Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help me identify these Sprint antennas

Feedback Score

Help me identify these Sprint antennas

Sprint has been messing with the tower outside my window lately. Here is a photo I just took. Can someone help me identify the various antennas that are on this tower (what frequencies they operate at)?

Device(s)
    Ace,V950
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Come on Larry, snake,Evan anyone?

Sent from my PC36100 using HowardForums
    Why do peole that don't have Sprint, post in Sprint forums hmmmmm ie Troll Alert

If the economy is so bad way are you wasting $200-$2,000 with Verizon or ATT... shame shame

Feedback Score
    I am hoping that Sprint is starting to roll out antennas that operate on the 800MHz SMR frequency.

It looks like they put the wire mesh over to make sure they don't bleed into the public safety band?

It would be really fantastic to see sprint already under way with their network vision project.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Where are these located?

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by irev210 View Post
    I am hoping that Sprint is starting to roll out antennas that operate on the 800MHz SMR frequency.
    I have no idea, but that seems like a plausible theory. I certainly hope that's the case. It could maybe line up with the release of this device: http://goo.gl/HJymG which was earlier reported to have support for Sprint's SMR spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
    Where are these located?
    Yes, that's a rather pertinent question.

Where Network Vision *should* show up first:

Sprint has selected Alcatel-Lucent to provide comprehensive turnkey network integration services, converged radio access network (RAN), IP/MPLS and packet microwave backhaul and network monitoring in markets in the northeastern, mid-Atlantic and southern California regions of the United States, including New York City, Philadelphia, Boston, Washington, D.C./Baltimore and Los Angeles.

The five-year contract includes Ericsson building a complete network infrastructure solution for roughly one third of the nation's geography for Sprint markets largely in the central and south east regions of the country, including Atlanta, Miami, Houston, Kansas City and Dallas.

Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., a leading provider of advanced mobile technology, announced today that it has been chosen by Sprint (NYSE: S) as a key equipment and services supplier for Network Vision, the next evolution of the Sprint network. The Network Vision agreement includes plans for Samsung to deploy multi-mode base stations for Sprint spanning from the Pacific Coast to the Great Lakes including key markets such as San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Chicago and Pittsburgh.

If the OP is in one of the cities listed, this very well could be an early step in Network Vision. It'd be nice if we could also get pictures of the base station for this antenna array...
    Thrill me...

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA, Vodafone ES
    Feedback Score

Sprint has been messing with the tower outside my window lately. Here is a photo I just took. Can someone help me identify the various antennas that are on this tower (what frequencies they operate at)?
    Are you sure this is a Sprint installation? This looks more like Verizon 700/850/1900 to me.
    If it is a Sprint installation it is extremely interesting and unlike anything I've come across from Sprint.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy84094 View Post
    Are you sure this is a Sprint installation? This looks more like Verizon 700/850/1900 to me.
    If it is a Sprint installation it is extremely interesting and unlike anything I've come across from Sprint.
    My thoughts exactly.
    iPhone Xs Max , At&t Unlimited Plus Austin, TX .................... Grande 1000/50, $69.99/month

Feedback Score
    Located in downtown Boston

Well, I know there is a clearwire wimax antenna there (it's on www.clear.com/coverage).

With my sprint evo at the window pointed at the tower I get the following:

1X: Rx Power -44; Rx Ec/Io -6.5; Rx FER .28%
    EVDO: Rx Signal Strength 42; Rx Power -38.5
    WIMAX: Rx Power -33.07; Tx Power -24.46

Here are the GPS coordinates of antenna in question:
    42.361755,-71.06531

Here is the google maps link:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...01321&t=h&z=20

Sorry I can't get pictures of the base station. The antenna is on top of an office building.
    Last edited by irev210; 05-30-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I disagree. Looking through this thread http://goo.gl/mHSre over in the Verizon forum, it would seem that the 700MHz panels are monstrously huge in comparison to 850MHz and 1900MHz panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Trocks797 View Post

Feedback Score
    Another photo-
    I see a microwave tower, more antennas, another small mini microwave tower?

the only reason why I ask is because the tower did not used to look like that with those mesh covers on it. Those antennas are new.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I agree this does not appear to be a Sprint installation to me. If for some reason it is it looks like it would be iDEN only. I don't see any evidence of CDMA or WiMax. When they add CDMA to an iDEN set the CDMA panel goes on either one end or the other. Not in the middle like the odd duck antenna in those pics. I would guess Verizon here.
    Sprint user since 1997

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larryt510 View Post
    I agree this does not appear to be a Sprint installation to me. If for some reason it is it looks like it would be iDEN only. I don't see any evidence of CDMA or WiMax. When they add CDMA to an iDEN set the CDMA panel goes on either one end or the other. Not in the middle like the odd duck antenna in those pics. I would guess Verizon here.

What about the panels on the side of the building?

www.clear.com/coverage shows an antenna right on this location and when I point my EVO phone (and I also tested a clear modem) I get perfect signal.

Also, my EVDO and 1X signals are also fantastic when pointed at this tower from my window... how else do we find out what exactly is on this tower?

Feedback Score
    ok, using antennasearch.org it's a verizon tower.

The antennas on the side are clearwire.

Verizon must be letting sprint roam on its tower (that's the only thing that makes sense).

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    What about the panels on the side of the building?
    Yes those look like Sprint.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA, Vodafone ES
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
    I disagree. Looking through this thread http://goo.gl/mHSre over in the Verizon forum, it would seem that the 700MHz panels are monstrously huge in comparison to 850MHz and 1900MHz panels.
    Evan,

VZW does not use the same type/size 700 Mhz panel at all cell sites even in the same market, so while some 700Mhz panels will look rather monstrous, others will be less so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast