Thread: 3 pole adapter needed

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Question 3 pole adapter needed

The Huwai Ascend from Cricket uses a a 2.5-millimeter headset jack instead of the 3.5mm standard. I want to use a credit card reader from Square but it has a three pole 3.5mm adapter instead of a standard 2 poles.
    Where can I get an adapter? I unsuccessfully tried Radio Shack. I'm afraid what I found on Amazon won't work because it seems it doesn't work for the LG phones. I did a search for "3.5mm female" to "2.5mm male" "3 pole" and didn't find a 3 pole adapter.I would really like to be able to swipe credit cards for my business, the Chicago Business Directory.

Feedback Score
    I went to a radio shack last week and found one for 9.99 but thats a rip off ebay is the way to go. I also found one in a kit a walmart but it doesnt fit properly

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Feedback Score
    We ran into the same issue with our techs, not being able to use a 3.5 mm reader from square with our cell phone case on. We were using Otterbox. We went everywhere and had about 20 samples on hand, but none worked. Then we found "CellPay 3.5 mm audio extension cable - otterbox compatible" and we solved our problem, feel free to search for it. Anyone that has this issue, I highly recommend them as others A) didn't work and B) were of very poor quality C) even works with other 3.5 mm mobile credit card readers.