Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Milestone X gingerbread

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Milestone X gingerbread

Does anyone atall know if the milestone x will be receiving. Gingerbread?
    "Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish." - Steve Jobs

Device(s)
    BB 8530
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Along these lines....
    I am in Cadillac, MI and we are just now changing to V. Someone I work with got a text that he had to do a *228 or his phone wouldn't work--and it didn't (interestingly my wife and I did NOT get that text and our phones work fine).

Anyway, if I do a *228 am I going to get the Verizon gingerbread? If that happened, I'd probably root to get back my wifi hotspot.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have friends in the Cadillac area, do you have a date when you guys will be converted over to Verizon.

Device(s)
    BB 8530
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I've heard supposedly July 1.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    yea I heard July 1st too,
    on to the reason why I started this thread, Motorola is currently developing the Generic Gingerbread for the Milestone X basically verizon wanted it first and we have to wait :/

Device(s)
    BB 8530
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    For what it's worth, when I went into town yesterday (doesn't happen too often) the store by Home Depot says Verizon Wireless and they had a "now open" banner. So sad.......

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    the *228 won't get you the gingerbread update, but it will allow your phone to work w/ verizon. But on a good note, if the phone is being switched over to Verizon and w/ what SirPots said, you should be able to get the genaric GB update. The VZW one has been out sine the end of may i think so hopefully they hook you guys up. Good Luck

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Whoo-hoo!! I was able to load Gingerbread on my Milestone X! You'll need to get a copy of dxgbrooted.zip (easy to find), the Droid X Bootstrapper (a little more difficult), and the Droid X Gingerbread market fix.

Quick summary of steps:
    1) Root your X. Google to find out how.
    2) Bootstrap to load ClockworkMod Recovery.
    3) BACKUP YOUR CURRENT APN SETTINGS.
    4) Reboot into recovery (using Bootstrap).
    5) Nanroid backup.
    6) Clear cache/data/system.
    7) Choose the dxgbrooted.zip and install it.
    8) Reboot.
    9) Restore your APN settings.
    10) Run the market fix.
    11) Enjoy!

Best part of this method: it did NOT update my baseband!

***NOTE: I am not responsible for any damage you do to your phone, including (but not limited to) bricking, soft-bricking, or throwing it against the wall in frustration. Please have a copy of the generic or Alltel SBF to restore in case you run into any major issues. THIS IS NOT A PROJECT FOR HACKING NOVICES. YOU COULD BREAK YOUR PHONE!!! If you are experienced and impatient, feel free to attempt this. Otherwise, wait it out: I've heard from one inside source that Gingerbread IS coming to Alltel. And Motorola has already stated they are working on a generic version. ***

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by syphix View Post
    Whoo-hoo!! I was able to load Gingerbread on my Milestone X! You'll need to get a copy of dxgbrooted.zip (easy to find), the Droid X Bootstrapper (a little more difficult), and the Droid X Gingerbread market fix.

Quick summary of steps:
    1) Root your X. Google to find out how.
    2) Bootstrap to load ClockworkMod Recovery.
    3) BACKUP YOUR CURRENT APN SETTINGS.
    4) Reboot into recovery (using Bootstrap).
    5) Nanroid backup.
    6) Clear cache/data/system.
    7) Choose the dxgbrooted.zip and install it.
    8) Reboot.
    9) Restore your APN settings.
    10) Run the market fix.
    11) Enjoy!

Best part of this method: it did NOT update my baseband!

***NOTE: I am not responsible for any damage you do to your phone, including (but not limited to) bricking, soft-bricking, or throwing it against the wall in frustration. Please have a copy of the generic or Alltel SBF to restore in case you run into any major issues. THIS IS NOT A PROJECT FOR HACKING NOVICES. YOU COULD BREAK YOUR PHONE!!! If you are experienced and impatient, feel free to attempt this. Otherwise, wait it out: I've heard from one inside source that Gingerbread IS coming to Alltel. And Motorola has already stated they are working on a generic version. ***
    SAWEEEETTTT!!!! Cyanogean mod also works for the milestone x but I might have to give this a try!

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Links:

dxgbrooted.zip: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XRBQMVZ9

Droid X bootstrap: $2.99 in the market https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result (also available for free online, but support the developer: it's well worth $3)

Droid X Gingerbread Market Fix: http://jrummy16.com/jrummy/testing/fix.apk (needed because for some reason, not all apps are available in the market...until this is applied)

FOR WORST CASE SCENARIOS: Milestone X SBF files http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdro...ne-x-sbf-files
    NOTE: these SBF's are 2.2.1, so you'll need to re-root and re-bootstrap to get back to Clockworkmod and restore your backup (in my case, it's a 2.2.2 backup). A lot of work, but at least your not completely bricked!

And, in case you need it: How to SBF a Droid X (Milestone X): http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ing-guide.html

APN settings were a ***** to setup because I failed to back them up (dumb me!), but 3G worked out of the gate and I'm back up with MMS now and it's running smooth! Regardless of what others say online, I actually like the MotoBlur GUI over the ASOP generic (CM7). Besides, camera & camcorder (720p!) work with this rom...and not with CM7 (yet).

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by syphix View Post
    Links:

dxgbrooted.zip: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XRBQMVZ9

Droid X bootstrap: $2.99 in the market https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result (also available for free online, but support the developer: it's well worth $3)

Droid X Gingerbread Market Fix: http://jrummy16.com/jrummy/testing/fix.apk (needed because for some reason, not all apps are available in the market...until this is applied)

FOR WORST CASE SCENARIOS: Milestone X SBF files http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdro...ne-x-sbf-files
    NOTE: these SBF's are 2.2.1, so you'll need to re-root and re-bootstrap to get back to Clockworkmod and restore your backup (in my case, it's a 2.2.2 backup). A lot of work, but at least your not completely bricked!

And, in case you need it: How to SBF a Droid X (Milestone X): http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ing-guide.html

APN settings were a ***** to setup because I failed to back them up (dumb me!), but 3G worked out of the gate and I'm back up with MMS now and it's running smooth! Regardless of what others say online, I actually like the MotoBlur GUI over the ASOP generic (CM7). Besides, camera & camcorder (720p!) work with this rom...and not with CM7 (yet).
    would have to agree with you on that! this is why I was so happy to see that the verizon gingerbread works on the milestone x! to bad its not the most up-to-date though

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Man, I'm really loving this ROM! Kinda sucks that it's not 2.3.4 (which includes audio/video Google Talk chatting, and that's about it), but oh well. At least it's not 2.3.2 which has an SMS/MMS bug.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE: once you're on this version of Gingerbread, you can also update to a later version: this is 4.5.573, an early leak. Latest available that I could find is 4.5.596. Go to the following link and download either the ODEXED or DEODEXED version of *.596. Simply reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery and apply the zip directly over top your install. *DO NO WIPE, AND AS ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST*

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/28...-rooted-users/

ONE CAVEAT: It will try to update you to 4.5.602, which you do NOT want, as it would update your baseband, effectively turning your phone into a wifi-only paperweight. I let it attempt to install the update, and it failed...most likely because it's checking for a Droid X, and this is a Milestone X. Other than that, so far...so good! Difference between .573 and .596? Most likely bug fixes and stability.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    WARNING: I advise AGAINST upgrading as the previous post states to 4.5.596 -- the "upgrade to .602" warnings may annoy the crap out of you. I eventually went straight to MIUI4DX.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Well, I've upgraded my Milestone X to 4.5.602 (the latest update available from Motorola/Verizon for the Droid X), and retained my baseband. Here's how:

1) Follow the instructions given earlier to get on 4.5.573.
    2) Pay for and download Team Black Hat's app.
    3) Download the 4.5.602 All-in-One Update.
    4) Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery, clear/wipe everything, and install 4.5.602 -- NOTE: the install will appear to fail on updating the BP (baseband?), and say that the installation was aborted. But I was able to reboot into a nice, clean, ROOTED .602....while staying on my old, Alltel baseband. Fully working, with no "update" warnings.

The TBH app is about $2. WELL worth it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast