Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: 2 more years, Hesse states iDEN site shut down starting 2013

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8350i
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL.|Communications
    Feedback Score

2 more years, Hesse states iDEN site shut down starting 2013

We intend to repurpose some of our 800 megahertz spectrum for CDMA service which will enhance coverage and in particular, the in-building experience for our customers. We also expect to launch the next generation of push-to-talk services in 2011 on the CDMA network, offering customers subsecond call set of time along with robust data capabilities. It is expected that iDEN cell sites will be phased out beginning in 2013.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2520...all-transcript

Sad, but true...

But hey, they had net adds this q. notice how they will not give iDEN loss numbers anymore...
    “Right now, I’m glad we have the iDEN network,” Hesse said. “I wouldn’t have said that 18 months ago, but I am now ... from a financial perspective.”

NEXTEL. Done. I guess that's "Life at SprintSpeed"

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    But hey, they had net adds this q. notice how they will not give iDEN loss numbers anymore...
    Nah, the reports still break those numbers out:

CDMA

Postpaid: +453K
    Prepaid: +1.4M

Total add: 1.853M

iDEN

Postpaid: -395K
    Prepaid: -768K

Total loss: -1.163

PowerSource

Thrill me...

Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/5.1.22303/23.348; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Sprints brilliant plan offer unlimited every thing for 50 on iden so users convert to prepaid then stop stocking iden prepaid handsets on iden while bulking up on cdma prepaid handsets so when its time to update the iden choices are inferior then the conversions to cdma start rolling and the left over disgruntled iden postpaid convert to cdma only to verizon though.I currently have a open complaint with the fcc because sprint won't allow me to convert a cdma line to iden.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256GB Black/Verizon, iPhone 7 256GB Black/AT&T, iPhone 6s 128GB/T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score
    One word: MORON.

Another note: Sprint **********STILL********** doesn't understand the politics surrounding that Nextel 800 MHz spectrum, DO THEY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    I am looking to take over a former *Centennial Wireless* Account that was converted to *VERIZON*. Preferably one with a data card, but I won't discriminate if it's a voice plan with a dumbphone/smartphone/whatever. If it's a former Centennial Account and is now a VERIZON account, but still has the Centennial Plan on it, then I AM INTERESTED!

FINALLY reached my 6,000th post on Monday February 28th, 2011 at 2:23 A.M. EST.

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play Droid
    Carrier(s)
    The big V
    Feedback Score
    I'm just curious to see hop this "new" CDMA PTT compares to iDEN. I'm taking even odds that it's a dud like Q-chat.

Device(s)
    Iphone X Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    Even though they mention international PTT. Once they go CDMA PTT the ability to ROAM in NII countries goes away.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by country6925 View Post
    I'm just curious to see hop this "new" CDMA PTT compares to iDEN. I'm taking even odds that it's a dud like Q-chat.
    I am also interested in that. I hope they provide some techical details.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Spint is still run by idiots. This is because if they were to analyzing their subscriber losses and actually give one iota into growing them, they'd see that the majority of losses were in prepaid iDEN.

Boost iDEN, a network Sprint cares about so much half our calls go directly to voicemail and the timestamp on my voicemails is in eastern time despite that I live in the central timezone.

Will Boost go bankrupt before iDEN is shutdown should be the question.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Spint is still run by idiots. This is because if they were to analyzing their subscriber losses and actually give one iota into growing them, they'd see that the majority of losses were in prepaid iDEN.

Boost iDEN, a network Sprint cares about so much half our calls go directly to voicemail and the timestamp on my voicemails is in eastern time despite that I live in the central timezone.

Device(s)
    Ace,V950
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skippinjack View Post
    One word: MORON.

Another note: Sprint **********STILL********** doesn't understand the politics surrounding that Nextel 800 MHz spectrum, DO THEY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    iDEN is a dead technolgy, even NII will leave iDEN in the dust it belongs.

Stopy worrying about CDMA, iDEN.
    Why do peole that don't have Sprint, post in Sprint forums hmmmmm ie Troll Alert

If the economy is so bad way are you wasting $200-$2,000 with Verizon or ATT... shame shame

Device(s)
    Ace,V950
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostChicago View Post

Actaully they do , and alot of the subs were postpaid loses. Think about it running a network will change and evolve iDEN was a dead in path WiDEN was a joke.

Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/5.1.22303/23.348; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Joke really. The way sprint shut it down yeh that was a joke. Don't forget or maybe you aren't aware Nextel was the first wireless carrier to offer streaming video and won awards for best data . It was also voted by consumers to have the best wireless data experience. That's hardley a joke. And let's not forget Iden supporting circuit switched so you can actually fax with it. Iden is also the most secure network available.And last DC nothing will ever touch it in the wireless phone market the best has already been made and that is Iden
    Last edited by boss_hog; 02-12-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Device(s)
    Ace,V950
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boss_hog View Post

Joke really. The way sprint shut it down yeh that was a joke. Don't forget or maybe you aren't aware Nextel was the first wireless carrier to offer streaming video and won awards for best data . It was also voted by consumers to have the best wireless data experience. That's hardley a joke. And let's not forget Iden supporting circuit switched so you can actually fax with it. Iden is also the most secure network available.And last DC nothing will ever touch it in the wireless phone market the best has already been made and that is Iden
    Bro, your proud that in what 1990 Nextel had the fastest network.
    Your proud that iDEN supports a 56k fax connection

Really its 2011, not 1982

Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

2002-2004 . So you think that being able to set a fax over celluar is pointless. Yeh I know, your response will be that email has replaced fax and that electronic fax services have replaced traditional fax machines but the answer is that faxes are still widely used just go to your local staples and look at the extensive selection of machines there. Most legal documents are required to be faxed or mailed or both. With a mobile business it can be very handy to have that capability. I use it all the time. I can be any where on the road and send a fax ,that's priceless . No matter what era of time the security of the network is unsurpassed . Nextel led the charge to streaming content and after the merger Sprint turned it backwards. They could easily produced phones to support rev a along side iden when they turned widen off but no they f***** that up. During natural disasters and terrorist attacks only iden has proven to stay running without a problem. By the way iden wasn't even invented in 1990 and its newer than gsm and cdma and was packed with more features than either one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rilharri View Post
    Bro, your proud that in what 1990 Nextel had the fastest network.
    Your proud that iDEN supports a 56k fax connection

Really its 2011, not 1982
    Bro, do you care about paramedic's/fire/police being able to have inter-field communication during a state of emergency? Cause you won't have reliability on CDMA or security like on iDEN. Police don't need flashy poorly designed EVO's to respond to a 911 call.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast