Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When is AT&T stopping the 12 month upgrade cycle?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

When is AT&T stopping the 12 month upgrade cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy View Post
    AT&T is stopping the 12 month upgrades soon. Everyone is going to 20 month, regardless of rate plan. No mention either way of special ones for the iPhone, but it seems like they're cutting back on phone subsidies.
    Does anyone know when this is going to happen?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Judging by at&t's updated upgrade page, it already happened... It just says you can get a new phone every 20 months and makes no reference to the cost of the line. Which is weird since my line shows up as being eligible on 6/30/2011... In fact a few weeks ago it was showing up as 11/30, but it got bumped up. I do have premier tho, idk how that effects things.

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/wh...-advantage.jsp

If I end up losing my upgrade before the iPhone 5 is released I won't bother with the upgrade pricing... I'll just buy the phones off contract (probably from Canada so I don't have to deal with the locked ********) and let my contracts expire so that I can leave AT&T when I wanr to. I doubt I'll leave AT&T until Verizon gets nationwide LTE though.

Device(s)
    IPhone X Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I believe when the new policy was announced, it was stated that it would be effective with new lines or after you upgrade. So, if you are already a current customer, then the new policy will not apply to you until you upgrade.

Example, I just checked on-line, and my primary line still shows eligible 7/8/11, on year after my contract started. My secondary lines show 3/8/12, 20 months after the contract started.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thank you both for the information. I'm kind of suprised. So after this next upgrade for me, it's going to be 20 months before I can get new customer pricing again.

Thanks again for the information.

Henry

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 64GB (White)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It doesn't matter to me I only use iPhones and iPhones hold their value VERY well. By the time the new one is coming out... I can sell mine for about $500. The new one is always $699... so $200 per year to have the latest iPhone isn't bad at all. I am still elegible to get an upgrade this year though. However... I will say this to AT&T here and now... taking away my year iPhone upgrade took away my ONLY reason for not switching to Verizon yet. So... this year I will probably be rocking iPhone 5 on Verizon.
    If you commonly type the name iPhone as "Iphone" or "I-Phone"... or if you commonly refer to an iPod Touch as an "iTouch" or "I-Touch"...... Then you deserve whole bottle of habanero hot sauce poured into your eyes!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteABombAZ View Post
    It doesn't matter to me I only use iPhones and iPhones hold their value VERY well. By the time the new one is coming out... I can sell mine for about $500. The new one is always $699... so $200 per year to have the latest iPhone isn't bad at all. I am still elegible to get an upgrade this year though. However... I will say this to AT&T here and now... taking away my year iPhone upgrade took away my ONLY reason for not switching to Verizon yet. So... this year I will probably be rocking iPhone 5 on Verizon.
    Agreed, the iPhone's resale makes this tolerable, but it was nice to *make* a little bit of money when it came time to upgrade :P (Sell for 500, buy for 300). If I'm going to have to buy one off contract anyway, I'll probably just buy an officially unlocked one so that the future resale stays even higher... And as soon as Verizon gets decent LTE coverage (and an iPhone that supports it) I'm as good as gone - I'm guessing that'll be around when iPhone 6 comes out.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Kind of sucks but oh well. I have two lines eligible for upgrade, wondering if I should use them or not. I don't know if I want to be in a contract, especially now that AT&T is starting to enforce data plans on non-branded smartphones.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    This is BS I have 7 lines and my main line always got 12 month upgrades because it's well over $100 a month.

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Im lost, we have had our lines for a 1 1/2 years now and there is not upgrades available, all 3 lines say no commitment pricing, so how are others getting upgrades in a year?
    NHCharmedOne

My opinions are mine, not yours, no one says you have to agree with them! =)

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    1-year upgrades are only available if you meet several criteria, one of which is a minimum of $100/month on the primary line. Apparently that doesn't apply to you.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well seeing as we spend $163 a month and the primary line has the plan on it, unl data and messaging that is well over $100 a month, so try again lol

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NHCharmedOne View Post
    Well seeing as we spend $163 a month and the primary line has the plan on it, unl data and messaging that is well over $100 a month, so try again lol
    This may help: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...de-eligibility

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thank you XFF! I have never seen anyone that actually explained it that way before. That answered my questions, so Thanks!

Device(s)
    IPhone X Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HPLouis View Post
    Thank you both for the information. I'm kind of suprised. So after this next upgrade for me, it's going to be 20 months before I can get new customer pricing again.
    That's the way I understand it to be now.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just so everyone knows, my upgrade date just reset from 8/2011 to 04/2012. A whole stinking 8 months later. I purchased my last phone in 8/2010, so I was supposed to grandfathered into the 12 month upgrade cycle until my last upgrade but apparently that hasn't happened.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast