Thread: Is mobile internet coming to Chatr any time soon?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

Question Is mobile internet coming to Chatr any time soon?

Any Rogers/Chatr insiders here? Should we expect the mobile internet option (and I'm NOT talking about tethering) on Chatr any time soon?

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Chatr uses the Rogers old 2G network, so you'll get GPRS speeds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ang View Post
    Chatr uses the Rogers old 2G network, so you'll get GPRS speeds.
    Chatr uses Rogers 3G network, atleast this is what I see in Ottawa.

Device(s)
    Nokia E72 X10
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers/Vodafone.DE O2.DE Cellcom Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stangri.bc View Post
    Any Rogers/Chatr insiders here? Should we expect the mobile internet option (and I'm NOT talking about tethering) on Chatr any time soon?
    I just read they had a promo for 6 months with a 10.00 reduction in your plan. So I was going to call and read that someone had called in, gotten the switch and asked about data. So i called and did the switch also and asked about data.. Was told the spring BUT it could be as soon as January. Unlimited was also confirmed. NOW the bloke did say water cooler talk about the time line but he did say they were given a memo and were told by management it was a go. Testing is going on as we speak I was told and it would confirm the on and off of the 3g on my iphone with chatr. I must say speaking with the csr at Chat-r was pleasant and he was able to switch my plan easily. He also stated that this reduction was for anyone as you can change your price plan on the fly. So you can get in on promos easily.

Feedback Score
    Chatr does not only use a 2G network. Chatr customers have full access to the entire Rogers network (if their phones support it). Chatr customers only being stuck only on a 2G network is a falsehood that has even been repeated by Wind (possibly even deliberately) by high level executives for marketing purposes.

Device(s)
    Nokia E72 X10
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers/Vodafone.DE O2.DE Cellcom Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by computergeek541 View Post
    Chatr does not only use a 2G network. This is falsehood that has even been repeated by Wind (possibly even deliberately) by high level executives for marketing purposes.
    I have read and heard that also. I always thought it odd as I could put the sim in most of my handsets and the little 3g logo would pop up. It was also called " the Experiment " for a while. But I suppose alls fair in this medium.