Thread: Resolved: platinumyahoo and giorgiomidani

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G, 8900 Javelin, G600, Pebl, v80 w/850,
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Post Resolved: platinumyahoo and giorgiomidani

Hi, I know it's very early in the process, but something feels funny with this deal. I saw this post for an iphone 4, I pmed the member and got a reply, then received a phone call after texting him. I was not contacted with a tracking number today as agreed upon, my texts were not answered. I started googling, and found that he has 2 accounts here, shown by the email contacts in these 2 posts.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ivate-unlocked!
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...dition-550-obo

I also found a heatware where one of his ebay IDs leaves feedback for one of his HoFo IDs - http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=64497 The negroplz id was cited by him in the PM I receved -
    Hello, I completely understand that you want to protect yourself. The only feedback I have is ebay feedback. My current account "negroplz6" has 9 feedback, my old accounts "midani100" had 46, "midani14" over 100 and "ohnoiknow" had like 25. most of them were 100% but i think my midani14 was like 98% because of a few negative feedbacks. I hope thats enough for you, I can only accept paypal because that is the only one i use from the above, otherwise i can accept bank transfer or western union or check/money order or of course cash (at your own risk)... im trying to give you options because i really need to sell this quick im trying to buy a car soon and am selling a lot of things i have. Thanks and if you want to talk give me a call (248) 667-8359 or text me. hope to hear from you soon.
    I also didn't find the negroplz ID in a member search here, so it's probably phony.
    While speaking on the phone with him he told me he was looking to buy an RX-8, and i found him - http://www.rx8club.com/forum/search....archid=6892027 again referencing living in Michigan and same username. The 2 (810) numbers are Google numbers, he texted me from 248-667-8359, which shows to be South Lyon Michigan. His name according to Paypal is Mohammad Almidani, his paypal is [email protected].
    I think I will give it until tomorrow to file a Paypal dispute, I messed up and let the payment go through as a debit card, so I will also pay for a stop payment at my Credit Union. Any other tips, or can I pretty much kiss my money goodbye? This guy has so many emails and accounts I doubt that Paypal will get any money out of him, if I indeed have been scammed.

The same email on the 2 accounts is indeed suspicious, I need to ban him and have him reply to me before I can leave his account open to avoid more scam. I'm not sure when you paid him, but it sounds extremely suspicious and I would file a dispute and have PayPal freeze his account right away before it's too late.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Paid Saturday night. Off to Paypal now, Thanks. I will update as I get more info.
    Thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The situation as of now is: the paypal dispute is unanswered. I texted and called both numbers I have for this individual, got two responses as displayed. The hospital seems a little too convenient, but I am giving the benefit of the doubt. I also saw that the last activity on his platinumyahoo HoFo ID was last night at 11:42 PM, interestingly enough that was accessed but an email or text to me wasn't.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    No edit button - also, the last activity on his clubrx8 account is last night at 1:38 AM, 3 minutes after the "who is this" text hit my phone.

You got scammed, hospital story is just a BS. Let's hope Paypal can get your money back, that will be your last hope. I won't count too much on the seller to actually refund $ or send the phone to you.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yep, I agree. Scumbag POS got me so far. If possible, I would like to make this public, so it can come up if anyone else searches the usernames, going by feedback on heatware this is his new thing, I'm the second to get it. If I need to edit or remove anything to conform to HoFo rules just let me know.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Good news, Visa gave me my money back and I gave them all the info I have on him, whatever that's worth.

Good news for you. I hope you take this as a learning experience. Don't trust people on the Internet so easy, any doubts, confirm with a moderator first.

Feedback Score
    Good news for you! Your best bet is to buy directly from ebay. I dont understand why they even allow these transactions on here?

Device(s)
    LG GOSSIP
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Good for you. I got scammed last two weeks ago and i never got my money back. VERY UPSET!
    Scammer: TheNobleOne
    Name: Jason Cavanaugh
    email: [email protected]

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Bwahahahaha look at this scammer loser trying to get revenge, http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=73972

Also, I've been trading here on HoFo for ~ 5 years now, made some good deals and even IRL friends, just gotta trust instincts and feedback on HoFo only, no ebay, nothing but HoFo. I learned now to research a little better before sending any money to anyone, if it costs me a deal or two so be it.

Feedback Score
    That is a good response you wrote in the Heatware feedback that he left for you. Well done. We also appreciate the updates.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Believe it or not this character has actually contacted me via text from yet another number claiming that his friend borrowed his HoFo account and asking me to remove this thread. I guess his friend also borrowed his Heatware and alternate HoFo account too. Thanks for your help HF 30, and I will update this as often as applicable, I'm not the type to just let stuff like this go.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    oh yeah, BTW -

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast