Thread: lost my galaxy S. Question about incoming calls.

Device(s)
    galaxy s3
    Carrier(s)
    the new brown (if we combine orange blue and now yellow) aka cingular!
    Feedback Score

lost my galaxy S. Question about incoming calls.

its been a while and i forget, but will it keep ringing as long as the phone and sim are inside the phone?

somewhere during my day, i seemed to have dropped my phone on campus. im keeping hope that as long as the sim is inside and the phone has power, it'll continue to ring and still give me somewhat-but very little i must say- hope of finding it.

98% of me says some douche most likely took it and will keep it. So, will the phone continue to ring as long as the sim is inside the phone and the phone is powered?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Your phone will always ring as long as it's charged, powered on, has an active SIM, within AT&T's coverage area and not physically damaged to the point of no return.

However if I were you I'd suspend your service immediately to prevent unauthorized charges to China or some other place that's expensive.

Report your lost device to your local school administrator who handles "lost and found," accessories with a description just in case someone honest turns it in.

It might also be advantageous to activate a new SIM with your number on a different phone (even a cheapy prepaid unit from Wal-Mart or Target) until you can buy a full replacement.

Think worst case scenario that you may never see your phone again. I hope you do but don't necessarily count on it.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    galaxy s3
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    well i was hoping that if i suspended my phone, i could still access to VM and people could leave me a message on it. Clearly thats not the case as the phone will just ring and ring.

the worst part is, i just downloaded the "wheres my phone?" app and had planned to set it up properly after school the day i lost it. Part of me wants to believe there's good in humanity and someone will find it, return it to campus offices. Then again i highly doubt it. Who wouldnt want a free galaxy S?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Once you suspend service the phone will no longer ring. Callers will receive an out of service message.
    Earl F. Parrish

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andrios View Post
    Who wouldnt want a free galaxy S?
    I would absolutely turn it in, whether I wanted one or not (I don't, actually).

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Try this out. I'm not sure which version of Android is required for OTA installs though.
    https://market.android.com/details?i...out.labs.planb

Device(s)
    galaxy s3
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    i hope att wont give me hell for dropping the data plan, seeing as i have no smartphone to use it on.

also, why would it keep ringing and not go to VM? they said it was suspended.

Device(s)
    galaxy s3
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    well i tried to find it and im not surprised it wasnt turned in to the lost and found. The odds of the us soccer team winning the world cup has better odds than someone returning my galaxy S.

of course att gave me the standard line "oh,sorry you aint getting nothin from us until 2012".

i dont have 450 to toss for a new galaxy S, but ill just stick to paying my monthly until i can pay my ETF.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Just get a cheap used phone in the meantime. You can get used GSM phones on eBay for next to nothing. Also drop the data feature from that line if you don't need it.