Thread: Internet Connecticity

Feedback Score

Internet Connecticity

Greetings I am here in the Maritimes in Canada, I have a New Samsung GT-B2710 released last fall. I picked one up in Europe. Called Rogers no Model # or EMEI in their database. I am able to make calls. I tried to set up the internet access using the following data with no luck.

under connections,

Name Rogers
    Access Name: internet.com
    Auth type: Normal
    User ID: wapuser1
    Password: wap
    Protocol: WAP
    HomeURL: http://mymobilehomepage.rogers.com
    Gateway address:208.200.67.150 (I tried 171.025.000.107)
    Secure Connection OFF

Static IP Off
    Static DNS OFF

Any Ideas Thanks

Rod

Feedback Score
    Well I am a little bit further
    With:
    Access Name: goam.com
    User ID: wapuser1
    Password: wap
    Protocol HTTP
    homeURL: mymobilehomepage.rogers.com
    Proxy Address: 172. 25. 0. 107
    Port:8080

I can access My rogers home page. Any time I try to access the outside world It states I need a data package and I will receive a text stating that. Email attempts on both yahoo and Gmail accounts result in DNS Timeouts. My plan has a data package.

The way I look at it it seems my account is tied to my old phone and its disallowing this phone access. I did call customer service to see if my phone was in their database. Both model and IEMI are not (The phone was released outside North America last fall) Now there the rub. I would rather be tied to a chair and poked with a sharp stick than make a call to customer service no matter how polite they are..

Well I am taking a break. I still have a couple tricks I will try latter on.. I deleted my data package from my plan for now.. (more beer money:-) Who needs a mobile internet.. Not me:-)

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate, HTC Magic+
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Did you have Unlimited Mobile Browsing or a Real Data plan? With non Rogers phones, you need a Data plan even if it is a dumbphone or smartphone. UMB is only for eligible Rogers phones...

(I'm super tired so if I've missread the OP I apologize)

Sent from my Flipout via the HoFo Android app!

Feedback Score

how to use samsung gt b2710 as modem?

I just got the samsung gt b2710. Trying to set it up as a modem for my Mac, but can't find even where to start. Anybody know the procedure?

Cheers!