QPST
    NV Items (whiterabbit page)
    or
    RSD lite and Miler rom (by Joe Texaco)

for MMS
    Root privileges.
    APN manager (from the market)
    Good file manager.
    Basic knowledge of Linux directory structure.

Ok for the down and dirty. If you have Ntelos account and just want to activate your Droid most stores will flash you over and put your esn on a network. If you want to support your local business and don't mind paying $30 it will save you some time. It wasn't my case and I had to flash it over my self. I will skip over how to flash a PRL because it's the easy part.

Ones you can call and text let's make web working. Install everything required in Windows. Turn off your Droid, open slider and hold down T. Insert usb cable. (coming from your PC obviously) Phone should turn on, if it doesn't go ahead and press power button (still holding T) you can let go of T when you get a popup message 'Motorola phone detected' or something like that. To make sure you got it in diagnostic mode open up network properties. You should see it there with weird local addy. Open up HVSP, uncheck NVT update from options. Use port 5 and click create com. Diding,diding. Just to make sure we there, open QPST service programming and try to connect to port 5. If you see it there, we're good. Close it for now. Go over to whiterabbit.org and generate your NV items (just @ntelos.com or #@ntelos.com) Open CDMA WS and connect to port 5. In Security put in the spc code 000000 and click send. Ones your get a positive response go to Main and Nam and hit read. Then go to Memory and write NV items. (.txt file you got from whiterabbit) After it writes you can disconnect but don't reboot the phone. You still need to enter passwords. Open QPST after connecting, hit read from phone and enter your spc. Go over to m.ip tab, you should see your #@ntelos.com in both NAI and ThetheredNAI. Don't need to change anything here (besides MDN if you didn't enter it with NV items). Click PPP and write password 'ntelos' (no quotes) in AN and UM. Hit write and let the phone reboot. Ones it reboots you should have 1x or 3g depending on your plan*

Another way to get your radio to shake off dreaded @vzw3g.com is to install Original unlocked Milestone rom using RSD lite. I have not tried that route.

Now for MMS. If you have texting plan and just want to send and receive pics you can skip all that NV item nonsense on top. Root your phone. Get APN manager from the market. Get a good file manager with SU permissions. (I used Super Manager) Now I believe APN setting are as follows:
    Name - Ntelos

APN internet

Proxy

Port

Username

Password

Server

MMSC http://mms.ntelospcs.net/?X-MDN=Y-OUR-11D-IGIT# (e.x http://mms.ntelospcs.net/?X-MDN=18045555555) .. thanks to kujars for this find.

MMS Proxy

MMS Port

MCC 310

MNC 120

APN type MMS

Default method to open your apns with voice dialer will work but there is no way to check because after you change MNC from 004 APN is gone from the list. (it's still there but don't show up, another smelly Verizon easter egg)
    Use your file manager to edit pppd-ril.options in /system/etc/ppp/peers and enter user #@ntelos.com password ntelos. Follow same line structure (Winblows Notepad seems to bunch everything together) Make sure file permissions are right. (apns-conf should be 644 and pppd-ril.options 555) This should get you simple ip and MMS send/receive working. If you flashed NV items you need to leave pppd-ril alone.

Word of caution. Back up everything. With a first option and CDMA WS/NV flashing if you're unfortunate enough to brick your phone you can flash Miler rom. Use common sense. Pulling the battery while you flash it is not a good idea. Read/research on parts and functions of every file mentioned in a guide. Don't delete files or folders on your phone no matter how ridicules or unnecessary they may seem. (unless you put them there) Obviously I wave all responsibility. This is just retracing steps on how I got my phone working, I might have forgot something. I intentionally left out copying/replacing 4 files (telephony.db, eri.xml, apns-conf.xml and apns.xml) from nTelos-mms.zip because I'm 99% positive it has no influence on MMS.

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier(s)
    nTelos
    Feedback Score
    Won't work. Not correct internet settings. Thanks for trying though.
    ntelos HACK...have ntelos solutions for most phones. Repairs as well.

Carrier(s)
    nTelos
    Feedback Score
    funny, I have everything functioning...

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier(s)
    nTelos
    Feedback Score

Nice Try

I find this hard to believe on a number of things.

User Name, PPP, and what you activated device as....

This won't work people. I've flashed over 500 Droid 1's to nTelos.

Thanks for the line of bs. Next!

Device(s)
    Galaxy S and Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Ntelos(Droid X)
    Feedback Score
    By the way mean, what are the correct data settings for 3G? I'm trying to flash a galaxy s and droid x to ntelos and can't for the life of me remember them. Also which phone to I have to make them list it as to get those setting to work?

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier(s)
    nTelos
    Feedback Score
    I don't share the solutions. Gave you guys some hints, but this is my liveliihood sorry.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Device(s)
    Galaxy S and Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Ntelos(Droid X)
    Feedback Score
    I hate to say it harley but mean is right. Those aren't the correct settings if the phone is provisioned as a "Milestone". [email protected] password ntelos was used for 1x services and it may still work that way. So in theroy, you may have 1x data with those credentials. I am going to order a moto milestone from ntelos so I will come back and update you with the 3G settings for a Droid Provisioned as a milestone as soon as I get my grubby little hands on it and do some tinkering. I will be unable to test these settings outside my milestone but will post for the nTelos community to end this cycle of hoarding information.

Carrier(s)
    nTelos
    Feedback Score
    I have 3g working and that's the logon credentials I've used... I spent a week compiling information to get my Droid working. I'm happy. This guide is here to share information.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S and Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Ntelos(Droid X)
    Feedback Score
    What did ntelos activate it as in their system? I'm just curious as I want to try these settings out with a droid x I have

Carrier(s)
    nTelos
    Feedback Score
    moto droid... as far as I understand prl dictates network connection speeds...

Device(s)
    Galaxy S and Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Ntelos(Droid X)
    Feedback Score
    This is how I got 3G working on my Droid X. I used a guide with very similar instructions as your but I have it provisioned as an HTC Hero and used these data settings.
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: Your Hex ESN. You can get this by putting your MEID in the 2nd box on http://www.whiterabbit.org/android/. You are looking for the (p)ESN.

The key factor here is to make sure when you call then to Tell them it's an HTC Hero and hope they buy it. Some reps will and some will catch on.

Device(s)
    Recently threw away 300 lbs of phones.
    Carrier(s)
    CrIcKeT
    Feedback Score
    @OP, you cannot skip the data portion to do just mms. MMS send via the data connection. Without data, you will have no mms.

As far as the 3G, it is correct that the PRL dictates whether the phone connects via 1x/3G, but a network can block it per account. I have no idea how nTelos sets things up internally. That being said, it would just take one person testing to figure it out.
    QUESTIONS BELONG IN THREADS, NOT IN PMs!!!

I am no longer an active participant of this forum. Please do not PM me expecting to receive a response.

Feedback Score
    That's a good tutorial except the apn is all wrong

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier(s)
    nTelos
    Feedback Score
    Ntelos system will eventually boot these devices out for incorrect settings. Let me know when your data stops working. System eventually corrects itself and will auto drop phones. You guys have interesting settings but they're partially correct.

Carrier(s)
    nTelos
    Feedback Score

update

sorry meangreen, it never stopped working. I had 3G all year but when I switched over to Frawg had some trawble

anyone who is interested I got frawg 21102 prl
    as far as user/pass it should be [email protected]/ESNhex

kbman found solution to unlock droid radio. Go to Whiterabbit to get NV items. Pretty sweet fix

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast