Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Mobile selling SIMs now?

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9800 Torch
    Feedback Score
    I'm going to buy one tomorrow. Activate, cut it up and stick it into an iPad.

Exciting for $7.00/month.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DarK_Breaka View Post
    I'm going to buy one tomorrow. Activate, cut it up and stick it into an iPad.

Exciting for $7.00/month.
    You'll drain 100% of the SIM's balance, guaranteed, unless you can get that APN changed. It will default to the expensive Bell broadband APN.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    ^yup. Some us found out the hard way (well, only a $10 lesson, but still.

I expect Apple's iPhone configuration utility will let him modify the iPad's APN or maybe they have an iPad configuration utility. If not there is always unlockit.nz
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9800 Torch
    Feedback Score
    The iPad is jailbroken. unlockit.nz will be me the route i'm going.

I'll follow up tomorrow.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Ok great. To reiterate what cmslist said earlier, set it up before you insert the SIM. I would disable cellular data, swap the APN, insert the SIM and then enable cell data.

Feedback Score
    Exciting times for us cheap peeps!

xD

I cant wait till I have a $0.25/day unlimited data stick up and running...

So I wonder how long until they stop giving $10 credit with the sims?

I might go and buy 2 more just to be on the safe side... dont forget to check the date... you want the old ones from 2010

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AahH View Post
    I might go and buy 2 more just to be on the safe side... dont forget to check the date... you want the old ones from 2010
    What's the difference? Did something change with the 2011 SIMs?

Also, please refer to my other thread in this same subforum where I'm noticing that the PCSMS service stopped working a few days ago. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why?

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9800 Torch
    Feedback Score
    I went to a Real Canadian Super Store in Toronto (Scarborough Town Centre location). They had a small mobile section with a small wall with two rows of SIM cards.

No PC SIM cards though. I asked if they had anything else aside from the Bell and Solo SIMs, but the lady said that PC Mobile doesn't sell SIMs.

Any location in Toronto where I can go pick these up?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    SuperStore should have them, that's where I got mine. They should be where you find the other SIMs.

I was in Zehrs today so I grabbed another one, just in case they disappear. Zehrs didn't have them when a checked a month ago.

Feedback Score
    I just posted an addition to another thread under PC Mobile, "email to sms".

Normally these would be unrelated, but the customer service guy said something to the effect that changes to the system which now allows sims, means that text to email now get charged extra and are not part of unlimited texting.

I doesn't make any sense to me why.
    Just sounds like a money grab.

Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So I bought my unlocked blackberry after emailing with PC Mobile. They told me in the email that texting and data would work on it. So I popped the sim card in with unlimited text and data enabled on the account and now the blackberry is telling me: "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuation Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device."

Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coleatron View Post
    So I bought my unlocked blackberry after emailing with PC Mobile. They told me in the email that texting and data would work on it. So I popped the sim card in with unlimited text and data enabled on the account and now the blackberry is telling me: "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuation Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device."

Any ideas?
    Ya man... you are actually lucky this happened.

Usually the device pulls the settings from the sim card network.. in this case Bell..

And if you use lets say.. Internet.Bell.com or whatever your account balance would have been $0 in about 10 seconds..

Take the sim card out and you will have to use the settings back on I think page 3 or 4 to use the proxy...

meaning you will have to set up a data profile on your BB (you do not have BIS)

Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have changed the APN settings to the following:
    APN Settings: Enabled
    APN: proxy.bell.ca
    APM Authorization: Disabled
    Username:
    Password:

But it still wont work

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Might have to wait a day (or till after midnight) for the activated data to take effect. I think cmstlist's took a while to become active. Also, removing the SIM, rebooting and then inserting the SIM.

Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well I tried rebooting and tried taking the sim card out, but to no avail. Still no data service. We will see at midnight if it works but i highly doubt it. It pisses me off because I emailed PC Mobile and asked them if it would work and they said it would. So I am arguing with the supervisor on the phone now and they want me to fax them the email where they said it would work. Hopefully they can do something for me. They transferred me to Bell Technical Support lol. But he said there was no way. Hopefully the PC supervisor can do something for me.

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast