Thread: Solo prepaid phone deceptions

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Solo prepaid phone deceptions

the prepaid service is set up to deceive you and take money from you.(especially young children ) . Pay for monthly unlimited texting and 100 free calling minutes, and delay in system starts charging you at pay per use. they then lower your balance to below monthly fee so your automatically left on pay per use. No customer service as they give you run around and charge you $3 for it. They also give out your cell number to premium text companies so your charged $5-$10 per time the premium contact messages you. Their is no prompt to protect the caller from this charge as it is automatically billed. you contact them and of course it is your fault. These prepaid phones are used by minors or teenagers.Dont buy solo. They are owned by bell. but if you contact bell they say contact solo yet they own solo.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have had billing problems with them as well. Also, being charged for being out of my "zone" when I was smack in the middle of it. If they hadn't drained every penny out my account while they mistakenly (cough cough) charged me, I would have never known they had charged me. There were other shady things as well as far as billing went.

I moved to Mobilicity and although Solo's coverage is slightly better at best, I am so happy I left them. I was with them for over 1 1/2 years and towards the end I was wondering how they would short me money next. Or charge me for being out of my zone when I was kilometers inside it.