Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: New Changes from TELUS LNR - Unlimited Calling (local/national) + 6GB Data!!!

Feedback Score
    Rate plan 2: 75$ unlimited nationwide calling
    Is this telus-to-telus? Or is this to any phone (mobile, landline, etc)?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Seks View Post
    Is this telus-to-telus? Or is this to any phone (mobile, landline, etc)?
    That is to any phone number in Canada.

My New Rogers Plan
    - $35 Unlimited Local Calling Plan
    - $30 6GB Data
    - $10 Retention Value Pack - Free (2500 texts, CID, VM)
    - 100 mins LD - Free
    - $67 + tax

Bite me Telus.

Device(s)
    Iphones, Moto Androids
    Carrier(s)
    Telus-Voice
    Feedback Score
    yeah telus to telus cell calling is like a $15 add-on. Unlimited LD is a $15 add-on for me too, but I like the "unlimited" part of this anyways.... it's good to know what your bill is going to be and worry-free about talking all you want. Gonna try for this today

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    The L&R rep I spoke with today told me that the 1gb and 6gb data add-ons had ended in December. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Moto X 2nd Gen
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jw113 View Post
    The L&R rep I spoke with today told me that the 1gb and 6gb data add-ons had ended in December. Can anyone confirm?
    You can't "end" something that isn't even available to all clients. It's not like a known promotion. It's at the discretion of the Loyalty rep. In short: the codes have not been removed from the system. They are not expired/invalid codes, so they can be added to an account if needed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    All plan is always available ...

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyg3n View Post
    All plan is always available ...
    Thanks, but the reason I asked was that the original poster of this thread had started with
    All this can be offered by LNR now to anyone, however this might be availble for a limited time only, so make the call now!
    Too bad the reps can't be honest and say that I don't qualify (for whatever reason), rather than making stuff up...

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    So, what determines whether someone gets offered, say, 6gb Loyalty Data. There must be guidelines -- it can't just be whether the LNR rep is having a good day?? Is it based on what their current plan costs?

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility (2000-current)
    Feedback Score
    I'd lean on the side that it would depend on the particular rep you get. The first call I made to just renew my contract the rep wouldn't even give me the allotted 350 daytime minutes on the plan that was about to expire since I wasn't using those daytime minutes in the last 2 billing cycles, and I was paying $80 just on a voice plan with texting overages. I renewed with basically the BB50 (Clear Choice) plan first before I called into L&R again to move me over to the unlimited loca/1GB loyalty, and this time got a rep who was very easy to deal with.

Perhaps there is some truth to what your existing plan looks like - I've never had any credits or freebies on my account up until this time around..

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    It totally depends on the CSR you get. I called L&R and asked for the $20 1 gig plan and she reviewed my usage (I was on the $25 1 gig plan before changing) and asked where I heard about the plan. I told her I read about it online (but didn't mention the site). She laughed, said that things like this shouldn't be posted in public and gave it to me.
    Clearnet/TELUS Customer since 2001:
    MB Talk & Text - 2GB Share = Unlimited mins / Unlimited Canadian LD / Unlimited SMS / 2 GB = $55 + taxes

Click this for a free day of US talk and SMS on Roam Mobility! | Click this for free 2.5 GB Dropbox!

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I'm starting to wonder how much it depends on where you live. I don't have Wind, Mobilicity, etc. as options, and Telus must know that. Perhaps that's why I keep getting offered plans with fewer features at higher cost, despite asking for no more (less, in fact) than other posters say they're receiving now.

Feedback Score
    Currently I have:

Rate Plan: Talk $20/200 PCS
    Added Services: International Roaming
    Package 15
    Airtime Bundle 50
    VM10 reg $5 - Free 3 yrs
    Loyalty 25 Cdn LD mins $5-3 yr
    VM10 reg $5 - Free 3 yrs
    L&R Call Waiting
    FIM $15 - Free 3 yrs
    Loyalty 75 Cdn LD mins $10-3yr
    Weekends & Evenings Unlimited
    Blackberry Data Add-On 25

Contract expires in about a year?

I called L&R directly just now and the dude denied me of the 1GB and 6GB. He said I can only get what's on the web (ie 1GB for $30). I mentioned I read on the web that quite a # of people have successfully get those. He still said it's not available to me.

Wish there's a way to get those L&R reps in **** for lying through their teeth?

Feedback Score
    Wait a day or two and call first thing in the morning. Don't call during the weekend, people are usually pissed because they have to work on weekends.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Seks View Post
    I called L&R directly just now and the dude denied me of the 1GB and 6GB. He said I can only get what's on the web (ie 1GB for $30). I mentioned I read on the web that quite a # of people have successfully get those. He still said it's not available to me.

Wish there's a way to get those L&R reps in **** for lying through their teeth?
    He wasn't lying. Who knows what the rules are for giving the loyalty data packages but being nice is going to take you a lot further then getting mad at them. I find negotiating with them is easiest if you play a little give and take.

Being patient and friendly with CSRs is the best way to get anything. Remember, they're doing their job and aren't obligated to give you anything outside of posted plans and additions. Freaking out gets you nowhere.

Device(s)
    Motorola Brick and a Big A$$ Pager
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by juicebox666 View Post
    He wasn't lying. Who knows what the rules are for giving the loyalty data packages but being nice is going to take you a lot further then getting mad at them. I find negotiating with them is easiest if you play a little give and take.

Being patient and friendly with CSRs is the best way to get anything. Remember, they're doing their job and aren't obligated to give you anything outside of posted plans and additions. Freaking out gets you nowhere.
    Agreed! and once your name/account is flagged for being rude, impolite, demanding etc...its game over because from that point on, you get nothing in future negotiations. I've come across many, many LNR reps who I can tell are just having a bad day. Once I pick that up...I politely say "Sorry, I have to go (insert any excuse here) and I'll call again tomorrow and thanks again for you help"

roughly 18 years later...I've pretty much got what I have asked for from LNR because of being polite, never being in arrears with my bill and willing to "GIVE and TAKE" during LNR negotiations.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast