Inspire or atrix?

Which do u guys recommend and why?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using HowardForums app

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Inspire is easily the better device. I think its already been posted in depth so search out the threads.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Feedback Score
    I was faced with the same choice and went with the ATRIX. I have no regrets about doing so either. I'd love for Roger to explain why he thinks the Inspire is the better device tho

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's what I'm after... I know it been discussed but I wanna hear new opinions

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    the quick summary is that the inspire comes with HTC sense which gives a much fuller and richer feature set compared to moto blur. moto blur actually has some really poor choices and whatnot. but even putting that aside, sense is far superior in most all areas.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I just went through the same though process and ended up with the Desire HD(Inspire).

Why...
    • First it was $100 cheaper(I purchased it outright)
    • I loved the larger screen
    • I actually have good eyesight but the large screen and lower resolution makes reading website text much better
    • THE BOOTLOADER IS NOT LOCKED! I'm running Cyanogen Nightlies and have no intentions of stopping.
    • I don't have to wait for Motorola to update their phones when Google comes out with an update. The community is much quicker and better at getting updates out.
    • since the phone is rooted, I have it overclocked and setto ondemand which greatly improves the battery life

If you're not planning on rooting the devices and throwing a custom Rom on the phone it might be a little more difficult choice. Although HTC Sense is a billion times better than Motorola Blur the Atrix does have better specs, but without bootloader unlock the phone is crippled imo.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had an inspire before and the in call speaker sucked, does anyone else have this issue of it being so quiet? And also are there any bigger batteries for inspire yet

Feedback Score
    We just purchased an Atrix as a sample, and I have to say it is impressive. Haven't seen the Inspire yet, but if it wasn't for BBm I would definitely switch to Atrix.

Popularity wise, we have 3 times the amounts of orders for Atrix than Inspire. Its quite the hot phone at the moment
    Cellunlocker.net - #1 Phone Unlocking Site on the Internet
    100% Guaranteed or your Money Back!
    toll free: 1-800-507-9077 email: [email protected]
    Unlock iPhone | Unlock Samsung | Unlock LG | Unlock HTC |
    T-Mobile Unlock App |
    MetroPCS Unock App | and many more!
    *Dealers, Stores, Wholesalers contact us regarding lowest pricing*

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by simsballa23 View Post
    I had an inspire before and the in call speaker sucked, does anyone else have this issue of it being so quiet? And also are there any bigger batteries for inspire yet

That is a common issue with the phone. If you're willing to root the phone it is easy boost the sound. I believe the fix is baked into all of the custom roms.

There are larger batteries but afaik they are all aftermarket and work at the same rate as the stock battery. That being said, once again if you're willing to root, install setcpu and set your cpu to 'ondemand' or 'powersave' You can OC it to 1.8ghz and it will give better scores than the Atrix. Most people report they can easily get a full day of normal use with the phone following this method.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ok cool cause those are the two reasons I got rid of it... I'm gonna get an inspire again cause I played with the atrix and honestly wasn't that impressed... Maybe it's just me but the inspire seemed much faster and snappy... But I don't have a clue as to how to do all the stuff you are talking about cause I have been an iPhone guy, but I'm sure a local shop can do it right?

Feedback Score
    Yes, local shop should be able to help

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How much harder is it than jailbreaking?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by simsballa23 View Post
    How much harder is it than jailbreaking?

It takes a bit more work than the iphone. There are walk through instructions on XDA.
    I had to start with this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=905003
    and then got full root access with this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=857537

It took me a few hours because I didn't make a gold card because my phone wasn't branded but once I did that the process was fairly simple. Just followed the instructions step by step and was fully rooted within minutes.Then I installed Rom Manager to make it easier to install Cyanongenmod roms. If you want other custom roms, it's usually as easy as installing the rom to your sd card and following the instructions again.

Not as easy as the one click stuff on the iphone though

You could also stay up to date with this page http://gizmodo.com/#!5789465/the-alw...-android-phone even though the guide for the Inspire 4G isn't there yet.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sweet u guys are awesome... A lot of help... Anxious to get my inspire now

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hey sorry if it feels like I'm thread jacking but i hate making new threads and i feel like you guys answered his question.
    But i have a few questions. So when you root an att or tmobile android that means they're unlocked and can be used with either sim. Right? If not, then how do you unlock an android?
    Also, which gsm android phones are there that would work with both tmobile and att 3g? Meaning having both frequencies..?
    And if i was to get an u mmmmm locked android on tmobile would tmobile hit me with the $25/30 data plan instead of my unlimited $10 I use with my nokia..?
    Tia

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast