View Poll Results: My next phone OS will probably be...

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Meego (As the city crumbles around me, I still have faith in creative disruption)

10 15.87%
  • Symbian (Uh, did I miss something on Friday?)

9 14.29%
  • iPhone (I give up, I'm going to the dark side)

10 15.87%
  • Android (I guess I'll have to settle for next-best)

29 46.03%
  • WP7 (I don't want a phone, I want an "ecosystem")

2 3.17%
  • WebOS (I like to be different)

2 3.17%
  • RIM BB or QNX (My work made me do it)

1 1.59%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So now that we know what Nokia plans, what will your next phone OS be?

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

So now that we know what Nokia plans, what will your next phone OS be?

I had that all figured out until Nokia dropped its long-awaited bomb last Friday. Now I'm not so sure.

Feedback Score
    ill stick with android. i think for spits and giggles ill snag an N8 one day just for nostaliga and a second extra phone maybe.

the actual number one reason why im have to stick with android is because of the google voice app, which i use a lot and need, where symbian just does not have support for that.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    First one to offer a superior convergence experience and still OS agnostic. Top shelf camera, Huge mass memory, physical qwerty. Would prefer 3.7-4" screen.
    ---
    "No matter where you go, there you are."

Quote Originally Posted by sjhong
    The 3.5 inch touch screen, the 32Gb internal memory and the qwerty keyboard are features I can no longer live without.

Device(s)
    Moto X 2nd Gen Bamboo
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Pretty sure I'll stick with Android but would be willing to give WP7 a shot on a Nokia or HTC handset.

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm sticking with android simply because of all the Google services tie in. Sure I feed the machine, but their services are just too useful and powerful to pass up.

WebOS I may try too if they release another form factor. WebOS is by far the best OS out of them all, though android has some nice things that should be merged in.

Windows phone UI is like candy, you crave for it once you put the device down. But It's missing so much that its not useful right now.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Device(s)
    Nokia E72 / Motorola Milestone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My vote is a little unfair since it is probably gonna be the Atrix. (No matter what Friday's news was going to be)

However the phone after that could very possibly be Meego...

Device(s)
    Samsung i8910 Omnia HD
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T;
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I'll hang on to the E72 another month or two longer to see if the Galaxy S2 is good (or hey, maybe the iPhone 5), but I have no intention on buying into the now dead-end Symbian 3.

I'll likely give a Nokia WP7 a look, but realistically, those are so far away, and WP7 is still not even close to being even feature competitive with the iPhone, that I just can't consider it now.

I'll likely be at the end of another two year contract before *a really great* Nokia-WP7 device shows up in the States anyway.

Device(s)
    Lumia 925
    Carrier(s)
    ATT and T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Assuming future WP7/Nokia devices aren't crippled, I'd buy another Nokia. If not, probably a SE running android.

Device(s)
    N82-Black
    Feedback Score
    I was planning to pick up an N8 after the updates came out. After Friday's developments, I decided I'm done with Nokia. After thinking about the other options, there's currently no phone that fulfills my criteria as the N8. I'll still pick one up. It will be my last Nokia. I'll just wait for the price to plummet a bit more before I pick one up.
    I love Eight
    Eight is great
    Eight is the number I do not hate
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GOqM18Bhhg

Device(s)
    Samsung i8910 Omnia HD
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by napierTT View Post
    I'll just wait for the price to plummet a bit more before I pick one up.
    Yeah, it may plummet. If I were you, I'd wait until it dips at least below $300, maybe the $200 range.

That isn't too far fetched, given that demand is about to dry up fairly soon.

Hey, you can always use it like a dumbphone with a nice phone cam.

Me? The fact that it'll have no new apps, the really good third party apps, come to the platform from here on in, is a giant deal breaker.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    if plan B succeeds, Meego...
    in da hood we say "don't drink & drive, park & sip"

Device(s)
    N82-Black
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_K View Post
    Yeah, it may plummet. If I were you, I'd wait until it dips at least below $300, maybe the $200 range.

That isn't too far fetched, given that demand is about to dry up fairly soon.

Hey, you can always use it like a dumbphone with a nice phone cam.

Me? The fact that it'll have no new apps, the really good third party apps, come to the platform from here on in, is a giant deal breaker.
    Yeah, there's probably not going to be a lot of new apps, but the apps I use consider necessary are all available: Maps, Skype, Sports Tracker to list a few. It'll be much more than a dumbphone. It'll be a steal when the price drops.

Carrier(s)
    At&T
    Feedback Score

nothing for awhile...

will probably keep the E71 for a couple of years. my only app use these days is Joiku spot, to get online with either my touch or Ipad. my wants on a phone are getting simpler. i want a phone that can pull a 3g signal in from inside a lead lined box, and can run a hotspot program. since the Iphone doesn't accomplish either of these requirements, it just isn't the phone for me. nokia still has great signal pickup and long battery life.

hopefully, buy the time the E71 fails, someone else will too....

Device(s)
    N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What are the unlocked Android choices out there?

Device(s)
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    WP7 is impossible for me, because of my personal reliance on OSX, and professional reliance on SEL.

I can't imagine what trouble there would be trying to interface WP7 with OSX. I don't want to even think about it.

I hate to think it, but I've probably already bought my last Nokia. I had my eyes on the N8, but it didn't seem to be hitting on all cylinders after it came out. I had my eyes on the E7, but it also seems to miss the mark in a number of key areas.

We'll see where Nokia really goes with this, I guess, but I suspect I have bought my last Nokia.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast