Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile doubles the attack.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile | $10 UNLIMITED EVERYTHING + $20 SPEED BOOST
    Feedback Score

Exclamation T-Mobile doubles the attack.

T-Mobile aims at an even larger target now - both at&t and Verizon (iPhone).

SOURCE: http://www.tmonews.com/2011/02/t-mob...te-for-iphone/
    T-Mobile. Connecting you when you need it most... disconnecting you when you need to connect with God's beautiful creation! Service is great in cities and highways, but in rural areas they leave you with just your surroundings. I encourage you to get T-Mobile, disconnect for a while!

I am glad that God is not like cell phone coverage. He does not hide behind mountains or loose us down long windy roads. The Lord levels mountains, and He makes our paths straight!

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    dunno how that's going to fare when ATT and VZW release their 4g (HSPA+ and LTE) phones soon.

^ TMO LTE ^---------------|------St Louis-------|----------------^ ATT LTE ^

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    they need fix their network and coverage
    T-Mobile - the largest fake 4G network in Americas

HTC HD2 Speed on 3G/HSDPA

T-mobile 3G/H or Pharos 137

My broadband speed

My WM phone is the best GPS now, say good bye junk Andriod

Feedback Score
    slow and steady wins the race, ironic on how the used a rabbit to represent themselves.

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 5S 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket (R.I.P. AIO)
    Feedback Score
    Sprint doesn't get it and T-Mobile doesn't get it. People want the iPhone because they want the iPhone. It's just like that ever-so-popular vulgar YouTube video with the cartoon bears. T-Mobile can pound their chest all day long about how much better their Android phones are on their 4G network and it won't matter because there will still be tons of people who want an iPhone just to have the ad-free version of Angry Birds.

Look at it this way, Verizon is the largest national wireless carrier and they basically gave up trying to convince the public that Android is better. If they couldn't do it with a huge marketing budget and in-your-face ads, what makes T-Mobile think they stand a chance?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reuthermonkey View Post
    dunno how that's going to fare when ATT and VZW release their 4g (HSPA+ and LTE) phones soon.
    Two things will happen, for AT&T they will LAUGH, and for Verizon they will be in Awe, I have a feeling Verizon is going to rub it in AT&T's face's that they don't have as real of a "4G" network as they do with all their new "4G" phone's being 14.4 HSPA. They are coming out with 14.4 phone's when T-Mobile is coming out with a real 21 HSPA+ phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotanmp3 View Post
    Sprint doesn't get it and T-Mobile doesn't get it. People want the iPhone because they want the iPhone. It's just like that ever-so-popular vulgar YouTube video with the cartoon bears. T-Mobile can pound their chest all day long about how much better their Android phones are on their 4G network and it won't matter because there will still be tons of people who want an iPhone just to have the ad-free version of Angry Birds.

Look at it this way, Verizon is the largest national wireless carrier and they basically gave up trying to convince the public that Android is better. If they couldn't do it with a huge marketing budget and in-your-face ads, what makes T-Mobile think they stand a chance?
    Most of my friends laugh at the T-Mobile's commercial as if it's a joke. Nobody is going to take them as a serious company with these stupid ad's. T-Mobile being the 4th largest carrier, making fun of one of the hottest and supposed "Best" phone's since its release is comical at best. They really need to have some valid argument's that people care about..

Heck I got my Verizon iPhone today, jailbroke it literally 5 minutes later and now I have very high quality facetime over Verizon's aging 3G EVDO network and it works just fine.
    And with very powerful 4G phone's just on the horizon these cheesy commercials wont cut it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by locust43 View Post
    Most of my friends laugh at the T-Mobile's commercial as if it's a joke. Nobody is going to take them as a serious company with these stupid ad's. T-Mobile being the 4th largest carrier, making fun of one of the hottest and supposed "Best" phone's since its release is comical at best. They really need to have some valid argument's that people care about..

Heck I got my Verizon iPhone today, jailbroke it literally 5 minutes later and now I have very high quality facetime over Verizon's aging 3G EVDO network and it works just fine.
    And with very powerful 4G phone's just on the horizon these cheesy commercials wont cut it.
    They're not trying to appeal to HowardForums members. They're trying to appeal to the vast majority of "it just works" iPhone kids. That's blatantly clear.

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by locust43 View Post
    Most of my friends laugh at the T-Mobile's commercial as if it's a joke. Nobody is going to take them as a serious company with these stupid ad's.
    Your right, what a joke.

In so much as I did like T-Mobile where I had solid (major city) coverage their (not exactly) 4G network is still way too small. The G2 was by far, one of my all time favorite devices.

Voice coverage and signal issues were not stellar also. A lot of good that my touch 4G or G2 is going to be on thier vast EDGE/GPRS network. I know the plans to expand the network are in motion but what good does that do for people today?

It's too bad because they are a nice little company but the marketing guru's don't get it. AT&T just introduced any mobile calling which is something they could have offered to give all customers an instant benefit.

They need to be careful not to sound like a negative political ad. Most people pay no attention and just turn them off. They are not the 4th place carrier for any other reason than they earned it but there are better ways to get people to consider them other than attacking the competition.
    Last edited by billm261; 02-10-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Your right, what a joke.

They need to be careful not to sound like a negative political ad. Most people pay no attention and just turn them off. They are not the 4th place carrier for any other reason than they earned it but there are better ways to get people to consider them other than attacking the competition.
    This type of negative politics works for some Cable News channels.....

I don't see T-Mobile as a small little guy. Their sub base is smaller and their 4G network is not huge (geographically speaking) but they do provide voice/data services to the majority of the country even if it is E/GPRS.

I'm actually glad T-Mobile grew a pair and is turning back to its challenger status roots. Too much status quo in our industry and the fact that T-Mobile can and does work well for many users is testament to that.

I'm not a DT stockholder so I could care less about how many US subs they add each quarter. But I do think that Humm knows the challenges he faces and finally is prepared to make changes. To me that's better than giving up and throwing in the towel.

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danny.boi View Post

I don't see T-Mobile as a small little guy. Their sub base is smaller and their 4G network is not huge (geographically speaking) but they do provide voice/data services to the majority of the country even if it is E/GPRS.

I'm actually glad T-Mobile grew a pair and is turning back to its challenger status roots. Too much status quo in our industry and the fact that T-Mobile can and does work well for many users is testament to that.
    At the end of the day all that matters is that the service they provide work as expected for the end user.
    All DT cares about (of course) is that they turn a profit. If both of those things happen, it's all good.

Humm reminds me of Rex Ryan but trash talking did not win him anything. Not yet anyway.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HTC Nexus One: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_7; en-us) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17)

Notwithstanding how the commercials did, T-Mobile got a huge success. The lady is hot enough to attract all ages. MyTouch 4 got a huge sales. I found a lot of college students are having it, and the store reps told me MyTouch 4 outsold ALL OTHER MODELS.
    This reminds me the days of Sidekick few years ago and most of the kids were playing it.

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 5S 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket (R.I.P. AIO)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reuthermonkey View Post
    They're not trying to appeal to HowardForums members. They're trying to appeal to the vast majority of "it just works" iPhone kids. That's blatantly clear.
    But that's not what they're doing. They're touting how their 4G network is faster, without even saying what the benefits are. And come on, honestly, think about it - is someone really going to pass up on an iPhone 4 because they want their photos to upload to Facebook a little faster?

About the only good idea T-Mobile has had lately is giving away free smartphones to get 2 year contracts signed. Of course, that could be spun around to say that the iPhone is so popular, the competition has to give their phones away.

Feedback Score
    the isheep suckers that think ianything is so fantastic can keep it, at least 40% of the ATT users will jump ship to verizon because ATT just plain stinks. verizon will gain millions of people just because of this retarded overhyped phone and their network too will degrade from the onslaught of stupid isheep that love buying overpriced outdated equipment and then be mad 6 months later when the better more up to date igarbage has arrived and they will be stuck paying full retail for it.

the average iphone user will deal with stuff like slow network, dropped calls, and so on just because its an iphone. it can take 12 hours to upload a 1mb photo to skankbook if the user is using an ivomit phone and they wont care.....because its an iphone!

good luck isheep...suckers. i rather use a dumbphone from 10 years ago before i use an iphone. its not even all that fast, i tried one once, it was all flair and overhype.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotanmp3 View Post
    But that's not what they're doing. They're touting how their 4G network is faster, without even saying what the benefits are. And come on, honestly, think about it - is someone really going to pass up on an iPhone 4 because they want their photos to upload to Facebook a little faster?
    Your typical iPhone user thinks that the iPhone4 = iPhone4g. T-Mobile doesn't need to elaborate on why HSPA+ 4g is great. They just need people to know that they have "4g". The uninformed only know that 4g is great and fast. And they want the greatest. So they'll want 4g.
    About the only good idea T-Mobile has had lately is giving away free smartphones to get 2 year contracts signed. Of course, that could be spun around to say that the iPhone is so popular, the competition has to give their phones away.
    You could spin it that way, sure. You could also spin the iPhone's newfound multitasking ability as a reaction to Android's growing popularity. It's pointless, but sure - you could say lots of things.

Frankly, I would argue that T-Mobile's 4g campaign has been a fantastic idea. Until this marketing campaign, 4g discussion was stuck on the technology behind it. WiMax or LTE (neither of which was "true 4g" either anyways). T-Mobile changed the discussion to be about actual capability. Does their data network compete with WiMax and LTE? Clearly, it does.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast