Page 16 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Epic 4G Running on Sprint SERO/Legacy Plans With HTC Touch Pro 2

Device(s)
    Samsung S307
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Could you guys point me out as to how to make Windows device manager find my TP2 donor and Galaxy S3 in the com port section instead of usb devices? I launched QSPT EFS and it cant find either phone. I am using XP SP3 and the QPST 2.7 build 385 AlpineMan linked above. I feel a bit foolish since it looks like i cant even get out of the starting gate. Thanks for the help!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    Thanks, but the link is not working.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by abmw View Post
    Could you guys point me out as to how to make Windows device manager find my TP2 donor and Galaxy S3 in the com port section instead of usb devices? I launched QSPT EFS and it cant find either phone. I am using XP SP3 and the QPST 2.7 build 385 AlpineMan linked above. I feel a bit foolish since it looks like i cant even get out of the starting gate. Thanks for the help!
    The way I normally do it is go to QPST Configuration, Ports Tab and if it doesn't show up I click on the Add New Port and I normally see it in the port to be monitored. Also if you go to Device Manager it should show you the port the phone is connected to. Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    Don't see a link to download without enrolling in some sort of plan.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hmmm...that's the link where I got build 378. When you reach the web page, click on "Start Timer" on the left hand side...then the 45 second timer will count down. I just tried it again, and it worked...free. No subscription required.

@abmw: You have build 385? I've been looking all over for that. Do you mind sharing the link?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by YOgun27 View Post
    Thanks, but the link is not working.
    I was able to download it, had to click on the 45 second timer where it says "start timer" in blue below that.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by xap View Post
    The way I normally do it is go to QPST Configuration, Ports Tab and if it doesn't show up I click on the Add New Port and I normally see it in the port to be monitored. Also if you go to Device Manager it should show you the port the phone is connected to. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by abmw View Post
    Yes, there's also a checkbox there, try it with/without the checkbox. Do check Device manager first to make sure it's in there under ports. If it isn't, your phone is not is the right Diag mode. For the TP2, all you need is to start the dialer on the phone and put in ##3424#, it should then start the diagnostics/modem mode. For the S3, you'll need to do the same, tap PDA, then tap Qualcomm USB setting and choose DM+Modem+ADB, tap OK. If you've got the drivers for both phones on your Win XP/Win 7 machine, they should then install some more things and then show up in Device Manager. If the S3 gives you problems, you could try changing to RMNET+DM+MODEM instead of what I said before, or try CDMA MODEM instead of PDA. One of the four options will work.

As a side note, the other modes (MTP, PTP, etc) will mount the phone as a drive (s) on your computer. Just in case anyone didn't know and was wondering.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by phonehog View Post
    I was able to download it, had to click on the 45 second timer where it says "start timer" in blue below that.
    Got it ... I am off to a slow start today ...

Device(s)
    Samsung S307
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Alpineman....I am sorry, I meant I have QPST 378 which I downloaded from the link you provided. I was up till 3am trying to make it work so i wasnt thinking straight

xap...I wasnt able to see it on my device manager to begin with but I will follow phonehog's directions tonite.

phonehog....thanks for ur tip. Will try it out tonite

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    By the way guys, I was able to reverse any changes to the S3. Just did it to make sure it was possible. Only thing I needed was item 1192. All else was readily available info, so thanks to AlpineMan for his guide!

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Here's another tip. If for any reason you had to do a ##786# to reset your phone, this will trigger a security flag on the phone. Chances are that when this phone is activated, you may not be able to make calls. Instead, you may hear a Sprint recording saying something about "Error 16".

Two ways to solve this:
    1) Stay on the line and the Sprint operator will ask what phone you have and other account verification questions. REMEMBER: You do not have a Galaxy S3/S2, etc, etc. You have your donor phone.

2) If you have a spare Sprint phone w/ clean ESN, temporarily activate this phone in place of the above phone in your sprint.com account. Wait about 30 minutes (could be less) or when the sprint site sees that you can already reactivate your donor phone. This temporary phone swap clears the security flag. You may need to do an "Update Profile" on your phone to refresh profile 1's user password. If "Update Profile" doesn't work on your phone, dial ##yourMSL#, replace the MDN and MSID values with 10 zeroes. Save the changes, reboot the phone. If "Hands Free Activation" launches after reboot, cancel that. Dial *2 on your dial pad, and choose "Activate My Device". This then refreshes profile 1 username/password. Remember, you must have the "Sprint Zone" app in order for *2 to work!

I prefer doing #2, it has never failed me. I've run into a few issues and delay doing #1.
    Last edited by AlpineMan; 08-07-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So... Anyone found a way to write AAA key through qpst on the s3?

I also have cdmaws paid version, how do I write the 1192 aaa key?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    ... And to backup 465,466,1192,1194

Do I simply copy paste those files from efs explorer? And save the file?

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    For your 1st question, read post #154.

For your 2nd, you can use EFS Explorer to backup. You can restore if files came from same phone. I have not tried using a donor phone's EFS files and restore to target phone. I know the content/structure of these files sometimes differ from phone to phone, so I'd rather not risk it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks alpineman, been following your work and posts from previous phones and other forums.

For the galaxy s3, do I need to run open sesame door or is it only and htc thing?

And.. 1192 found under the same NVMS folder.?

Page 16 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 66 ... LastLast