Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lose weight?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson P910i ( R4A ) ~ Sony Ericsson P800 ( R2F) W/ HBH 600 & HBH 20 ( All Unlocked )
    Carrier(s)
    Fido ( Microcell ) ~
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by hkalltheway
    The Atkins diet; no carbs, only meat :P and you lose weight like crazy! Many people have tried it. [/QUOTE

Thats not for everyone. I know ppl that have tried it with minimal success.

60 Years of Strength, Pride & Independence...
    INDIA: Break 35 Years and BEAT WI @ HOME!!! Kumble The Destroyer!!! ALL PRAISE THE DRAVID REGIME!
    Next up: More Crushing of The English!!

Bharat Mata Ki Jai!

HoFo's Premier Cricket King! & Almighty Leader of WORLD DOMINATION CRICKET POSSE!

Feedback Score
    hey just wondering if it's good to do weights for about an hour...then afterwards do about 30 running on a threadmill??...will the jogging decrease your muscles??...

was just wondering if it's better to keep them seperate..like day 1 do weights...day 2 do cardio...

anyone know if doing them seperately is better then doing them all in one day??

Device(s)
    BB Bold
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Cardo is a good start, but not nearly as effective as everyone likes to think. Building muscle is the best way, as muscle burns almost twice as many calories "being there" as the same amount as fat. But of course not everyone wants to be some huge Mr. Olympia either, I prefer the toned look so combined the weight lifting with cardio and a good diet.

Device(s)
    Primary: Nokia 6200
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM (800 MHz)
    Feedback Score
    well, 50 lbs in a month is a lot... the only way to lose that much that quick is probably atkins... i did atkins for a week and lost 15 lbs!! but i couldnt take it anymore... and the problem with atkins, is that you cant stay on it forever, and when you stop it, your weight comes pounding back even more than before...

so i joined the gym... i went twice a week, and starting watching what i ate... when i had a craving for a treat, i took a little bit instead of a lot like i used to... i tried to eat lots of protein, and not much carbos, bc i saw atkins worked for me... i wouldnt do the no ketchup, no bread with your burger strcitness - but rather have the burger with bread and ketchup than some oily french fries and starchy pasta..

at the gym i would do muscular, the training machines, not free weights, for about 1/2 hour, then cardio for 1/2 hour, the ski machine...

i was steadily losing a few pounds per week, and within 6 months was at my goal, 50 pounds less... i went from an overhang to starting to form a 6 pack... from a 40-42 size waist, to 33-34... from XXL shirts to M... i go to the gym atleast 3-4 times a week now, and have actually gained about 15 pounds in the last 2 months... i'm assuming it's muscle, bc i haven't gotten bigger in size, my clothing are the same size, and i feel stronger...

i don't think there's any healthy way to lose 50 lbs in a month... if it needs to be done for a wedding or something, atkins will do it, but its hard to keep up with... and when you finish, you bloat... sign up to the gym... give yourself a reason to go... i dont get to listen to my music too much, and when i go i listen to my mp3 player.. it gives me a reason to look forward to it... also, sign up with a friend... then you motivate each other, and stop each other from getting lazy....

Device(s)
    DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Good job! That sounds a lot like what I did!

Don't you find it amazing and even kinda funny that when you go to buy clothes, that the size you were used to is now huge on you? I love it! hehehe

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM (800 MHz)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by mbrowning
    Good job! That sounds a lot like what I did!

Don't you find it amazing and even kinda funny that when you go to buy clothes, that the size you were used to is now huge on you? I love it! hehehe
    it's so true... i was going to the gym in size 40 waist shorts, the same ones i would just wash and re-use for a few months... after a bit id be on the ski machine pulling my shorts up the whole time..lol...i started wearing a belt, but then they were so scrunched at the top, i finally bought new ones...

i remember last year going with my friend to old navy, he was buying shirts size M and i was getting XXL... i couldnt believe he wore M, as small as he was... now i'm wearing M... it's amazing... especially seeing ppl for the first time in years, they can't believe it.. it makes you feel so good...

Device(s)
    BB Bold
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by rockon83
    also, sign up with a friend... then you motivate each other, and stop each other from getting lazy....
    This is Very important, most people quit after a couple of weeks. But if you work out with a friend or two its less likely to happen

Device(s)
    DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yep, it's how I got started - going to the gym with my roommate.

I have a different roommate this year.. he's quite overweight, and I'm trying to get him to go to the gym with me. I got him to go today, but I had to keep on telling him to take it easy, I really think he's gonna be sore tomorrow.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM (800 MHz)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by mbrowning
    Yep, it's how I got started - going to the gym with my roommate.

I have a different roommate this year.. he's quite overweight, and I'm trying to get him to go to the gym with me. I got him to go today, but I had to keep on telling him to take it easy, I really think he's gonna be sore tomorrow.
    lol.. i got a friend of mine who;s pretty overweight to come with me once to the gym.. he sat on the free blood pressure machine and went on the treadmill for 5 mins...

Device(s)
    Samsung A707/Nokia 6170b/Nokia 6230b
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by rockon83
    it's so true... i was going to the gym in size 40 waist shorts, the same ones i would just wash and re-use for a few months... after a bit id be on the ski machine pulling my shorts up the whole time..lol...i started wearing a belt, but then they were so scrunched at the top, i finally bought new ones...

i remember last year going with my friend to old navy, he was buying shirts size M and i was getting XXL... i couldnt believe he wore M, as small as he was... now i'm wearing M... it's amazing... especially seeing ppl for the first time in years, they can't believe it.. it makes you feel so good...
    Yeah, I dropped 130lbs in 9 months... So I know how it is for people who haven't seen you since then. Just crazy. Now, I am trying to drop about 20lbs or so now because after having my appendix out, having my gallbladder out, and going to Europe for two weeks, I have gained a little bit of weight. I just haven't been able to get back to the gym, although I know that is 100% the key. ([email protected] work keeps getting in the way!)

Gotta do it... Gotta do it... Gotta do it...

james

Feedback Score
    Losing weight can be considered as one of the hard-hitting challenges that I have ever endeavored in my life. Here are my tips if you are a really motivated beginner trying to lose those extra pounds that you’ve treasured all your life.
    If you want to lose weight and keep it off, you know that exercise should be an essential part of your routine. A regular fitness routine in order to have a wide-range of positive health effects, such as a lower risk of cancer and stroke, better cardiovascular health, stronger muscles, and slowing of bone density loss associated with age. Keto diet and exercising goes hand in hand. Exercising regularly while following a strict ketodiet comprised only of foods that can be hunted and gathered can do wonders.
    The Keto diet has become one of the most popular eating approaches out there, so you won’t have trouble finding a bounty of Keto-friendly recipes online and on bookshelves.
    You can check everydayhealth.com which has a number of articles that can help one to decide what to eat and what to avoid if you are on a ketogenic diet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2