly everybody was happy to be there and WANTED to communicate with us.

Dave was super-open and gave us lots of juicy inside information... a lot of which I'd feel uncomfortable spreading around publicly - he was that open!

I lucked out and sat next to one of probably 5 other people in Vancouver with an N900 :-) - so we had plenty to talk about.

My vote on the T-shirts: GREY for sure. I think grey is classy and black is best left for heavy metal band shirts. But I might be in the minority :-)

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    It's been 9 years since the event - who still has their swag?

My t-shirts have worn out, but I still have the bag and the cap.

Feedback Score
    ^I still have the Bags, as a matter of fact I have two bags in excellent shape. Don't remember what happened to the t-shirt or the Hat. Funny thing happened on my way home to Surrey was I ran into not one not two but three road blocks that night. Not sure if it was because of the hockey game or what.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3