Thread: T-Mobile hasn't halted 3G upgrades *yet*

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

T-Mobile hasn't halted 3G upgrades *yet*

Just noticed a new 3G tower upgrade where it has been sorely needed. Near Rainbow and the 215 across from albertsons.

Sent from my Vibrant, Vibrant
    Bye!

Device(s)
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Carrier(s)
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't expect any halting for awhile on work in progress. It takes these upgrades and new sites too long to move through the pipeline.

New site planning I could imagine a holiday on, since a dollar saved is a dollar earned - due to them selling spectrum more than sites.
    AT&T and T-Mobile SF Bay Area+ Cell Sites - with Cell ID labels
    http://sfocellsites.com/
    Over 1,100 AT&T sites in the 9 Bay Area counties + San Benito, Santa Cruz and Monterey counties
    Now over 1,500 T-Mobile sites in these 12 counties

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I figured as much but it was beyond long overdue. There is a Corporate T-Mo store in the immediate area and to have a weak 3G signal at one of your stores is a poor showing. Plus the huge shopping center and abundance of homes in the area make it more than deserving. The best part is that the 3G signal strength is within a few -dBm of the 2G signal which is something that is really not as common as it should be.

Sent from my ·T·Mobile·· Samsung Tab

Feedback Score
    yeah, I live off of Charleston/Rainbow and 3G is a solid 4 bars here. I noticed in that area id often fall back to GSM while driving. You want to see something a little more impressive, take a drive down to Red Rock Canyon, I get 3G down in that area now, where I didnt used to before.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow really! This one that I'm mentioning now seems to have and some sort of equipment failure because the GSM and 3G signal is weak on the side of the tower that is facing the 215 as of yesterday so.. it's frustrating but It's still good news to see them finally filling in 3G around here. I might take a trip up to red rock just to check and see. haha

Feedback Score
    the 3G coverage is on the northern end of RRC, if you go south towards Blue Diamond, it will fall back to gsm, hell theres a spot down further south that drops all the way down to GPRS, like if you ever drive to Lee Canyon, theres a nasty area on the 95 between Vegas and the Lee Canyon turn off that is GPRS only...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    3G at rainbow and the 215 is back online.

I'm guessing the 3G at RRC is overflow from a recently upgraded 3G tower neat city limits. The signal can travel a good distance if there are no structures in the way.

Sent from my Vibrant, Vibrant

Feedback Score
    that tower works like crap, but i have noticed some more intermittent 3G/4G coverage in that area, compared to mostly Edge in that area. in that corporate store, i was in there today, and by moving my phone a few inches it dropped off of 4G to edge.

they need to fix the area at the intersection of blue diamond and decatur, its a serious tower conflict issue.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    They sure seem to have stopped here in NorCal.
    Nobody cares about Northern California, take the hint already.
    Quote Originally Posted by tackleberry23 View Post
    that tower works like crap, but i have noticed some more intermittent 3G/4G coverage in that area, compared to mostly Edge in that area. in that corporate store, i was in there today, and by moving my phone a few inches it dropped off of 4G to edge.

they need to fix the area at the intersection of blue diamond and decatur, its a serious tower conflict issue.
    Ya 3G seems to only point towards the freeway and the Silverton but with the new construction H drops out at the offramp underpass. I saw them with the crane at the tower (Which the in the parking lot of Blue Diamond Crossing or whatever it's called) but no signal improvements have been made towards decatur. I pick up 3G with my DEFY no problems but the Samsung Vibrant has serious issues when going from EDGE to 3G. It can take minutes before it wants to switch over. Inside the store near that intersection I have no problems holding H/3G if the Vibrant has already picked it up. Signal has gotten weaker though from when they initially turned it on for both EDGE and 3G on the north side of the tower, pointing towards the shopping center and freeway.

Feedback Score
    i noticed when i flashed a different radio on my G2 i saw 3g/H at the light at decatur and it worked very well, but with the stock radio it usually hits edge and works when it feels like it.
    what store are you referring to? inside walgreens i have almost no signal, inside albertsons almost no signal towards back of the store, in the bank its spotty.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was talking about at Rainbow and Arroyo Crossing. In Albertsons the signal is dodgy, no 3G at all except for in the parking lot but I haven't ever lost service in there. At the separate US bank in the parking lot across from Albertsons I have good EDGE signal. It's ashame because the tower has 3G but the sectors pointing towards Decatur don't have any AWS/3G panels on them, or the **** is just turned off.