Thread: TheNobleOne

Device(s)
    LG GOSSIP
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

TheNobleOne

I was going to buy a bold 9700 from "TheNobleOne" for $245 and he has great feedback. After email-transfered $145, he said he would mail it to me and I will have to pay the 2nd part of the payment which would be $100. Since we had a long and detailed conversation and plus pictures from him. I trusted him. However, it's been 2-3 days and I haven't heard anything from him. I have no idea what I can do right now. Please give me some advice

Device(s)
    LG GOSSIP
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I've put all the messages received from this person together. Hope this would help! He first started with a lot of patience and keep sharing common ground and stuff. It made me feel confident about this deal plus he really has good feedback from 4 different users I am not sure if they are real though.

Blackberry Bold 9700 (Rogers)

01-02-2011 09:17 PM
    Hello there,
    I have a brand new 9700 I am lookin to sell. I was hoping to get around $300 for it so let me know what you think. I know you said $250 but mine is brand new and I will include the unlock code for free. Maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle? If you have better feedback then me I can ship first.
    I am located in Calgary but I am experienced with shipping, check my feedback.
    Thanks,

01-02-2011 10:34 PM
    I know how it is being in the student life.. having no money sucks lol, but don't worry it'll pay off soon enough
    If you really want it I can send it regular parcel (3-5 business days) for $255? I would prefer payment by EMT. Pretty much its available at every online bank and you just send it to my e-mail from there, its not very complicated at all. We can figure it out of if you are interested in the deal.
    Thanks,

01-02-2011 11:13 PM
    Who do you do your online or regular banking with? First we need to make sure your bank supports it but pretty much everyone does. I have accounts with RBC, TD and PCF and they all have it. Let me know and I can explain to you the steps. Pretty much you just login and under payments and transfers you will see it. You just need my name, email, create a secret question and answer. Then I get an email and answer the secret answer you share with me and that's it, the money is transferred into my bank account.
    Let me know
    thanks,

01-02-2011 11:18 PM
    I just found the link on the website for the list..
    http://www.interac.ca/consumers/prod...nsfer_list.php
    BMO Bank of Montreal
    Caisse Populare de Clare
    CIBC
    City Savings Financial Services
    Community Savings Credit Union
    Conexus Credit Union Credit Union
    Creston & District Credit Union
    Interior Savings Credit Union
    Island Savings Credit Union
    Kingston Community Credit Union
    Libro Financial Group
    Mennonite Savings and Credit Union
    Northern Credit Union
    Northern Lights Credit Union
    OPPA Credit Union
    PenFinancial Credit Union
    President's Choice Financial
    Prospera Credit Union
    RBC Royal Bank of Canada
    Rochdale Credit Union
    Scotiabank
    TCU Financial Group
    TD Canada Trust
    Teachers Credit Union
    Unigasco Community Credit Union
    United Communities Credit Union
    Unity Savings and Credit Union
    VantageOne Credit Union
    Westminster Savings Credit Union
    Windsor Family Credit Union
    Hmmm I think this has been a problem before also.. HSBC doesn't appear to be supported. If you know a friend or family member you can give them the cash and they can send it from their online.
    Anyways just msg me if you need anything and if you find someone who can help,
    Thanks

01-02-2011 11:27 PM
    Brand new in the box with everything.. The box is still sealed. Off the top of my head it comes with... Phone, battery, battery plate, 2GB card preinstalled, charger, headset, usb wire, manuals, Blackberry software CD, leather case and that should be everything.
    The phone is locked to Rogers but I have the unlock code for it. It is very simple to enter the code and then the phone will be unlocked for any carrier. If you are not comfortable with that sort of thing I can enter the code for you before shipping if you are a noob with phones lol. I won't have to open the sealed battery or anything as I can just use my phone as I also have a 9700 as well for work.
    The pin has never been assigned to anyone and will be good to go.
    Any other questions dont be afraid to ask,

01-02-2011 11:33 PM
    The phone was received as a contract upgrade as we extended all of our families contracts, but my mom is very satisfied with her dumbphone so this smartphone has been sitting for about a month lol. I will also include the proof of purchase sheet it was shipped with if you ever need warranty for it. Could use some money to payoff some christmas gift visa debts as well lol,
    Let me know if any others,
    Thanks,

01-03-2011 12:08 AM
    For shipping non local deals I have really just used EMT or I think it is called E-transfer now. There is paypal as well but I don't have an account with them. I did several years ago but it wouldn't be practical for me to go and set it up for only one deal.
    Maybe try asking around I'm sure a friend or perhaps your parents have online access to TD, RBC, Bmo, Cibc etc. It would be the easiest way to go about it I think..
    Here is my info if you do find anyone who is able to help:

1) Jason Cavanaugh
    2) [email protected]
    Question: 3) What Phone am I buying from you?
    Answer: 4) "bold9700" without the quotes
    You should be able to find someone if not you can go to Superstore or President's Choice financial and they have a FREE account (Really it is 100% free lol) which supports it. I wouldn't want you to go through all the trouble but it only took me 15 minutes to set it up and it's handy to have a free account especially for EMT's. Please note sending the EMT requires 1.50 fee.
    Let me know if you can figure something out over the next day or so,
    Good luck lol, Thanks,

01-03-2011 12:56 AM
    Yes I will send you a pic for sure. Do you mind if I take it and send it tomorrow morning? I'm a bit tired right now and don't want to get the camera out lol. What is your e-mail? I will send you tagged pics tomorrow morning and by noon at the latest.
    Yes once I enter the password correctly I will go off right away to the post office to send it off. It is also to ensure that the payment works sucessfully before sending it off. Of course I will leave you positive feedback as well and would appreciate you leaving it for me as well.
    Let me know if you need anything, did you find anyone that could help you?
    Thanks again,

01-03-2011 01:00 AM
    Lol no problem I guess it is even later where you are. So you can work on finding someone and I will work on getting the pics tomorrow lol.
    I will e-mail them to you and I'll pm you lettting you know when its sent.
    Thanks and we'll chat tomorrow I guess,

01-03-2011 03:29 AM
    Hello I just read your PM and I'm not feeling so lazy right now so I took a quick snap of the box. The box is sealed but let me know and I can open it and take pics off the innards if you need. You will have e-mail in one minute.
    As for $225, I surely bet that cannot be a brand new in the box unit. It could be used which means it could have been dropped or other things that make it different then new. . I can offer $250 shipped but I can't really do any different then that as it wouldn't make sense for me.
    If the $225 deal is good for you then don't worry about me, go for it.
    You can let me know what you decide on tomorrow. I could even do $245 but that's the limit lol.
    You'll have email in a minute,
    Thanks,

01-03-2011 03:33 AM
    box pic sent to your e-mail. I'm probably gonna head to bed any minute so I'll probably hear from you in the morning,
    Thanks,

01-03-2011 03:39 AM
    I just emailed you the box pic you should have it by now. If you want others I will take care of it tomorrow.
    I think by OEM he means that it is not branded by any carrier, which is interesting because I have never seen one of these units! I'm not sayin you should be fishy but perhaps its possible that the housing has been changed as when you buy a new one it doesn't keep the branding on the plate.
    I have seen a lot of these phones and I have never heard of an OEM 9700...
    It's possible but out of the 100s I have seen and seen posted I have never come across one. 6 months is a lot of time and people have a tendency to understate their usage but it is up to you.
    I won't be bad with whatever you choose , but if it were up to me if I could get a new one for an extra $20 I would do it.
    Thanks,

01-03-2011 03:42 AM
    lol it is brand new and sealed. The way the lighting makes it look like the color is peeling off on the edge but part of it is the flash. It's just the box, the corners get a little peeled during shipping. It looks white down the whole bottom but its not its just the flash refelection.
    Tomorrow I will open it up and take pics of the sealed phone in the bag. I'll take it with a proper cam I just took these with a cell phone.
    The phone and everything are brand new and untouched on the inside :P
    Thanks,

01-03-2011 03:45 AM
    Keep in mind if you want me to open the box up it won't be sealed anymore.. I'll have to lift the seal for that. But anyways the box isn't in bad shape it's just the picture, and besides the box isn't the important part its everything that is brand new and inside safe and protected what matters lol.
    Thanks,

01-03-2011 03:51 AM
    lol OEM means a variety of things. For computer or hardware stuff sometimes it means you get it without the nice packaging and such and comes in a plain white box with no extra manuals and stuff. For cell phones it means no carrier at all and it is unlocked by stock. It means it was bought direct from Blackberry which I don't know if you can do!
    I have never heard of OEM 9700's though so I would be leary.. He might think it is OEM but it is probably branded to some carrier.
    Anyways updated pics on the way tomorrow with a proper camera!
    Goodnight,

01-03-2011 07:40 PM
    Hey Timothy,
    I emailed you a picture of the sealed bottom part of the box with my ID on it. I still didn't get to use my point and shoot though lol, but this pic is much clearer and as you can see the box is in good shape unlike how it may have appeared in the first picture. I went to turn on my sony cybershot but the battery was dead. I popped it on charge in the morning so its good to go now if you wanted any more pictures.
    Did you get anywhere with finding someone to help with the payment?
    Thanks,

01-03-2011 10:17 PM
    That is good to hear, I knew you would figure something out I hope you have my email and my details for the emt if you don't let me know and I will send them over again, I believe they are in a previous PM.
    I am firm on that price its brand new and I can't go any lower. If you check my for sale thread I made I have it at $275 + shipping and some people are asking questions about it, so you are getting the best price for sure.
    Let me know if you have any questions or anything. Can you please send me over your full name and your shipping address please? Also maybe a home phone number or something or cell phone because sometimes they ask that when shipping.
    Talk soon,

01-04-2011 12:37 AM
    Yeah it's not really a rush but sooner would be better as there are other people who are starting to ask about it and I don't want to have to say no to a higher price lol.

As for my EMT details to send your cousin here they are one more time:
    1) My email [email protected]
    2) my name Jason Cavanaugh
    3) secret question - what phone am I purchasing from you
    4) secret answer - "bold9700" without the quotes.

Just copy and paste that to him and that is all the information he needs for it. Tell him/her to look under payments and transfers for interac email money transfer and you have to add me as a recipient first most likely and send it off, it is pretty straight forward.

Let me know if we are 100% on the deal because in that case I will stop bumping the thread as if you want it then it is good as sold.

If you have any further questions or anything like that let me know. And this is what you gave me as your address:

Timothy Sham (905-201-7701)
    112 Edward Jeffreys Ave
    Markham, Ontario
    Canada

And guess what... you forgot your postal code send that over as well so I have your complete address lol..

Thanks and talk soon,

01-04-2011 09:22 PM
    Ok sounds cool, just update me when you can. Do you think it will be sent Wednesday or Thursday? Just wondering so I can plan when I will drop it off to ship it off.

Thanks,

01-05-2011 10:32 PM
    No problem man, I feel you. I already feel swamped and I just started, so many things to do.
    Let me know on thurs or friday when you do or if you have any issues,
    Thanks,

01-05-2011 11:47 PM
    lol that doesn't seem like a very nice cousin.. I would have no problem taking your paypal but it isn't an option for me as I don't have a paypal account. I did have one several years ago with my ebay but someone bought something expensive from me and claimed they didn't receieve it when I shipped it to them and paypal reversed the funds and I was out of the money and the phone. I haven't used them since and my account is in the negative as it is an unfair debt and I will obviously not pay it as it's not my fault
    I'm sure you can find another person as anyone with a bank account can help you out.
    Let me know how it goes,
    Thanks,

01-06-2011 12:04 AM
    Welll I guess it could be unsafe if your dealing with the wrong person but I am an honest pereson. I have several good deals so I would have no reason to want to rip you off. Did you explain that I have good shipping feedback and happy traders vouching for me? I also do have around 50 on my ebay as well from several yrs ago.
    If you dont feel comfortable to proceed I understand but I am telling you there is no reason to be lol. Other members have msg'd about the phone but it was taken by you. I can try selling it to someone else if you don't feel good about it.
    If you're willing to explain to your cousin you're willing to take the risk because there isn't any. I will even have it shipped with insurance so if the package were to get lost we can still get our money back.
    It's up to you what you want to do but you got the greenlight from me..
    Let me know thanks.

01-06-2011 12:05 AM
    Perhaps if your cousin isn't willing you could open a free account with PC financial?
    Thanks,

01-06-2011 04:34 PM
    Hello Timothy,
    Don't mean any pressure or anything but just wondering where we stand on this deal as I am unsure of what you have decided you want to do now. Let me know if you aren't interested to deal as I will bump the thread and try to find another buyer if that is the case.
    Thanks,

01-06-2011 10:13 PM
    Hello Timothy,
    I just checked and you don't have even 1 feedback on the forum. You obviously don't trust me since you have been skeptical the whole time when I have traded with others, I am not sure why you think I would rip you off which is becoming kind of insulting. I wouldn't mind completing the deal as planned, but I would really prefer to have the money prior to shipping as that is standard procedure and I have good results with it.
    I think I will bump my thread and respond to the other buyers. Please give me a concrete answer whether you want to proceed or not as I have already turned down potential buyers interest to hold it for you.
    Thanks,

01-06-2011 10:26 PM
    Timothy can you show me some feedback results to know that you wouldn't run off with my phone without paying for the remainder? If you can then I would consider half half but I personally don't like it.
    Thanks,

01-07-2011 02:12 AM
    Ok Timothy I do believe you lol, I was just a little frustrated after a long day that's all! How about send $145 and I will ship the phone and then send the remaining $100 within a day or two that you receive the phone? I am trusting you but I can tell you are a good guy. I am a student as well but I understand your concern because I know it is quite a bit when your a student and you don't have a job.
    Anyways I can ship it out tomorrow if you are able to get it done then but I have school from 11-4 straight but time before and after.
    Let me know what if you are good to go, have a good night

01-07-2011 02:15 AM
    Hey Tim,
    I already have your shipping address and everything so I am good to go if you are. If there is anything you need from me or need to ask please let me know!
    Thanks,

01-07-2011 03:06 AM
    Yes that information looks correct.

01-07-2011 03:08 AM
    Yes no problem as soon as I receive it I will PM you as soon as I sucessfully deposit it. I will email you when I accept and when I ship it off as well.
    Thanks,

01-07-2011 03:09 AM
    Lol no problem it is very simple, I will forward you or copy and paste you instructions here or there are even youtube videos but its very simple just pretty much entering a code then pulling the battery out of the phone and thats it. I will help you out for sure though .

01-07-2011 11:30 AM
    Sorry if you were trying to reach me I just had to clear space out of my PM inbox so it's all good now. Is your friend planning to send it today? I have class from 10-4 and might have a laptop to respond but ideally I can ship it out at around 4:30 when I am done.
    I will carry the phone around with me in my backpack so I can drop it off asap for you.
    Let me know, Thanks,

01-07-2011 03:04 PM
    Ok no problem. I am in class but it hasn't arrived yet. Sometimes they take about 15-25 minutes to show up. The password should be "bold9700" correct?
    Should be here any minute,
    Thanks

01-07-2011 03:17 PM
    Yep I just got it and it worked fine. I am in class though so I gotta pay attention! I will update you when I am done class.
    Thanks,

Device(s)
    LG GOSSIP
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Okay, I am pretty sure that guy took the money and left. It's been 4 days with no response.

Device(s)
    LG GOSSIP
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I already submitted a negative feedback on his account, hopefully it does some work.

Device(s)
    LG GOSSIP
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    should i report this to the police? or they can't really do much about it?

Device(s)
    LG GOSSIP
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    hi mods, can any of you give me a piece of advice? i believe you guys have seen my post already.

Device(s)
    LG GOSSIP
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hey mods, there are two more people contacted me about the fraud from TheNobleOne. They are 92integra and fatboi55.

This member scammed few members in the last few days from what I see. Ebay feedbacks are not trustworthy enough, they can do 100 positive transactions and still come here to scam you. Ebay won't do nothing for it. He is a newbie registered in June 2010 with only couple feedback, EMT payment is also a risky method as it gives protection to the sender. You took the risk and things happen.

You can contact police about it, but I doubt they will put any effort on it for something worth few hundred dollars. I won't give any hope on it to be honest.

Your negative feedback is good, that we stop him to scam more members on HoFo and I banned him off already.

Device(s)
    LG GOSSIP
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Is it possible for you to track his IP address or anything? Thanks.

Already check his PM before ban issued, not matching with anyone. Let me know if you want this thread move to the public section, that will create more look up on this scammer and prevent him to scam more people.

Device(s)
    LG GOSSIP
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Sure. I would want to help.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (crackberry 8330: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I live in Calgary. Pm me if you want help with this