Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Thread: Sharp 007SH (Android Flip) The Hybrid

Device(s)
    Current Phone: Nokia N9 Past:Nokia 6651,Nokia 7210
    Carrier(s)
    Currently: at&t
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by yamanote View Post
    Some people have said that the stock browser doesn't work over 3G, but some people say it does. YMMV I guess?
    I'm going to answer my own question in case someone reads this later, just noticed on pg 32 of this thread, guess I missed it the first time:
    Quote Originally Posted by squeenix View Post
    @yamanote
    Yes, it works with WiFi! Sorry, I forgot to mention that!

But it definitely does not work over the mobile network! And that's a no go for me, 'cause I want to use a mobile phone wherever I want and not only in certain WiFi areas. :P
    So it appears the default browser does not work over a mobile connection.

Thanks for the reply yamanote.

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Now that root has been attained, i dont see why you wouldnt replace that (and the messaging app!) with items that are more user friendly

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So when I went down to Dallas this weekend, the phone was connected to the "AT&T DM" network again. I went to an AT&T store and after getting the lady behind the desk to stop freaking out about me not using an AT&T approved phone (apparently if it's not approved they don't have the troubleshooting manual for it and some of the employees don't know what to do without it) they told me that for some reason this phone is only connecting to AT&T's 4G network, because that's what the "AT&T DM" network is. Which is weird, because the phone can pick up one of AT&T's GSM networks at the same time, but won't connect to it. When I go back down there this weekend I'll try it again and take screenshots to see if anybody can tell if I'm doing something wrong.

As for the reset option, the phone's default password is indeed 9999, as I was able to change some password protected settings with the default password, but for some reason entering that as the password to restore the phone to default settings didn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks guys!

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Try changing the passcode, then using that passcode to reset the phone.

There have been several people who have reported issues with the master reset mechanism not accepting their known-correct codes though...
    iPhone 6s | N-06C

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Try going into the service menu by entering the following code:
    *#*#4636#*#*

From Phone Information, go to the bottom and see what your Preferred Network Type is... Obviously CDMA etc wont work, but it might be worth trying some of the GSM/W-CDMA options

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I just bought a softunlocked 007SH, and I can't get it to connect to 3G over the Rogers network. The icon at the top says "G" only, and it's friggin slow. T_T Is Rogers 3G not compatible with this phone? Has anyone had any success making 3G work?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So here is the service menu I see whenever the network is connected (found out that the back corner of my friend's living room is the only place in the city that I can get reception on this phone). Does this reveal anything about why it normally won't connect to the network? Name:  6bJaV.jpg
Views: 987
Size:  709.5 KBName:  rVez1.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  758.4 KBName:  kgqOM.jpg
Views: 1222
Size:  695.9 KB

And I validated that the lock code 9999 is correct by changing the screen lock settings and using the lock code to change them.
    Name:  7VSBL.jpg
Views: 1210
Size:  492.2 KB
    However, when I try to do a password change or phone reset, it tells me that the password is wrong.
    Name:  3aiSp.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  559.2 KBName:  57fRC.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  607.2 KB
    Is there two passwords for the phone?

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingy View Post
    So here is the service menu I see whenever the network is connected (found out that the back corner of my friend's living room is the only place in the city that I can get reception on this phone). Does this reveal anything about why it normally won't connect to the network?Name:  kgqOM.jpg
Views: 1222
Size:  695.9 KB
    Why is there an exclamation mark sign on the left side of the notifications bar? What is the message in it? This is strange, because I thought this warning sign is only displayed when either not connected to a network or when data connectivity is lost - but both are running in your case.

Also, your network type was set to GSM (auto). Have you tried GSM/WCDMA or WCDMA (auto)?
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    Why is there an exclamation mark sign on the left side of the notifications bar? What is the message in it? This is strange, because I thought this warning sign is only displayed when either not connected to a network or when data connectivity is lost - but both are running in your case.

Also, your network type was set to GSM (auto). Have you tried GSM/WCDMA or WCDMA (auto)?
    If I recall it was telling me that the gMail account wasn't connecting for some reason, probably due to the fact that the phone wasn't connected to the network as soon as I left the back corner of the room.

I tried GSM/WCDMA, but not WCDMA (auto) because I was under the impression that the CDMA bands are non-functioning in the states. I'll check it out though.

Device(s)
    HTC One X
    Carrier(s)
    AU by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    CDMA and WCDMA aren't exactly the same...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hello,

I'm new to this forum. My friend is 007sh from Hong Kong for me. I'll be getting the phone next week.

Just one question about the battery, where can I get another spare battery?

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The phone doesn't have a WCDMA (Auto) option, but it does have a WCDMA Preferred option, which wouldn't work whenever I selected it. As soon as I clicked the radio button for WCDMA Preferred the phone switched back to GSM Preferred.

On GSM, the phone shows this screen when searching for the network.
    Name:  oVuPI.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  494.8 KB

Whenever I click on AT&T this it shows the "registering" message for about 5 minutes.
    Name:  mMiTM.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  400.7 KB

And then this is the final message it gives me after the time.
    Name:  3UKPB.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  316.8 KB

Any ideas as to what it could be?

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Mine is set to WCDMA Only. If i select GSM Only, i lose reception, but WCDMA Preferred/GSM Auto (PRL) doesnt seem to do anything.

I wonder if the unlock process has somehow affected your ability to use WCDMA... unless it is the sim card?

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingy View Post
    The phone doesn't have a WCDMA (Auto) option, but it does have a WCDMA Preferred option, which wouldn't work whenever I selected it. As soon as I clicked the radio button for WCDMA Preferred the phone switched back to GSM Preferred.

On GSM, the phone shows this screen when searching for the network.

Whenever I click on AT&T this it shows the "registering" message for about 5 minutes.

And then this is the final message it gives me after the time.

Any ideas as to what it could be?
    Did you try to CPR your SIM card? (sorry if I've already asked). If not - take the SIM, put it in a phone which you know works fine, get signal, make a call (the other side doesn't have to answer), then put the SIM back into the 007SH. Also note: the other phone should be switched to 3G only, and before you search for signal on the 007SH, switch it to 3G only as well. If this fails, repeat the process but have the other phone and, respectively, the 007SH, switched to GSM only.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    Did you try to CPR your SIM card? (sorry if I've already asked). If not - take the SIM, put it in a phone which you know works fine, get signal, make a call (the other side doesn't have to answer), then put the SIM back into the 007SH. Also note: the other phone should be switched to 3G only, and before you search for signal on the 007SH, switch it to 3G only as well. If this fails, repeat the process but have the other phone and, respectively, the 007SH, switched to GSM only.
    Tingy has already did this...so did i.. having the exact same issue... "Unable to connect to this network at this time"

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast