Page 117 of 218 FirstFirst ... 17 67 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 167 217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3256

Thread: How To: Straight Talk and iPhone - SIM Swap from Nokia Smartphone

  1. #1741
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ordered my recon E71 today! w00 w00. Does anyone know if MyWi works?!?

  2. #1742
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    22
    Feedback Score
    0

    YouMail

    mhowerton,
    Thank you for all the education and info. Earlier today while I was removing my ipad2 from it's leather binder, I accidentally did something(might have pressed one app and held it there) and before knew all apps on ipad2 were wiggling with an x on it ......lol. Intuitively I knew x was for deleting it and I deleted what I didn't need. So I knew there was an easier way. Now I come here and read what you wrote and I was thinking, this is what I must've done. I haven't even had the time to read instruction manuals on ipad2 or iphone.

    Even if I download the youmail app from itunes and then do what you recommended for the cydia part, do I have to pay for subscription or is it a one time fee to use email? On youmail website they have subscription based services as well as a pro version.

    Regards
    mildcricket
    Quote Originally Posted by mhowerton79 View Post
    @mildcricket
    To delete an app store app from your iPhone, simply hold your finger down on any app for about 4 or 5 seconds. The apps all begin to wiggle and they will then also have an X on the top left corner of all the icons. Touch the X and iOS will delete the app. To delete folders you just need to move or delete all the apps out of the folder. In order to delete cydia apps and tweaks off your iPhone open cydia and go to manage tab on the bottom of the screen. Then go to manage packages. From there you can select on any thing you have installed in cydia. It will take you into the information screen about the package and at the upper right corner touch the button that says modify and then select remove. However, if you install CyDelete from cydia then deleting cydia apps becomes a lot easier because with CyDelete you can delete then straight from iOS just like the app store apps.

  3. #1743
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0

    Lightbulb Reconned Nokia E71/ Iphone 3gs Slow Speeds

    I just used my Nokia E71 sim in an Iphone 3gs to run straight talk. The phone says 3g with 3 bars, but i only get ping 340, download .91 mps, and upload .23 mps. Do I need to Jailbreak to get faster service? Speed test says my server is in Kansas and I live in PA. Any help to increase speeds?

  4. #1744
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    886
    Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bustub2 View Post
    I just used my Nokia E71 sim in an Iphone 3gs to run straight talk. The phone says 3g with 3 bars, but i only get ping 340, download .91 mps, and upload .23 mps. Do I need to Jailbreak to get faster service? Speed test says my server is in Kansas and I live in PA. Any help to increase speeds?
    There's not much you can do really. Network congestion, proximity to the nearest tower, the type of building your in, electronic interference, etc.....all of these can contribute to signal strength. Plus, the older Iphones are more limited because of their outdated hardware.

    Sent from my Straight Talk HTC Inspire using the Howard Forums app

  5. #1745
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mid-Ohio Valley
    Posts
    66
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    @mildcricket
    As far as I remeber, the only service that you have to pay for with YouMail is the voicemail transcription service. The free service is great though and you can even set it up to email your voicemails with an audio mp3 attachment to play them on your pc. The reason YouMail charges for there transcription services and other places like googlevoice does not is because YouMail actually hires a real person to listen to your voicemail and transcribe it for you so that it is 100% acurate. Google Voice just used a speech to text software and it is only ok sometimes at best. So other than the transcription you should be able to use every other popular feature of YouMail for free.

  6. #1746
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have 2 iphones one the 3gs 8gb and the 3gs 32 gb (on straight talk)
    The 32gb is JB the 8gb is not (4.34)
    I have tried every in call volume boost app that can be found in cydia and I cannot get the volume to increase... the 8gb will blow your eardrum out.

  7. #1747
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    I did search but search but did not find anything. Seems like the Samsung galaxy Precedent should come with an iPhone compatible SIM being that the Precedent requires the $45 plan..... Anybody try this yet and can confirm? I don't know why I would feel more comfortable buying this 800ghz android phone instead of the other two, but I do.

  8. #1748
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    124
    Device(s)
    Huawei Honor 8, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RonaldReagan View Post
    I did search but search but did not find anything. Seems like the Samsung galaxy Precedent should come with an iPhone compatible SIM being that the Precedent requires the $45 plan..... Anybody try this yet and can confirm? I don't know why I would feel more comfortable buying this 800ghz android phone instead of the other two, but I do.
    No sim card in the Samsung galaxy precedent. It does not use AT&T towers, rather it uses Sprint.

  9. #1749
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    137
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    0
    Dont these people fool you about the hardware of the 3gs...It gets exactly the same download speed as an iphone 4, its 3g and in my opinion tens times better than atat 4g network, I had an infuse and download speed were 4mb down and .20 up so it evens it self out... 4g is pretty much a myth from atat right now to sell phones....Thats why they are trying to acquire tmobile fo 12 billion to improve there weak 4g. On my 3gs on straight talk I get gget constant 200 ping 3 mb down and 1.5 up

  10. #1750
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,274
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jqwest303 View Post
    Dont these people fool you about the hardware of the 3gs...It gets exactly the same download speed as an iphone 4, its 3g and in my opinion tens times better than atat 4g network, I had an infuse and download speed were 4mb down and .20 up so it evens it self out... 4g is pretty much a myth from atat right now to sell phones....Thats why they are trying to acquire tmobile fo 12 billion to improve there weak 4g. On my 3gs on straight talk I get gget constant 200 ping 3 mb down and 1.5 up
    Wow, you should really understand what 3G, 4G, and iPhone maximum possible network speeds before you make such assertions

    1. The iPhone 3GS has HSDPA 7.2 Mbps on the download side, but its limited by the fact it doesn't have HSUPA on the upload side
    The iPhone 3GS is limited to UMTS 384kbps on the upload side (more info)
    2. The iPhone 4 has HSDPA 7.2 Mbps on the download side AND HSUPA 5.76 Mbps on the upload side.

    This is why you will typically see faster download speeds in addition to the significantly higher upload speeds on an iPhone 4 in areas with fake "4G" HSPA+ and enhanced backhaul.

    I don't know how your getting 1.5mbps UP on the iPhone 3GS on the 3G network, its not possible. Please post a Speedtest.net test result banner if otherwise.

  11. #1751
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ok I know from reading the post on here some people get upset when repeat questions are asked so I'm hoping someone will take my question serriously as I am not a very tech savvy person whatsoever I just picked up am Iphone for the first time yesterday when I bought the thing. I have sucessfully set up everything but Internet yet I can't jailbreak it so I can use MMS I am running iOS 4.3.5 on an 8 gig Iphone 3gs any suggestion ? I've tried green pois0n and redsn0w . . . Someone help please I'm clueless lol

  12. #1752
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,274
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lkwest27 View Post
    Ok I know from reading the post on here some people get upset when repeat questions are asked so I'm hoping someone will take my question serriously as I am not a very tech savvy person whatsoever I just picked up am Iphone for the first time yesterday when I bought the thing. I have sucessfully set up everything but Internet yet I can't jailbreak it so I can use MMS I am running iOS 4.3.5 on an 8 gig Iphone 3gs any suggestion ? I've tried green pois0n and redsn0w . . . Someone help please I'm clueless lol
    Try looking around and asking your question here:
    http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...-and-Unlocking

  13. #1753
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33
    Feedback Score
    0
    Got my E71 in, activated the SIM, and put it in my iPhone. Keeps showing no service. Put it in my BB Torch 9800, have 3G. BB Bold 9950 (unlocked) has all edge bars. iPhone: nothing :/

    What should I check to make sure the SIM is iPhone compatible?

  14. #1754
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33
    Feedback Score
    0
    Tf64psimc4

  15. #1755
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    6,957
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jhsands View Post
    Got my E71 in, activated the SIM, and put it in my iPhone. Keeps showing no service. Put it in my BB Torch 9800, have 3G. BB Bold 9950 (unlocked) has all edge bars. iPhone: nothing :/

    What should I check to make sure the SIM is iPhone compatible?
    Of cource the SIM is I-phone compatible. The SIM is not your problem, it works in other phones, the problem lies with the I-phone, or the procedure your using to get it working..

Page 117 of 218 FirstFirst ... 17 67 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 167 217 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How To: Straight Talk and Nokia Symbian Belle
    By landoftherich in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-22-2015, 10:07 PM
  2. Replies: 698
    Last Post: 08-16-2013, 08:50 PM
  3. Straight Talk and battery on iPhone 3GS, please help
    By st1000 in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 05:03 PM
  4. Straight Talk and VERIZON iPhone
    By activekid91 in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 07:22 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 05:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks