Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: New Changes from TELUS LNR - Unlimited Calling (local/national) + 6GB Data!!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Ya I know. It would change the way I use my phone.

Feedback Score
    Is it only in major cities where Wind, Mobi, etc are present or is it available anywhere? I would like it for Nova Scotia and there is only Telus/Bell and Rogers here.

EDIT: I couldn't wait and I called Retentions directly. I was told that for the unlimited plans I would have to call after December 2nd. I only wanted the unlimited local calling, that should have been available today ....

When is Retentions open for business tomorrow? Is it 8 am Pacific time?

P.S. Maybe they would what Rogers did, launch the unlimited plans at 50$ (local)/ 75$ (nationwide) then drop the price to 35$ / 50$. Could it be possible ?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Torch 9800: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.246 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

Glad to see that Telus responded to the competition with these unlimited plans. They are a little pricey in comparison to the competition, but its a good start.

My New Rogers Plan
    - $35 Unlimited Local Calling Plan
    - $30 6GB Data
    - $10 Retention Value Pack - Free (2500 texts, CID, VM)
    - 100 mins LD - Free
    - $67 + tax

Bite me Telus.

Device(s)
    Motorola Brick and a Big A$$ Pager
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joop88 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Torch 9800: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.246 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

Glad to see that Telus responded to the competition with these unlimited plans. They are a little pricey in comparison to the competition, but its a good start.
    Agreed! In terms of price...I almost ported over to Mobilicity with their unlimited local calling and data plan to go with their BOLD 9700 but then again, I remained with Telus $50 unlimited voice + $30 6GB + (Unlimited Text, Caller ID, Voicemail 10) Free, no SAF/GRRF = $80 total before taxes PLUS THE FACT, not having to worry about dropped calls, poor network coverage, going out of my "HOME ZONE" which is normally associated with an entry level provider such as WIND/MOBILICITY.

Again...just like CityFido, I'd like to thank WIND/MOBILICITY for providing competition to make these unlimited plans possible.

Question for you Joop88, your plan with Rogers is $35 + $30 + $10 = $67 plus tax? Shouldn't it be $35 + $30 + $10 = $70?... what about GRFF?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

^These plans make me regret porting my line to Rogers a little bit, but I pay probably about $20 less a month for a comparable plan. I'm just glad that my friends on Telus have the option now and can get a reasonable data plan easily without jumping through a bunch of hoops.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if the unlimited nationwide only works in your local area or if its like Favorite Numbers and works everywhere.

Device(s)
    Motorola Brick and a Big A$$ Pager
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fwhiggins View Post
    I wonder if the unlimited nationwide only works in your local area or if its like Favorite Numbers and works everywhere.
    From what I was told...it works anywhere in Canada. Both incoming and outgoing to any number in Canada.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QPhone View Post
    Agreed! In terms of price...I almost ported over to Mobilicity with their unlimited local calling and data plan to go with their BOLD 9700 but then again, I remained with Telus $50 unlimited voice + $30 6GB + (Unlimited Text, Caller ID, Voicemail 10) Free, no SAF/GRRF = $80 total before taxes PLUS THE FACT, not having to worry about dropped calls, poor network coverage, going out of my "HOME ZONE" which is normally associated with an entry level provider such as WIND/MOBILICITY.

Again...just like CityFido, I'd like to thank WIND/MOBILICITY for providing competition to make these unlimited plans possible.

Question for you Joop88, your plan with Rogers is $35 + $30 + $10 = $67 plus tax? Shouldn't it be $35 + $30 + $10 = $70?... what about GRFF?
    "- $10 Retention Value Pack - Free (2500 texts, CID, VM)"

Has it free, so probably $65 plus GRFF

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Just called and the agent knew nothing about it. She looked it up and says she just got the email yesterday. First she tried to tell me it would be tied to a contract commitment, but I told her I thought that was incorrect. She did a bit more research and said she found the $75 plan, but not the $50 one yet. I told her I would call back tomorrow when I think it will be available. She made it very clear that I would lose every single free feature if I switched to one of these plans. I currently get text, CID, 75 long distance minutes, as well as enhanced voicemail for free. I am currently paying $45.00 for the voice plan + $25.00 for 500MB of data + $7.70 SAF/911 (total $77.70 + tax).

I would be signing up for the $50 plan + $20 1GB data for a total of $70 + tax. I could deal with losing the long distance minutes, but I really don't want to lose the rest. It sounds like Package 15 would make up for the rest, but that puts me at $85 + tax, so $7.30 more than I'm paying now. I suppose that's worth it, but I'd really like to get Package 15 thrown in for free. QPhone what do you think my chances are? This is why I wanted to call right away before they tighten up the policies too much. Hopefully I get a more lenient rep tomorrow.

PS: Thanks for the BBM heads up Joop, and thanks Koolin for this post!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I was told that only the bonus features would drop off.
    I would lose my bonus 5 GB and 100 Mins (and e/w @6 free).
    My Package 15 (free) 100 LD (free) and CFW (free) would transfer to the new plan.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Yes, I have a $10 discount and 100 free LD minutes as well. They offered 1000 mins for $5, but I didn't need it.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseApe View Post
    I was told that only the bonus features would drop off.
    I would lose my bonus 5 GB and 100 Mins (and e/w @6 free).
    My Package 15 (free) 100 LD (free) and CFW (free) would transfer to the new plan.
    I am pretty sure any core plan change automatically triggers all free features to fall off, and that it's up to rep to decide whether or not they are willing to re-configure them on the new plan.

Quote Originally Posted by joop88 View Post

They offered 1000 mins for $5, but I didn't need it.
    I would have scooped that up in a heart beat!

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility (2000-current)
    Feedback Score
    If Package 15 could be easily had for free I could've kept my grandfathered plan with unlimited incoming minutes, add 1GB data which would be double what I have now and continue to pay for 6PM E/W + SAF/911 and still be ahead per month. This is a nice find for heavy minute users and a nice change from Telus.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Now here's to hoping LnR will be getting easier to work with for the future for freebies but I still have a grudge with them for the past....so well see.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro; HTC Apache - Retired again
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I called them and they won't even give me caller id because they're giving me unlimited...

Although the plans themselves seem pretty good, based on their stinginess, I'm so totally on the fence about Telus altogether. I'm going to pull my 3 lines as soon as I can. After 10 years, it seems they no longer want my money or loyalty.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast