Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Home Phone Connect release and information thread

Feedback Score

Be carefull

The Verizon unit has a built in GPS for 911 purposes that is registered to your address. Just for the heck of it I put it in my car using an inverter and a regular handset. After i got about a mile away it just simply stopped working.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rabear View Post
    The Verizon unit has a built in GPS for 911 purposes that is registered to your address. Just for the heck of it I put it in my car using an inverter and a regular handset. After i got about a mile away it just simply stopped working.
    Is this the original PC device or the latest one? The original one was movable anywhere you wanted to take it.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=gunterm;14767314]If you want faxing buy a telular sx5t off eBay. Faxing works through VZW service only, not sure why it was iffy on PP.

Also the SX5T has 8k EVRC and 13k QCELP so you do sound pretty good on it.

YOU Said 'Faxing works through VZW service only, not sure why it was iffy on PP.' what is PP ?

and do you have experience with faxing with the SX5T? reliable?

Feedback Score

Lol

WOW! you must have taken the same Economics class CONGRESS took! HAHAHAH ... if you only have internet to use VOIP, either way its STILL AND EXPENSE! PERIOD!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=items17070;14784344]
    Quote Originally Posted by gunterm View Post
    If you want faxing buy a telular sx5t off eBay. Faxing works through VZW service only, not sure why it was iffy on PP.

Also the SX5T has 8k EVRC and 13k QCELP so you do sound pretty good on it.

YOU Said 'Faxing works through VZW service only, not sure why it was iffy on PP.' what is PP ?

and do you have experience with faxing with the SX5T? reliable?
    Sent A fax about 3 days ago, using fine resolution. You have to enter a code first to instruct the telular to use packet data mode but other than that it works. Switched my DVR over to phone line mode and had it pull the guide data over it with success.

PP is page plus, a Verizon mvno.
    Mourning the loss of my Nextel i325 but still using a bag phone.

Feedback Score
    it looks like same as tmobile did few years ago, tmobile @HOME (on UMA technology) phone service,after a year, tmo closed it out .
    now, it is Verizon's turn to piss out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    No one wants a home phone unless it can fax or be used for data, that's the whole reason people still keep them around in the first place. In order to replace home phone lines these boxes need to do that, clearly the infrastructure is there to do it so I'm not sure what VZWs hesitation is.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    No one wants a home phone unless it can fax or be used for data, that's the whole reason people still keep them around in the first place.
    I don't use my home phone for either faxing or data (24K modem ), and honestly, I don't personally know anyone who does.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=gunterm;14784466]
    Quote Originally Posted by items17070 View Post

Sent A fax about 3 days ago, using fine resolution. You have to enter a code first to instruct the telular to use packet data mode but other than that it works. Switched my DVR over to phone line mode and had it pull the guide data over it with success.

PP is page plus, a Verizon mvno.
    thanks for your quick response, but how do you enter a code? do you enter it via phone? where do you enter this code? and what is the code?
    thanks for your help....

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The manual is here if you didn't get a paper one with yours, there are different codes for data and fax:
    http://www.getwirelessllc.com/suppor...UserManual.pdf

#*1# for one-time fax. The newer Telular model that supports EVDO data has a feature where you can assign one of the two RJ11 ports for full-time faxing. Unfortunately the SX5T is not this way and both ports are whatever you have it set to. I haven't yet tried to see if it would be able to send alarm codes, I don't think so because they're not actual "data" per se. The Telular sends fake handshaking tones for faxing and data, so this would confuse any alarm system, since I believe they just dial in and push some DTMF code.

On another note, mine is the "carrier agnostic" CDMA version, so it was nice that Verizon allowed it to activate, maybe their "open device initiative" does mean something after all

Feedback Score
    ok, nevermind my previous question about entering codes, i did find the manual, on page 17 explains this, if i am correct, you have to enter #*1# and then the fax number.... this sure beats having a Landline, thats $39/month PLUS $19month for taxes, the taxes are pathetic! 1/2 the cost is in taxes bringing it to $60/month!

Feedback Score
    I am going to buy the SX5T, but its about $550 off amazon, but see there is one available on ebay staring bid at $99, can you tell me what is the newer model number is that Telular has support for EVDO data has a feature where you can assign one of the two RJ11 ports for full-time faxing

Feedback Score
    P.S. I will be using VERIZON for my carrier for the SX5T

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
    I don't use my home phone for either faxing or data (24K modem ), and honestly, I don't personally know anyone who does.
    Maybe you should ask everyone! LOL, just because they dont tell you they FAX, doesnt mean no one faxes, there are more people that fax then you realize, if you read the verizon home connect forum, you will see there are alot of people who
    would like to see the ability to fax over the home connect service!

Feedback Score
    The manual is here if you didn't get a paper one with yours, there are different codes for data and fax:
    http://www.getwirelessllc.com/suppor...UserManual.pdf

#*1# for one-time fax. The newer Telular model that supports EVDO data has a feature where you can assign one of the two RJ11 ports for full-time faxing. Unfortunately the SX5T is not this way and both ports are whatever you have it set to. I haven't yet tried to see if it would be able to send alarm codes, I don't think so because they're not actual "data" per se. The Telular sends fake handshaking tones for faxing and data, so this would confuse any alarm system, since I believe they just dial in and push some DTMF code.

On another note, mine is the "carrier agnostic" CDMA version, so it was nice that Verizon allowed it to activate, maybe their "open device initiative" does mean something after all

I am assuming your talking about the newer Telular SX7T-635C ? this is also for VERIZON

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast