Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Home Phone Connect release and information thread

Feedback Score
    how is this to be used on verizon? is it to be used in place of 'verizons' home connect, do you need a special data plan for faxing? what is the cost per month for using the telular device on verizon?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    In my case it's an extra line on a family plan, I doubt they let you switch something else on a home phone plan, although I did see elsewhere on HoFo where someone was able to do an esn swap online but that was a long time ago.

I wouldn't bother with the sx7t model since Verizon's data prices aren't cheap and I don't know if it would work.
    Mourning the loss of my Nextel i325 but still using a bag phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    it looks like same as tmobile did few years ago, tmobile @HOME (on UMA technology) phone service,after a year, tmo closed it out .
    now, it is Verizon's turn to piss out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989
    oh you forgot about sprint too! , i am sure verizon and sprint would tell you to 'piss off!'

Feedback Score
    yes, you can still do esp swap's on verizon, i signed into my account and there is a option to change devices. maybe I am getting this confused with verizon's home connect for $19.99, are you telling me that I will have to select a totally different plan?

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Check out the Quick Start Guide and User Manual for the new HomeFusion Broadband
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...homefusion.jsp

It shows an LED status light and phone plug on the device, but says it isn't supported.
    It makes me wonder if it might be supported in the future, where this device would not only connect to Verizon's data network for home internet, but also their voice service (similar to the Home Phone Connect).
    Still, the data price is pretty expensive: 10GB $60, 20GB $90, 30GB $120. And speed is rated at 5-12 Mbps down and 2-5 up.
    If I wanted to spend $100/month for internet, I'd could get 50 Mbps down and 10 up with Comcast and have a cap of 250GB.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    It shows an LED status light and phone plug on the device, but says it isn't supported.
    It makes me wonder if it might be supported in the future, where this device would not only connect to Verizon's data network for home internet, but also their voice service (similar to the Home Phone Connect).
    Possibly for VoLTE ?????

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
    Possibly for VoLTE ?????
    Maybe, it doesn't specify.

Feedback Score
    We got one about a month ago and its great. We use cordless phones all around the house 3 I think, and I put one in my pocket and walked to the back of our 3 acres, and got clear service! i put it in my bag and took it to my daughters on mom's day ,called friends in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.
    If you don't enter your number fast enough, it doesn't go thru. Solved that by putting in number, then hitting the call button, or use the redial.
    It's going with us to Florida in the fall. My dream is to put a curly corded phone on my dash, and answer it in traffic or a parking lot in front of all the cell phone people. I hope it works in Hawaii, maybe I can go on my savings!!!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharrygranny View Post
    We got one about a month ago and its great. We use cordless phones all around the house 3 I think, and I put one in my pocket and walked to the back of our 3 acres, and got clear service!
    Isn't that an indication of your cordless phone systems range? It has nothing to do with the Verizon device.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spleck View Post
    I'm guessing the stationary nature of it is part of the reason for the low price. No roaming to deal with, plus VZW can plan network capacity since they know where you'll be.
    It's really not stationary. I took mine with me when we went for a visit 140 miles from my home, pluged it in, connected a phone, and called Nova Scotia from Michigan, no problems.
    I have caller ID, call waiting, and just recently added our name to the caller ID info. The good thing also is that my home phones have strong speakers, I can put the speaker on, and work while I chat with my friends and family, almost impossible with tiny cell speakers.
    You have your phone numbers, and whatever other features your home telephone affords, plus you can have a mailbox with the hfc, or you can discontinue it and use your own.
    Wow, I should be selling these! I am 74, so if I can use this, anyone can.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    I have a 3 set of Panasonic home cordless phones with a base station answering machine we got several years ago, not sure of the model, but they have a small color LCD screen on them that's nice. I'm not sure if they are 2.4 or 5GHz, but the range on them is pretty good as the base station as dual antennas. The speaker phone is also lound & clear, and you can even see it thought the covering on the back, looks like 1" diameter. I do need to order the replacement batteries for them, as they're not holding as long of a change. They even have a miniUSB port on the handsets so you can add a wallpaper or a picture ID for a contact.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Here is the description for the $2 "Caller Name ID for Home Phone Connect" feature, straight from the VZW website. While I understand #1, but how does services #2, #3, and #4 work on the Home Phone Connect box? On exactly what "call screen" are these displayed?

Is the third Home Phone Connect box about to be released (and this description is a bit premature), and this new box has an LCD screen?????

Caller Name ID for Home Phone Connect

Caller Name ID offers 4 distinct services as a monthly subscription.

1. Name ID:

Displays Calling Party’s Name to Call Screen
    Displays Calling / Called Party’s City and State to call screen (VZW subscribers only). This functionality is currently provided by the City ID service

2. Picture ME:

Displays a custom calling graphic to the Called Party’s Call Screen
    The graphic / image is set by the Calling Party.

3. Mobile to Mobile Indicator (formerly IN):

Displays a "Mobile to Mobile" calling graphic on the call screen when calling (or receiving a call from) another VZW subscriber

4. Friends and Family Indicator:

Displays a "Friends and Family" calling graphic on the call screen when calling (or receiving a call from) someone in their friends and family list.

Note: Corporate customers can sign up for PCID but if they are subscribed to ECID for Business, they will not be allowed to upload a picture.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Interesting find. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I have some bad news related to the new Share Everything plan. If your HPC is on the $10 shared minutes plan, as of 6/28/12, that will no longer be an option. You'll be forced to go to the $20 unlimited plan. I have several of these things and am not happy about the price doubling. Of course you're grandfathered into your current plan as long as you don't make any changes. If you do any upgrades on any line, all lines are forced into the new Everything plan. So it looks like I won't be making any changes or adding any lines. When my contract runs out next year, it's bye-bye Verzion, hello Sprint and VOIP. It was fun while it lasted.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
    Here is the description for the $2 "Caller Name ID for Home Phone Connect" feature, straight from the VZW website. While I understand #1, but how does services #2, #3, and #4 work on the Home Phone Connect box? On exactly what "call screen" are these displayed?

Is the third Home Phone Connect box about to be released (and this description is a bit premature), and this new box has an LCD screen?????
    Well with that feature, caller ID with name works with ANY phone

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Junkie View Post
    Well with that feature, caller ID with name works with ANY phone
    I don't think you are correct.

On your "ANY phone", will it display a picture from the incoming call? Will it display a mobile-to-mobile indicator? Will it display a Friends&Family indicator? Are you sure?

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast