Thread: Co-op funds for new stores

Feedback Score

Co-op funds for new stores

Are any of you guys getting co-op or any reimbursement for stores you open?

Feedback Score
    Never heard of that. Only for new line activations is all I've heard of.

Feedback Score
    Do you think at this point it is still worth it to continue opening stores all out of pocket? What are you guys seeing as your average cost to open a store?

Also is everyone getting credit on their phones or paying cash?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWINDIRECTGUY View Post
    Do you think at this point it is still worth it to continue opening stores all out of pocket? What are you guys seeing as your average cost to open a store?

Also is everyone getting credit on their phones or paying cash?
    We get 15,000-30,000 per location we open up - depending on certain factors (sq ft, length of window frontage)

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Depending on square footage and the type of signage - I think you could reasonably figure $20k on build-out.

I would think most indirects buy their phones on VZW net 60 terms. Or Reliance/Bright Star net 30. Is Brightpoint even relevant at this point?

Feedback Score
    VZW does not give terms any more unless you had them in place from years ago. If you want terms you must give them a letter of credit from your bank, they will then give you a portion of that as terms. Brightstar and others will be used less and less now with the iphone out, most your orders will now be placed with vzw.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWINDIRECTGUY View Post
    VZW does not give terms any more unless you had them in place from years ago. If you want terms you must give them a letter of credit from your bank, they will then give you a portion of that as terms. Brightstar and others will be used less and less now with the iphone out, most your orders will now be placed with vzw.
    No terms at all? They usually give terms for an amount that equals you average commission check. Anything more than that you have to get a letter of credit. I still get my original terms plus the amount that equals my letter of credit on top of that. A letter of credit is still terms. Chances are you'll never have to use it unless you decide not to pay up, which I wouldn't think would be wise.