Thread: Verizon 4G LTE Speed Test Results: POST EM' HERE!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Verizon 4G LTE Speed Test Results: POST EM' HERE!

My home tower and a site a mile down the road finally got much needed backhaul upgrades (OneFiber). Waited 4 years for this.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Their video calling is trash. Use Google Duo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    I had a relative of mine video call me yesterday from their Samsung Galaxy. They're on vzw and I'm on at&t. Are they working on interoperability with video calling? I can't video call them, but they were able to video call me. Worked flawlessly!

Sent from my SM-N960U 6GB aka Note 9 using Tapatalk
    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    Union square Manhattan. The outdoor C-RAN node is doing a fantastic job. Band 4+13+2. Attachment 163475

I was in the city on Saturday. Verizon’s speeds and density are amazing down near little Italy. I didn’t see any LAA however

Feedback Score
    This high rise has Verizon’s main cell site for all of downtown Binghamton on it. This morning a large crane cane and removed 2/4 panel antenna...service is still on but only two carriers showing as band 66. Is this a rip and replace in progress? Thoughts? The site is always congested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 site for all of downtown?
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    This high rise has Verizon’s main cell site for all of downtown Binghamton on it. This morning a large crane cane and removed 2/4 panel antenna...service is still on but only two carriers showing as band 66. Is this a rip and replace in progress? Thoughts? The site is always congested.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    1 site for all of downtown?

You would be shocked...until a year or so ago there were two cell site serving most of the city of Binghamton. The west side of town is now covered by an ODAS, and they recent built a new tower on the east side too. So things are improving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Crane still there...Road around building is closed.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Red Pocket (VZ)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    Crane still there...Road around building is closed.
    They need *THAT* to get antennas up there? Couldn't they just carry them up the stairs and build the assembly on the roof?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X🅂, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    They need *THAT* to get antennas up there? Couldn't they just carry them up the stairs and build the assembly on the roof?
    You’re kidding, right? Just wanting to make sure.

Because... all that equipment combined is far heavier than a tower crew. Panels can be taller and heavier than humans. Some older ALU RRHs also weigh upwards of 100 lbs.

- Bentley

AT&T 5G+, Oklahoma City

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    You’re kidding, right? Just wanting to make sure.

Because... all that equipment combined is far heavier than a tower crew. Panels can be taller and heavier than humans. Some older ALU RRHs also weigh upwards of 100 lbs.
    Most antennas I've seen are 3-4' TOPS, excepting the new T-Mobile 600mhz ones. How much do they weigh? How much can they weigh? I would figure the limitations on the decks and loading for hurricane standards would keep antenna weights somewhere in the range of 50lbs per panel or less, as they add up quick when you get several dozen panels and several dozen RRHs on each tower. Of course this is a building and could hold more, but they would presumably be the same panels as a dedicated tower.

Even at 100lbs, that's carryable in a backpack. A crane seems rather overkill, unless the whole assembly has to be built off-site and trucked in as opposed to built on site.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X🅂, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Most antennas I've seen are 3-4' TOPS, excepting the new T-Mobile 600mhz ones. How much do they weigh? How much can they weigh? I would figure the limitations on the decks and loading for hurricane standards would keep antenna weights somewhere in the range of 50lbs per panel or less, as they add up quick when you get several dozen panels and several dozen RRHs on each tower. Of course this is a building and could hold more, but they would presumably be the same panels as a dedicated tower.

Even at 100lbs, that's carryable in a backpack. A crane seems rather overkill, unless the whole assembly has to be built off-site and trucked in as opposed to built on site.
    It might seem like overkill, but it’s better to kill two birds with one stone and get it all over with, than have crews at the job site for weeks — putting more network plans farther and farther behind.

That is a huge crane, though. The one on my 150’ home site wasn’t even that large.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It might seem like overkill, but it’s better to kill two birds with one stone and get it all over with, than have crews at the job site for weeks — putting more network plans farther and farther behind.

That is a huge crane, though. The one on my 150’ home site wasn’t even that large.
    What's the difference between "grunt" laborers hauling stuff up the stairs form a truck a week before the installation crew gets there versus a crane coming and doing a lift a week before the installation crew gets there? The former just sounds much, much cheaper. Cranes cost thousands of dollars per day. Do they use cranes on towers too? I thought they would rig up a pulley/winch system for those?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Some cities also charge for work permits by the day. So it may also be cheaper with the Crain to get the work over and done with in a day or so vs dragging out the job with additional labor costs.

It also sounds like that town in a little underserved with towers so I would assume that assembling the sectors offsite/on the ground then just lifting out the old site and dropping in the new one also would likely have the least amount of network downtime.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    Some cities also charge for work permits by the day. So it may also be cheaper with the Crain to get the work over and done with in a day or so vs dragging out the job with additional labor costs.

It also sounds like that town in a little underserved with towers so I would assume that assembling the sectors offsite/on the ground then just lifting out the old site and dropping in the new one also would likely have the least amount of network downtime.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    The work is going on day number three now...

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post

Interesting. Both could be factors. I didn't really think of those.

Page 1039 of 1058 FirstFirst ... 39 539 939 989 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 ... LastLast