Thread: Stay away from dell!!!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Stay away from Dell!!!

I bought a Streak 2.2 Unlocked and recieved 1.6 OS. Then spent the next 3.5+hrs being transferred left and right and getting no where. No one there knows what they are doing and trying to get the right help is non-existant. Just a warning to all those looking at getting some sort of Dell phone.
    My 500th post was on 04-16-2005 17:13
    My 1000th post was on 08-20-2005 10:05
    My 1500th post was on 12-11-2007, 14:51
    HoFo Feedback
    PHILLY'S APRIL MEET PICS

^^^^GO HERE^^^^

Hit me up on GTalk @ JonMTCurley
    Call Me Whenever 267-793-0093

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Feedback Score
    mine comes tomorrow and i have this gut feeling that its going to come with 1.6
    if it updates OTH without any problems then i could be fine but i want my $30 back

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I was able to update mine after I did research on my own. here is the link i followed on my device:

http://mobileupdate.dell.com/?version=GAUSB1A110100

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Feedback Score
    Got mine this morning, as soon as I turned it on I went to settings and did the update.
    After the initial 150meg download I installed 2.2 which it said would take up to 15 minutes but was complete in about 5.
    It restarted and now running 2.2

Works great and looks sharp.
    Now getting use to it but love that I can watch all youtube videos on the stock browser. No limits unlike the mobile version of youtube.

Downloaded a few games and found that Android is pretty easy to use. Kinda too simple IMHO.

Device(s)
    w810I(gone) w900i(here)
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    link doesn't work anymore tried just now

Quote Originally Posted by noodles5666 View Post
    I was able to update mine after I did research on my own. here is the link i followed on my device:

http://mobileupdate.dell.com/?version=GAUSB1A110100

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles5666 View Post
    I bought a Streak 2.2 Unlocked and recieved 1.6 OS. Then spent the next 3.5+hrs being transferred left and right and getting no where. No one there knows what they are doing and trying to get the right help is non-existant. Just a warning to all those looking at getting some sort of Dell phone.
    I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. Anyway I have two friends using dell streak, they bought it from timtechs.com and they are pretty happy with it. Updating to 2.2 did not cause any problem at all.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel to AT&T wireless, to Cingular, to at&t...Leave the name alone will ya?
    Feedback Score
    I bought mine in October, knowing it would come with 1.6
    After the last 4 years with various windows phones, this one is light years ahead. No tweaking out of the box.
    No hacking apps to get the performance up to where it was usable. 1.6 works fine, and I can wait til the 2.2 update
    hits.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You went into check for updates in the settings menu and no updates were available? I'd be upset if it's not there and you paid extra money. I have a feeling that even the AT&T locked devices will have a 2.2 update within a week or so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam08 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. Anyway I have two friends using dell streak, they bought it from timtechs.com and they are pretty happy with it. Updating to 2.2 did not cause any problem at all.
    Funny I was fantasizing about getting one from timtechs too which is factory unlocked but I was worried about updating to 2.2, but I have read on their site today that the official 2.2 update will be released sometime in January so I might reconsider

Device(s)
    Streakin w/16gig
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    if you are on baseband 31 you will not be able to update. if you want to update then goto streakdroid and follow the guides for qdl. repair tool. you will be running baseband 00 and 2.2. not liking the stage so i will most likly rip that off and run adw. outside of that all manuf does stupid things like this. be it dell or anyone else. i had issues with htc imate nokia moto.good luck on finding a phone manuf that gives everyone everything they want
    affect change and churn baby churn

want to contribute to a ringtone collection? want to archive and be able to get others archived rings? im planning on putting together a nice lil collection of users rings just email [email protected] your rings and ill put them together in a lil zip for all free of course.

the unofficial howard forums user contributed ringtones.

howard.f # 2 unofficial ringers user contribs

1000th post 4:55 pm 5/7/2007