Thread: Aquos phone - sh-12c / sh-13c

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline R34 View Post
    It got a score of 1567

The SH-12C doesn't have the f, its just the SH-13C so I have no idea what the f stands for!
    Not bad actually... thanks for checking.

Right, forgot about that. Will have to wait for someone to get a 13C first then

Quote Originally Posted by klanse View Post
    ^1519 ---------------
    Run it several times and it should go up before hitting its actual score, where it should level off. As I said it isn't a very accurate test, but pretty cool to compare with other phones [like my GSII, which blows past 4k, lol].
    Last edited by yamanote; 06-08-2011 at 01:54 PM.
    iPhone 6s | N-06C

Device(s)
    Sharp 003SH
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    hows the battery life of the 12c?

Device(s)
    NTT DoCoMo SH-03A, F-01B, F-04B, F-06B, SH-12C
    Carrier(s)
    M1
    Feedback Score
    Battery life has been somewhat inconsistent,it used up 12% over 12hrs and 20% over 8hrs overnight with the same set of settings,so I'll wait for it to stabilize a bit first.

But I guess at its best, it could return to the pumps every alternate day.

Sent from my SH-12C using HowardForums

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wowzers.... that would put this phone as one of the longest lasting Android phones out there!

Getting more than one day out of an Android device (while actually USING it) is considered extremely rare. Heck i reckon i could barely do it with my 3200mah bathtub battery! (mind you i have Wifi/GPS/Pedometer/live wallpapers/full screen brightness and a fair amount of actual use)

Device(s)
    Porsche Design P'9981 by BlackBerry
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    The design is still not my style, but kudos to Sharp for putting a decent camera unit. No match for the 933SH still, but pretty good for a smartphone.

I wonder how this camera unit compares against the one in the 003SH. If I recall correctly the 9.6MP CCD sensor in that handset was terrible.
    Current Phone: Porsche Design P9981 by BlackBerry + BlackBerry PlayBook

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Not terrible, but not as good as the other CCDs. Slightly worse than the 8MP units if I remember correctly.

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The problem with the 8mp units is that you have to hold them extremely still otherwise you get warped images (due to the sequential access of to the CMOS sensor, not all the image comes out in one flash or something like that).

I still think that comparing the camera on this to other phones is like comparing Beer to Lemonade. Sure they do mostly the same thing (quench thirst) and its possible that you can make the lemonade taste alot nicer than beer (subjective, i know), but Lemonade doesnt get you drunk. This phone takes 3D pictures and movies! It has to be experienced on the phone to understand, but its an absolute spinout seeing yourself in 3D (drinking the aforementioned beer).

Ok so i havent tried bringing a beer into the Docomo shop to try that out, but regular videos are a trip, and i would LOVE to have twin cameras on my phone

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Obviously the ability to capture 3D media is cool, and I shouldn't compare 2D images from an 8MP sensor to 3D images from the 9.6 module, but it's 2D pictures (the mode which i think most people will continue taking pictures in) where it really counts.

And in that area, the 9.6MP CCD (which is supposed to be generations ahead of the 8MP module) really disappoints, esp. at night.

On my 1810c yeah I do get some warped/jellying images but on my sh-03c the same scene turns into a blurry mess lol.

The 10MP/12MP/14MP sensors are probably better in this regard (taking motion images).

Device(s)
    HTC One X
    Carrier(s)
    AU by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    Well now that Sharp has updated the SH-03C to Froyo, I'm a bit interested in Sharp phones again

The site says 3G+GSM. any idea which frequencies exactly are supported? Would be great if this phone were to work back home (Canada) as well as in Japan...

How's the responsiveness of the UI? Any lag when swiping screens, starting apps, pressing the home button, etc? When trying to swipe, does it sometimes interpret your movement as a tap instead, sending you into another screen/app instead of moving things around? The SH-03C does that a lot and it's annoying...

Have you encountered any apps that crash or cause issues when using them on this phone?

thanks

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    M1
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yamanote View Post
    Right, forgot about that. Will have to wait for someone to get a 13C first then
    Seems so, would like to know what the f does it stands for too

====

I got the SH-12C for the 3D camera lenses actually, and since I'm lucky enough to have other devices for different purposes, I'm not too worried about the SH-12C 2D performance. That said, 2D photo-taking is what its gonna be in most of the time,so I put it to the test first.

The other reason is, I haven't quite gotten the hang of 3D photo taking, I've had some decent ones and some headache inducing ones

Once I've some nice ones, I'll put up the MPO files

Quote Originally Posted by patrixl View Post
    The site says 3G+GSM. any idea which frequencies exactly are supported? Would be great if this phone were to work back home (Canada) as well as in Japan...

I don't actually, because it always seems to work in Singapore, so I never actually bothered. Oops!

How's the responsiveness of the UI? Any lag when swiping screens, starting apps, pressing the home button, etc?

Swiping screens in 3D mode is not as smooth as in 2D mode, but its not too bad, have seen worse. Apps start up pretty quick. It loads the HoFo App faster than my Defy too.

When trying to swipe, does it sometimes interpret your movement as a tap instead, sending you into another screen/app instead of moving things around? The SH-03C does that a lot and it's annoying...

The SH-12C does the opposite: It prefers to recognize swipes. So I had no trouble swiping screens, but a bit of irritation trying to move them around. But I swipe screens more often then I move apps, so not too much of an inconvenience really.

Have you encountered any apps that crash or cause issues when using them on this phone?

Installing certain apps via the Contents Manager. Angry birds crashed the phone twice. Did it via Astro File Manager and it was okay. Other than that, its okay. Haven't had much problems, but then I also haven't had much apps

thanks
    You're welcome, lol!

Battery Updates:

I got this result surfing forums on 3G for a couple minutes about twice an hour(that is whenever I was bored!)

Played some music and a 3D MV on the train as well and a little calls and messaging.

This was from yesterday, pretty light usage, some games and 3D videos experiment (it seems to work better with a 3D file at 960X540 with a length of 10 minutes; 20 will make the audio out-of-sync. But will look more into it, 3D in 960X540 seems to have some quality loss compared to 1024X576)

EDIT: The results were obtained with Green Power running and turning off data whenever the screen is off. Screen backlight was set to auto.

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    patrixl, you sure you want to go back to unsure official updates, locked bootloaders and no custom roms?

SH-12C: GSM (2G) 900/1800/1900 & UMTS (3G) 2100

I think. Or is 3G 800/2100?

This was from yesterday, pretty light usage, some games and 3D videos experiment (it seems to work better with a 3D file at 960X540 with a length of 10 minutes; 20 will make the audio out-of-sync. But will look more into it, 3D in 960X540 seems to have some quality loss compared to 1024X576)
    That doesn't look too bad (certainly not the worst I've seen) but it looks like it drains quite a bit of battery even with the screen off...?
    Last edited by yamanote; 06-11-2011 at 02:47 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    M1
    Feedback Score
    You sure you want to go back to unsure official updates, locked bootloaders and no custom roms?

SH-12C: GSM (2G) 900/1800/1900 & UMTS (3G) 2100

I think. Or is 3G 800/2100?

That doesn't look too bad (certainly not the worst I've seen) but it looks like it drains quite a bit of battery even with the screen off...?
    Yup, I think the first 20% was when I was sleeping, about 20% over ~8hrs, a far cry from the 1% per hour it achieved.

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Yup, I think the first 20% was when I was sleeping, about 20% over ~8hrs, a far cry from the 1% per hour it achieved.
    Does the SH-12C have an auto on/off timer like the other Sharps?

Device(s)
    HTC One X
    Carrier(s)
    AU by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    Yamanote: no I'm not sure at all lol. Then again I'm in japan, who knows for how long, it'd be cool to have something unique if I go back home. Not sure if it's worth it but hey I just got a case of gadget envy! Lol

I did notice sharp was not in the google io conferences list of manufacturers that committed to providing updates for 18 months....

Anyways I'm in no hurry, just feeling the itch for a new toy haha

Sent from my SH-03C

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    M1
    Feedback Score
    Does the SH-12C have an auto on/off timer like the other Sharps?
    Nope, can't seem to find it. Did the SH-03C have one? Just in case I missed it out or was looking at the wrong place..

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast