Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 4G Coverage Maps

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score

4G Coverage Maps

Source: http://www.fiercebroadbandwireless.c...coverage-areas

Thats very surprising how much HSPA coverage (without needed backhaul however) AT&T has over T-Mobile. I would have though T-Mobile would have at least 1/4 of the area AT&T covers with HSPA (radios) covered.

This map also shows how T-Mobile is mainly focused on urban/metro areas, which I guess isn't much of a surprise.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That HSPA+ coverage only includes air interface upgrades to 64QAM modulation. That map is VERY misleading. In 99% of that AT&T coverage map AT&T doesn't have "Enhanced Backhaul" which is why T-Mobile is still advertising the largest 4G network.
    Bye!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kies View Post
    That HSPA+ coverage only includes air interface upgrades to 64QAM modulation. That map is VERY misleading. In 99% of that AT&T coverage map AT&T doesn't have "Enhanced Backhaul" which is why T-Mobile is still advertising the largest 4G network.
    Thats absolutely right. But still, T-Mobile really needs to roll out more HSPA coverage. On the flip side though, its not really funny that AT&T doesnt have the backhaul in place considering they are a telco and own plenty of copper and fiber lines.

I have no complaints about T-Mobile or their HSPA in SoCal, considering it blankets all of SoCal, but theres still too large a portion of America and densely populated areas that T-Mobile "4G" is still missing from.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What is the speed like? On nearly all of the major freeways my HSPA speed was pretty slow. I could still do stuff but it wasn't very quick.

3G coverage has much more square miles covered than 4G, but it is still small in comparison. Verizon 3G isn't that fast on the road at all, it's barely faster than the max of EDGE (.2-.3Mbps from Las Vegas to Los Angeles and back.. and even in Los Angeles where I could get 3Mbps)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    What is the speed like? On nearly all of the major freeways my HSPA speed was pretty slow. I could still do stuff but it wasn't very quick.
    I don't have a 4G device, but my area is 4G and I can get 5mbps no problem on my Vibrant. My friend's G2 gets 9-10 mbps in the area.

*holding out for a SGS 2 AWS*

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    t-mobile never has single piece of 4G network, it is fake 4G.
    HSPA+ is 3G
    T-Mobile - the largest fake 4G network in Americas

HTC HD2 Speed on 3G/HSDPA

T-mobile 3G/H or Pharos 137

My broadband speed

My WM phone is the best GPS now, say good bye junk Andriod

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentjudge View Post
    I don't have a 4G device, but my area is 4G and I can get 5mbps no problem on my Vibrant. My friend's G2 gets 9-10 mbps in the area.

*holding out for a SGS 2 AWS*
    I hit 3-4Mbps near UCLA and stuff but near any major freeway it was all bogged down. I wonder if when T-Mobile does add the second dual cell carrier, will we be able to take advantage of it or will it just be reserved for dual cell capable phones like the rumored Samsung Hercules.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolPhone View Post
    t-mobile never has single piece of 4G network, it is fake 4G.
    HSPA+ is 3G
    Its debatable, but we're all aware of this "revelation". Let me just clarify that when I say 4G in this thread, I'm referring to HSPA(+), and by 3G, I mean HSDPA.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    I hit 3-4Mbps near UCLA and stuff but near any major freeway it was all bogged down. I wonder if when T-Mobile does add the second dual cell carrier, will we be able to take advantage of it or will it just be reserved for dual cell capable phones like the rumored Samsung Hercules.
    I feel they are still backhaul constrained. During the day, I can only pull 3.5 mbps on average whereas hit late evening or night time, it goes up to 5mbps just fine. This is with the same signal strength and number of "asu's"

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Yeah it's the same issue here in Phoenix, during the day it's about 4-6Mbps but at night/morning i have no problem hitting 10-15Mbps no problem using my Galaxy S 4G or MiFi
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Most of T-Mobile's network is still GPRS and EDGE, and I haven't seen any new 3G rollout from them in NorCal in a LONG time. 4G? Nice, but they need to work on the rest of their network first, I am sure they have had plenty of "Well, I saw your commercials saying you had the largest 4G network, but all I can get is GPRS!" calls. I like T-Mobile, but their 3G rollout has become a joke, and 4G, well, Verizon is really the only one who can claim having that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Yeah it's the same issue here in Phoenix, during the day it's about 4-6Mbps but at night/morning i have no problem hitting 10-15Mbps no problem using my Galaxy S 4G or MiFi
    I had trouble hitting .5Mbps, but Verizon was no better and I assume Sprint/AT&T is the same during rush hour on the 101/405 in LA. In Phoenix my speeds have taken a hit but they're still pretty fast even on the freeways.

Feedback Score
    i havent seen more than 5down and 1.5up on my G2 or mt4g, and im less than a mile away from the 4G tower pulling in 3 to full bars of signal (-85dbm to -65dbm), even when on the same property as the tower (-51dbm) i dont see higher speeds than this.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    I just got a MT4G today, so I'll be doing some speedtests in my area soon.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Did some speedtests at a friends apartment, 3PM in the afternoon, -90dBm 11asu (3 out of 4 bars). He lives in a very residential area with several large apartment complexes in the area. Testing between 6000kbps and 10000kbps (10mbps) Down and 1500 to 1700kbps Up. Lowest test was 5506kbps down and the upload speed is very consistent; probably suggests some congestion in download capacity. Going to try later closer to a tower (ie -65dBm)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast