Thread: Does Android have a backup/restore methods?

Feedback Score

Does Android have a backup/restore methods?

just got a new Android of the same model (Mytouch 3G Slide). Ive looked all over but is there any automatic backup and restore method I can use to transfer everything over?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 7 (2013)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyJaye View Post
    just got a new Android of the same model (Mytouch 3G Slide). Ive looked all over but is there any automatic backup and restore method I can use to transfer everything over?
    Most stock recoveries can't create recoveries. The apps you downloaded should be free since you already bought them but you could just root and flash clockwork mod then do an NAND backup and put that sd card in the new phone then back up from the NAND and your new phone would be identical to the old.

Device(s)
    Moto G6, Nokia 6.1
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyJaye View Post
    Are you asking about backing up your data,contacts and the like or backing up the current rom before flashing a new one? If you are talking transferring your info Google should do that automatically when you log in using your gmail account when you first set up the new phone.

You can check to see what you have there, go to gmail.com, login and make sure your contacts, etc are there and you should be good to go.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Device(s)
    Still trying to find the perfect one :)
    Feedback Score
    I think OP is talking about something similar to Blackberry or iPhone -which have desktop computer software that can backup the whole phone and restore back to exactly the way it was. Unfortunately the answer is no. As the others have said, once you root, you can use things like Titanium backup or do a NAND backup to get it back to previous condition. And your synced data will still be in your Google account. But none of these are as smooth as the single operation backup & restore that you get with BB device manager or iTunes.

Feedback Score
    Titanium backup is the only option that I can think of

Feedback Score
    There are many System tool apps that are available to help you create backup for all the data on your Android phone. I recently downloaded tis eBook http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/53569/, it gives detailed information on the best Android system tools.