Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4G WiMAX in Litchfield County Connecticut

Device(s)
    motorola atrix hd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score

4G WiMAX in Litchfield County Connecticut

I've been looking into sprint 4g in litchfield county. I have found 2 tower upgrades from the ct siting council website i believe that at least one is wimax. One for sure in harwinton ct & one at the top of east main street in torrington. (Torrington 1925-1930 East Main St41-49-23.8 73-04-36.11 Sprint Nextel SBA 155.00 153.00 1100 replace 3 of 6 antennas, install 1 TMA 03/14/11) Now that kind of matches a post on the ct siting council website in harwinton (Harwinton 159 Weingart Rd 41-47-16 73-05-33.28 Clearwire American Tower m 145.00 180.00 1019 install 3WiMAX antennas and 3 TMA'S 11/18/10) Now one post is clear & the other is sprint/nextel though they have the same 3 antenna's & the harwinton has 3 tma's & the torrington site on east main street has only one tma. Though as i look through the list of clearwire wimax antenna installations there are microwave dishes also included. Also there is a few of the same sprint upgrades "remove 3 of six existing antenna"s "around the state of ct. A couple that already have 3 clear wimax antenna's installed. So i am not sure about the torrington site. It could be just a maintenance upgrade. If you look on a map the 2 towers are in a identical north - south line of the east side of route 8. Also the east-southeast side of the city of torrington. sprint is not upgrading its own network to wimax "4g" yet cause of clear's financial woes. Why would they only replace 3 of 6 antennas on that tower with only 3g. Wouldn't make any sense to do that. Though it doesn't look that way. I live in the south west side of torrington half way up the hill towards the hospital & i can see that tower in harwinton on top of the hill looking east-southeast. Here is the siting council link. just click on the approved tower database link http://www.ct.gov/csc/cwp/view.asp?a...48312&cscNav=| Also i have started a new thread under "4g in litchfield county in connecticut" under "Sprint -> Coverage/Technology Discussion 3G & 4G" thread ALSO THERE IS VERIZON LTE UPGRADES EVERYWHERE. THE STATE OF CT GOING TO BE LIT UP VERIZON LTE BIG TIME SOON.
    Last edited by aronmatmike; 04-02-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Device(s)
    motorola atrix hd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    i have been having slow data constantly for the last few months here in torrington connecticut. Anyone else been having the same issue? I called sprint & they said there was on other complaint on april 24th

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Hows it going on Sprint? Any upgrades to wimax or heck fixes to evdo 3g :-) just curious?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I think that was my ticket LOL -- at the time I was told that most of the towers in this area were running at no more than 70% which is NOT good at all. I've been itching to try Sprint again (great rates and features) but I need more then 200kbs speeds :-)

Quote Originally Posted by aronmatmike View Post
    i have been having slow data constantly for the last few months here in torrington connecticut. Anyone else been having the same issue? I called sprint & they said there was on other complaint on april 24th

Device(s)
    motorola atrix hd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Sprint has been about .2 up .3 down. Thats it. Even in the early morning hours. I went up to the top of east main street near the tower at the At&t store where it says on the ct citing council website they replaced some panels. After doing about 10 tests on different test sites like sprint broadband, speakeasy, & speed test.net with my mifi 2200 hotspot on a brand new laptop i couldn't crack 1.0 mbps downlink. 380 uplink.thats sitting in the car next to that huge cell tower behind biglots with the new sprint panels installed. On the otherhand my new at&t samsung infuse 4g speeds are incrdible! Here is a screenshot of the hspa test from inside my house south west side of the city of torrington half way up the hill towards the hopital. Name:  SC20110727-011941.png
Views: 721
Size:  96.8 KB

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    hmmm that really sucks :-( I figured Sony/Ericson would have fixed that issue by now almost 6 months later?

I have not been looking but will start to - did that tower at big lots have any wimax kit ad-ons yet; I assume the tell tale is still a small microwave dish?

I might still switch over to Sprint though

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Neither here nor there, but its not Sony-Ericcson doing the network maintenance and upgrades. Its just Ericcson.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk
    Thrill me...

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
    Neither here nor there, but its not Sony-Ericcson doing the network maintenance and upgrades. Its just Ericcson.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk
    Huh - thanks and sorry about that....

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I picked up a EVO 4G to test out the area -- been all over the place speed wise. from 60k to 900k ranging from top of east main / harwinton / west side -- so it seems the towers have the ability but is it a backhaul issue or old tired cell tower infrastructure? The indpentent reseller in town said we 'should' have 4g installed by the fall..

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't base my purchase on any salesman's word that includes speculation of the future.

Device(s)
    motorola atrix hd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Pretty good 4g wimax signal today in torrington ct. Even inside my house. Pretty much a couple bars signal the whole center of town. The corporate sprint store in canton ct says they are just testing. We will see. I always said there was a clear site on a tower in western harwinton ct. On top of the hill. Maybe its turned on for good.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Pretty good 4g wimax signal today in torrington ct. Even inside my house. Pretty much a couple bars signal the whole center of town. The corporate sprint store in canton ct says they are just testing. We will see. I always said there was a clear site on a tower in western harwinton ct. On top of the hill. Maybe its turned on for good.
    From I found the Torrington WiMAX site is only here to protect clear from losing the license for the area.

But I just picked up an iPhone for sprint so it would make sense for WiMAX to be lit up. As that's my dumb luck lol.

Device(s)
    motorola atrix hd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Updated post::: Thats what i thought was the situation was johnner1999. They have one site in new london county also. The sprint 4g signal when its set on 4g only "Goes in & out off & on thought. My house is about 3 & 1/2 miles away" from the site. When the setting is set on 4g preferreed it stays in sprint 3g which is utterly worthless in this city. Pretty much a couple bars signal the whole center of town. I will drive up Sunday to the tower in harwinton to check out the signal strenght & i will report back. The corporate sprint store in canton ct says they are just testing. We will see. I don't think that the signal is relable to say that Torrington has 4g???. I would believe clear wireless would have to add another site or 2 or 3 to advertise 4g service. If you look on both clear & sprints website. Their is no mention of 4g service in Torrington,Ct. I always said there was a clear site on a tower in western harwinton ct. On top of the hill. Maybe its turned on for good. (November 10th 2010) "TS-CLEARWIRE-066-101101 - Clear Wireless LLC request for an order to approve tower sharing at an existing telecommunications facility located at 159 Weingart Road, Harwinton, Connecticut"
    Last edited by aronmatmike; 10-16-2011 at 04:56 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Updated post::: Thats what i thought was the situation was johnner1999. They have one site in new london county also. The sprint 4g signal when its set on 4g only "Goes in & out off & on thought. My house is about 3 & 1/2 miles away" from the site. When the setting is set on 4g preferreed it stays in sprint 3g which is utterly worthless in this city. Pretty much a couple bars signal the whole center of town. I will drive up Sunday to the tower in harwinton to check out the signal strenght & i will report back. The corporate sprint store in canton ct says they are just testing. We will see. I don't think that the signal is relable to say that Torrington has 4g???. I would believe clear wireless would have to add another site or 2 or 3 to advertise 4g service. If you look on both clear & sprints website. Their is no mention of 4g service in Torrington,Ct. I always said there was a clear site on a tower in western harwinton ct. On top of the hill. Maybe its turned on for good. (November 10th 2010) "TS-CLEARWIRE-066-101101 - Clear Wireless LLC request for an order to approve tower sharing at an existing telecommunications facility located at 159 Weingart Road, Harwinton, Connecticut"
    I hope project vision gets to our area sooner than later. When ever I call tech support they say no issues in the area and no complaints. Hmmm.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Talked to tech support today and she stated that at least two towers were being updated to vision evdo, one on top of the Torrington tower and one over near wright road close to goshen. Eta is mid November.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast