Thread: SE Naite J105 7 key dead

Feedback Score

SE Naite J105 7 key dead

Hello! This is my first post, so my sincere apologies if I'm way off base for where I'm posting.

I'm curious what I can possibly do about the dead key? I sent it into SE and they said that there was water damage/corrosion, which is fair enough. I ended up stuck in a thunder storm, complete with rain and hail - in the middle of the summer - while out mountain biking with a few friends. Needless to say the phone wasn't terribly happy about that.

Either way I let it dry out, though evidently not long enough, before turning it back on. Obviously this is my screw up, but I'm curious what I can possibly do to self-fix it. I opened up the phone (I'm not using it as my main phone at the moment, for obvious reasons), and was dismayed by the two main shielding units.

If anyone has suggestions for how to remove these shields, or any other tips and tricks it'd be MASSIVELY appreciated! I really enjoyed the phone, and am bummed I was too forgetful to toss it into my backpack so it could've been at least a little bit less wet, hah.

Thanks a bunch!

Feedback Score
    Ah, as it happens I managed to pry off each of the shields, but I see absolutely no corrosive damage. I saw evidence of it on the outside of one of the shields in the form of what looked like a very, VERY thin film of rust, and some discoloured black. Underneath the shield there was nothing however.

The one place that did have corrosion was by the charging port on the inside, and sadly wiping it away hasn't done anything, not that I thought it would. Where could I find a map of the internals? I'm trying to find teardown instructions for different phones in the hopes that maybe they design them all similarly.