Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 179

Thread: Project #RogersSMS - CCTS Complaint re Rogers re SMS Fee Hike

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,687
    Feedback Score
    0
    Speaking from prior experience with this sort of thing, all I'm trying to say is that this sort of thing rarely helps in any way. It just slows things down because the people affected aren't able to do their own jobs effectively. (My point isn't that it's hard for the OoTP to do their work, it's that if they can't work as fast, people end up waiting longer, and the sms issue won't be the only one being escalated to the OoTP.) BV's process to approach this makes much more sense than World seemingly advocating that customers just pick up the phone and call OoTP direct.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,851
    Feedback Score
    0
    This thread is hilarious.

    Causing such a big stink and getting so offended over a $0.05 increase for PPU or overage charges for SMS.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,839
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Liar View Post
    This thread is hilarious.

    Causing such a big stink and getting so offended over a $0.05 increase for PPU or overage charges for SMS.
    A nickel here, a dime there, before you know it, people notice. Some might just find a 25% increase hard to justify.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Thornhill, ON
    Posts
    25,529
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Liar View Post
    This thread is hilarious.

    Causing such a big stink and getting so offended over a $0.05 increase for PPU or overage charges for SMS.
    It is the principle. I normally have no issues with Rogers / Fido raising their rates...but then traditionally, Rogers and Fido have allowed customers to grandfather current options rates. ECF for example. ECF is based off the price plan it self...why not allow the same for the PPU SMS rates...attach those to the price plan. Then, there would be no issue here. Local Calling Areas. I can't believe Rogers thought they could get away with changing the local calling areas mid contract. Imagine all those people that signed up BASED on coverage...once again, the coverage areas should have been grandfathered for people on price plans up to a certain date...simple. I work in Oakville, ON. For had it not been for my unlimited plan, every call that occurred during the daytime for me would have incurred a fee as a result of that change...and according to Rogers, I would have had no way out (assuming I am a regular customer who doesn't know any better).

    It is time Rogers stop ******** on their customers.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,851
    Feedback Score
    0
    Unless you're only sending a few text messages a month, just about everyone has a texting plan on their account; those prices aren't changing. If you don't have a plan, and you're paying $0.80 instead of $0.60 and are worried about this, maybe having a cellphone shouldn't be your #1 priority.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,994
    Device(s)
    7290
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Liar View Post
    Causing such a big stink and getting so offended over a $0.05 increase for PPU or overage charges for SMS.
    Would you care more if Rog cut your # of SMS in half?

    The same imperious attitude that makes Rog think that this is acceptable would make them think that that is acceptable.

    It ain't, to some people. Sorry to hear you're not one of them.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    460
    Feedback Score
    0
    Posting names and / or numbers to internal employee's who may or may not want to be named isn't a very good idea.
    The Rogers media team is here to assist clients the best they can using the channels they provide. Take advantage of those channels and use them for their assistance.

    Posting such numbers to "skip the queue" or get faster service is detremental to the relationship. They are here to assist and offer help the way they can.

    this thread will stay open baring any further outbreaks as it is helpful to the community which i believe is BellVictim's intention

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,851
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BellVictim View Post
    Would you care more if Rog cut your # of SMS in half?

    The same imperious attitude that makes Rog think that this is acceptable would make them think that that is acceptable.

    It ain't, to some people. Sorry to hear you're not one of them.
    What's half of unlimited? I have a $35 basic plan on Fido that includes unlimited domestic and international texting.

    And changing someone's plan is nothing at all like changing the cost of a overage or PPU charge.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Thornhill, ON
    Posts
    25,529
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    ^Is changing the local calling area right or wrong? This change is essentially the same. Changing an overage cost with no recompense to the customer.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Thornhill, ON
    Posts
    25,529
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator HF 20 View Post
    Posting names and / or numbers to internal employee's who may or may not want to be named isn't a very good idea.
    The Rogers media team is here to assist clients the best they can using the channels they provide. Take advantage of those channels and use them for their assistance.

    Posting such numbers to "skip the queue" or get faster service is detremental to the relationship. They are here to assist and offer help the way they can.

    this thread will stay open baring any further outbreaks as it is helpful to the community which i believe is BellVictim's intention
    HF 20,

    Welcome to the Rogers section of HowardForums.com.

    I didn't realize that posting #s to "special departments" was against forum policy. Next time, I'd ask that you send a PM to those who may be creating conflict in the forums and allow those members an opportunity to remove their own threads. I'd like to think that the majority of the members in the Rogers section are mature adults capable of posting with integrity. I know that the moderators who actually belong in the Rogers section will usually give us that leeway. Hang out in the section a little more and you'll see for yourself.

    Like the Social Media team, myself and many other members are here to help the HowardForums Rogers community as best as we can. We offer an unbiased opinion to the members here to allow for their best possible experience on their service provider. I would like to hope that HowardForums hasn't all of a sudden been swayed or compelled by employees at Rogers to moderate what is being said about their organization.

    I am hoping that you will follow through on your post and delete all references to the retention department's phone numbers for both Rogers and Fido that can be found in 100s of places throughout the website. I wouldn't want any customers to be "skipping the queue" as that can be detrimental to the relationship that Social Media has with us as well as be detrimental to the level of customer service that regular people with actual concerns may have with Rogers.

    Regards,
    WorldIRC.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    460
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    HF 20,

    Welcome to the Rogers section of HowardForums.com.

    I didn't realize that posting #s to "special departments" was against forum policy. Next time, I'd ask that you send a PM to those who may be creating conflict in the forums and allow those members an opportunity to remove their own threads. I'd like to think that the majority of the members in the Rogers section are mature adults capable of posting with integrity. I know that the moderators who actually belong in the Rogers section will usually give us that leeway. Hang out in the section a little more and you'll see for yourself.

    Like the Social Media team, myself and many other members are here to help the HowardForums Rogers community as best as we can. We offer an unbiased opinion to the members here to allow for their best possible experience on their service provider. I would like to hope that HowardForums hasn't all of a sudden been swayed or compelled by employees at Rogers to moderate what is being said about their organization.

    I am hoping that you will follow through on your post and delete all references to the retention department's phone numbers for both Rogers and Fido that can be found in 100s of places throughout the website. I wouldn't want any customers to be "skipping the queue" as that can be detrimental to the relationship that Social Media has with us as well as be detrimental to the level of customer service that regular people with actual concerns may have with Rogers.

    Regards,
    WorldIRC.
    you are very well aware that giving out specific desk line #'s vs an actual department 866 / 877 line is crossing a line
    you are a mature adult that still chose to post said number's.

    You could have very well pm'd myself instead chose to post publically.
    follow your own advice.

    the leeway giving or not given is up to the moderator's descretion
    posting those numbers vs the generic 877 / 866 crossed a line, I'm sure if it's an issue the moderators of this very forum can contact myself.

    seeing as you're "here to help" Pm me your # and i'll be sure to post it here so that everyone requiring help will call you and not go through proper channels. Or do you prefer people PM you, so you can actively assist those that need assistance vs having your line flood with calls?

    use common sense and stop splitting hairs when you see fit

  12. #57
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    262
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator HF 20 View Post
    you are very well aware that giving out specific desk line #'s vs an actual department 866 / 877 line is crossing a line
    you are a mature adult that still chose to post said number's.

    You could have very well pm'd myself instead chose to post publically.
    follow your own advice.

    the leeway giving or not given is up to the moderator's descretion
    posting those numbers vs the generic 877 / 866 crossed a line, I'm sure if it's an issue the moderators of this very forum can contact myself.

    seeing as you're "here to help" Pm me your # and i'll be sure to post it here so that everyone requiring help will call you and not go through proper channels. Or do you prefer people PM you, so you can actively assist those that need assistance vs having your line flood with calls?

    use common sense and stop splitting hairs when you see fit
    Hi,

    Although I'm not being directly addressed here, I'd just like to step in and say that those numbers go to those people WORK LINES (where the work they do is directly related to the issue at hand).

    Posting his personal number is a totally different issue from the OoPo's individual work lines. Not only is it totally different (which i'm sure you understood when you posted), but the fact that a Moderator is making such a sarcastic and childish remark is quite distressing.

    Also i'm quite sure you yourself could have PM'd him that response instead of posting it here, upsetting other members such as myself.

    Thanks,

    Arjun Rudra
    Phones Owned & ratings:
    N95 (8/10)
    HTC Touch pro2 (8.5/10)
    HTC Dream (6/10)
    HTC Magic (7/10)
    SEX10 (4/10)
    HTC Desire HD (9.5/10)

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    GSITA safe
    Posts
    42,722
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

    I think the point being made was that there are ways to contact these individuals as well as ways to contact worldirc RogersMary and myself etc etc.

    Worldirc wouldn't want a random call coming in to his line just like 'joe' at his desk at Rogers would.


    Regardless I'll take this to pm and talk to 20 myself.
    No more on thy subject and let the thread continue on track.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,427
    Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    Some might just find a 25% increase hard to justify.
    Dude, my math skills say this is a 33.3% increase, not 25%.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Liar View Post
    Causing such a big stink and getting so offended over a $0.05 increase for PPU or overage charges for SMS.
    So, what you're saying is, you won't mind if your cell bill goes up by 33.3% arbitrarily while on contract? I'd love to see the look on your face...
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    2,487
    Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Even though this may not affect those with Text plans, it doesn't mean that we shudn't assist those who may or may need help.

    I believe everyone in here has something to contribute to the forum, and just because it doesn't involve an individual per say doesn't prevent him to help those who may need assistance.

    This is a major issue for those who don't have plans. I believe this may be a tactic that Rogers may be using to get those who don't have plans to get one.

    Yeah we can ignore this issue all we want, but that only feeds the pockets of Rogers and encourages them to keep increasing prices. Before we know it, they'll start increasing prices of features/plans, and maybe something that affects u, or those who don't have issues regarding this. So in order for us to stop this, we need to send Rogers messege that this wont be tolerated.

    Like CGYguy........said, this is a 33.3% increase. Imagine if they increase our plans by that, then what. Some of u may think this doesn't affect u guys, but by all of us accepting this to happen, we are basically sending the wrong messege, and then when u thought u're sitting in ur crib, all joyful, and proud of being a Rogers customer, u get dinged with higher prices. This concerns all of us, whether we have text plans or not.

    Rogers keeps increasing their rates, but at the same time charge us extra for building their network and so forth. It keeps me wondering where the heck does all that revenue go. I cud never figure out why the heck do we even pay the digital services fee, but yet our cable bills keep on increasing.... This can't be tolerated if we seriously want our future to be bright, otherwise we'll keep on paying higher prices, and feed the greedy shareholders.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 11:47 PM
  2. Complaint at the CCTS - CPRST
    By DrAkO82 in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 12:27 PM
  3. Rogers: Complaint Escalation Flowchart
    By BellVictim in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 05:36 PM
  4. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-20-2010, 12:43 AM
  5. Complaint to Markville Rogers Plus *wall of txt*
    By jon_jai in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 02:38 PM

Bookmarks