Thread: Any New Nokia's For Bell ?

Device(s)
    Samsung t130, 3530
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score

Question Any New Nokia's For Bell ?

Does anyone know.. or heard any rumours...as to if Bell Mobility are going to carry any newer model Nokia's as opposed to their continuance with Samsung and Motorola ?

Thanks -

Simon8890

Feedback Score
    One new one coming in January or so. Will utilize the new 1xRTT upgrade. The design and name of this model has not been released.

Device(s)
    Samsung t130, 3530
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    excuse my ignorance but what is the 1x RTT ????

Device(s)
    Motorola V60c
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

what about the 3285?

The nokia 3285 (just a fancy 6185) maybe released in a few months. Not that I've heard anything to confirm it, just a guess.

Feedback Score
    Well let me try a technical definition of 1xRTT so correct me if I am not on track here.

1xRTT is the first step towards 3G CDMA or CDMA2000. This upgrade will allow packet data rates of 384 kbps.

So a parellel might be that upgrade to GSM and their GPRS.
    Last edited by ··metaCOREtex··; 07-15-2001 at 11:18 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Nokia phones for CDMA

Your present hope is the Nokia 3285 and it is just a fancy version of the 6185 as Korteks has put it. Personally, I don't like the phone just by viewing it from the picture. It may turn out to be nicer though.

Nokia was having some disputes with Qualcomm with regard to the CDMA loyalty fees for their phones. As a result, Nokia had stopped producing new phones for CDMA. However, everything might change since it has a new agreement with Qualcomm about some new CDMA infrastructure. So I won't be surprise to see the CDMA version of the 82xx and 88xx in the future. The problem is that those phone will probably be out of date by the time they launch them.