Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 4g lte full flash might be impossible!!!! 4g lte sim card problem!!!! Thunder bolt

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    You were MISINFORMED in the beginning when you thought you could flash a non-Metro LTE phone to Metro's LTE network. Verizon and Metro both have LTE networks but use TOTALLY DIFFERENT FREQUENCIES.

And that function is controlled by the chipsets built into the phone. Built in at the factory. Unless you are going to open the phone and solder new chips in, you cannot change the frequencies.

That is why it's impossible. This has been known for a long time. A long time. Been thoroughly discussed on this forum.

==========

Now having said that, in the future -- note I am saying in the FUTURE, now right now -- as more manufacturers like LG, Samsung and HTC start making lots of LTE phones for Verizon, Metro, AT&T and even Sprint (yes, AT&T is also going LTE and Sprint is seriously considering it even though they have Wi-Max), it would make sense for all those manufacturers to build in all the frequencies to their chipsets and they are activated depending on the carrier to which it's being shipped.

IF/WHEN that happens, then theoretically, a Verizon LTE phone could be flashed to MetroPCS LTE network. It still might not ever happen -- due to the sim card stuff -- but at least it would be theoretically possible as the chipsets would have the necessary frequencies.

===========

But right now with only TWO LTE Android phones in the world for sale (Samsung Indulge and HTC Thunderbolt), by two different manufacturers, that kind of cross carrier pollination is not possible.
    Your totally right If the UICC sim cards are set in a different frequency. Like you said. Right now It's impossible, but I guess the Indulge shouldn't be that bad. Ok, I will join the Indulge team!! I am disappointing with this new technology they make it too hard for us to flash phones.

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    hey mr.bean i love ur movies anyways gotta agree with the fact that they do make it hard but take into consideration that phone manufaturers and cell phone provider have a business contract to make money, metro isnt stupid they are not gonna deal with a phone that has open loop holes thats why samsung tries so hard to make sure these loop holes are not accessible so easily..........damn phone hackers LMAO HAHAHAHAHA!

Device(s)
    Moto Maxx (XT1225, LG Nexus 5 (LG-D820)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n4zty View Post
    s gotta agree with the fact that they do make it hard but take into consideration that phone manufaturers and cell phone provider have a business contract to make money, metro isnt stupid they are not gonna deal with a phone that has open loop holes thats why samsung tries so hard to make sure these loop holes are not accessible so easily..........damn phone hackers LMAO HAHAHAHAHA!
    Exactly. When the Samsung Indulge first went on sale at Metro, some people wanted to buy it and take it to Verizon. Yeah, the opposite of the norm. Thinking was, Verizon has this FAST LTE network and at the time they only had USB dongles, not any LTE Android phones. So, if you could run the Indulge on Verizon's network....

Of course, wasn't possible. Like MetroPCS would allow that! They paid good money to beat Verizon to first LTE network, first LTE phone (Craft) and then the first LTE Android phone in the entire world (Indulge). Not about to let that be flashed to freakin' Verizon!

Feedback Score
    hey mr.bean i love ur movies anyways gotta agree with the fact that they do make it hard but take into consideration that phone manufaturers and cell phone provider have a business contract to make money, metro isnt stupid they are not gonna deal with a phone that has open loop holes thats why samsung tries so hard to make sure these loop holes are not accessible so easily..........damn phone hackers LMAO HAHAHAHAHA!
    lol haha.... yeah I love them too.... yeah, well if metropcs were to make a phone like the thunder bolt. Then metropcs customers won't look for other alternatives to get what they want. It's like their just telling you come to my store buy some candy, but we only have gummy worms, but the little girly girl wants a gummy bear. It just suxx... any how I have not bought a single metropcs phone for the past two years or so. The last phone I bought brand new from metropcs was that Motorola KRZR haha... I was a happy camper. Unfortunately It got stolen after a week. I was F**D....
    Burn brain for the Gain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    Exactly. When the Samsung Indulge first went on sale at Metro, some people wanted to buy it and take it to Verizon. Yeah, the opposite of the norm. Thinking was, Verizon has this FAST LTE network and at the time they only had USB dongles, not any LTE Android phones. So, if you could run the Indulge on Verizon's network....

Of course, wasn't possible. Like MetroPCS would allow that! They paid good money to beat Verizon to first LTE network, first LTE phone (Craft) and then the first LTE Android phone in the entire world (Indulge). Not about to let that be flashed to freakin' Verizon!
    What are the speed's like on Metropcs LTE

Feedback Score
    Usually between 2 and 6mbps

Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by locust43 View Post
    What are the speed's like on Metropcs LTE
    man!!! nothing like yours lets just say we only get up by a miracle 10% of ur full speed there looool

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by locust43 View Post
    What are the speed's like on Metropcs LTE?
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper View Post
    Usually between 2 and 6mbps
    Average is 2mbps - 3mbps. MetroPCS CEO Lindquist publicly said max was 8mbps due to Metro's spectrum restrictions -- but I haven't heard anyone getting the max.

Yeah, I know, it's "3G" LTE speeds. But for $50 per month, flat rate including taxes, that's OK. And it's so much faster than the "2G" speeds Metro has right now.

Plus, having LTE network keeps Metro "in the game". With Verizon, AT&T, and even even Sprint going to LTE, having an LTE network keeps Metro relevant. As handset makers introduce LTE handsets for the big guys, they will be able to easily configure variants for Metro. This ensures Metro will get access to the latest smartphones, which is what everyone wants.

Metro is working on solutions to get more spectrum and speed may increase in the future.

=========

Here's my question... What is the typical Verizon LTE monthly bill WITH all taxes and fees? What does a Thunderbolt owner pay per month, total? $100, $130, $150?

EDIT: OK, I just went to the Verizon site and pretended I was going to buy the Thunderbolt. I chose the 900 minutes plan, I chose unlimited web and email, and it said my monthly sub-total would be $112 per month BEFORE all taxes and fees. So, like $125, $130 total? Plus they said they were going to charge me a $35 "activation fee" on my first bill. HA!

Right now my wife and I have two LG Optimus with Metro for $45 each (courtesy $5 discount for family plan), plus $4 each for handset insurance. That's $49 each, total, per month. Doesn't change, that's it. So, that's $98 TOTAL per month for two Androids on Metro.

When we upgrade to Metro LTE Androids sometime later this year, that total will NOT change. Still will be $98 total for two LTE Androids ($48 each) vs "typical" $130 for ONE LTE phone on Verizon?
    Last edited by ChazzMatt; 04-14-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Isn't the thunderbolt 700MHz only?
    Bye!

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    only 700 mhz dang thought it was faster anyways on the home page on howardforums they posted that new phone for t-mobile its gonna be a dual core 1.20 ghz processor which blows my mind never knew phones were gonna have processors at all.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kies View Post
    Isn't the thunderbolt 700MHz only?

YES, that's why it can't be flashed to Metro. Metro's frequencies are different. That's what I've been telling everyone and they won't listen.

only 700 mhz dang thought it was faster anyways on the home page on howardforums they posted that new phone for t-mobile its gonna be a dual core 1.20 ghz processor which blows my mind never knew phones were gonna have processors at all.
    NO. He's not talking CPU speed, he's talking LTE frequencies. Yeah, it's confusing the unit "hertz", hz is used to denote both. The thunderbolt has a 1GHZ (1000 Hz) single core CPU, but operates on Vertizon's 700 MHz LTE frequency -- as well as Verizon's 800 and 1900 CDMA frequencies. (like a radio station) The Thunderbolt has LTE + CDMA chipsets to "broadcast" and receive on those frequencies.

HTC THUNDERBOLT

Network technology:
    CDMA: 800, 1900 MHz
    LTE: 700 MHz

Processor:
    Snapdragon
    Processor speed:
    1000 MHz

========
    The Samsung Indulge is built to work in MetroPCS LTE + CDMA frequencies.

SAMSUNG INDULGE

Network technology:
    CDMA: 800, 1700/2100, 1900 MHz
    LTE: 1700/2100 MHz

Processor:
    Hummingbird
    Processor speed:
    1000 MHz

====

Do you see how Verizon and Metro share some CDMA frequencies? 800/1900 MHz? This is why Verizon CDMA phones can be flashed to work in Metro markets with those CDMA frequencies.

And why flashed CDMA phones won't work in New York city on Metro's network:

http://www.metropcs.com/metroflash/
    MetroFLASH® is currently unavailable in Bossier City, LA; western & northern Michigan; and the Boston and New York areas.
    Why? Because Metro doesn't have 800/1900 MHz frequency in those markets -- therefore you have to use phones manufactured specifically for MetroPCS which have all their CDMA frequencies built into the chipsets.

But this is also why Verizon's LTE phones can NOT be flashed to work on Metro's LTE network. Verizon uses 700 Mhz for LTE while Metro uses 1700 & 2100 MHz for LTE transmissions. It's not just the sim card restrictions, it's the capability of the chipsets INSIDE the phones.

Now, in the future, major manufacturers may put in chips that can handle all the frequencies and (theorectically) they could be activated by a flasher. But right now LTE is so new, no one is doing that.

=====
    But wait! HERE'S THE BONUS LESSON...

Metro also uses 1700 & 2100 MHz for their CDMA transmissions. See that? They are using 1700/2100 for both CDMA and LTE! THAT is why there is so much congestion on Metro's network right now -- why data is sluggish, why you don't get text messages and emails in a timely manner. All their CDMA androids are using the same frequencies as their LTE phones for data. This is why Metro wants to switch over to LTE completely and turn off the CDMA signals.
    Last edited by ChazzMatt; 04-15-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    nize lesson professor lol

Sent via the HowardForums Android app on the Samsung Indulge Fully Rooted and Wifi-Tethered
    Musician and Producer at chosen-1-records check out some of my work @ http://soundcloud.com/chosen-1-records

Feedback Score
    metropcs is now flashing all lte devices via houdini besides via phones

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fatalfury View Post
    metropcs is now flashing all lte devices via houdini besides via phones
    No MetroPCS is no longer flashing phones, they stop using houdinis services, and yes Houdini might have LTE devices listed but that doesn't mean metro will start flashing devices.

http://www.phonenews.com/metropcs-en...service-20154/

Feedback Score
    the new phones have interchangeable sim cards attain and connect have it esteem and indulge dont

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast