Thread: My Motorola V9m is coming apart and acting up

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score

My Motorola V9m is coming apart and acting up

After using a V9m as my primary cell phone for 3 years, it's starting to go bye-bye.
    The left side of the hinge is now cracked....yes the meal as cracked there above the left soft-key.
    The external plastic piece of the microUSB cover has come off.
    And now whenever I go to change the phone, it says "Unauthorized Charger". The only work-around is to turn the phone off, pull the battery for a min, restart the phone and then plug the charger in right away.
    I wouldn't mind replacing it with another new V9m, but can't seem to find any.
    So after I reviewed the LG Clout two months ago, I thought about getting it, but still can't find anyone locally who sells it.
    Hopefully my V9m will last until I can get a Clout (somewhere).
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Um! ?
    Why dont you purchase one from the guy I got mine from or, JP Whoregan will sell you one with no problem, and hes in florida also.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fireredak View Post
    Um! ?
    Why dont you purchase one from the guy I got mine from or, JP Whoregan will sell you one with no problem, and hes in florida also.
    hi are these units brand new with retail boxes?

thanks

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fireredak View Post
    Um! ?
    I guess I must of missed that. Can you please send me a PM with their info?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 & HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have fond memories of my V9m, but I can't imagine using a phone for 3 years. I'd love to be able to, but I can't even pull three months with the same phone. I do understand the whole "special phone" concept though. The PEBL and Kyocera Koi of all phones were super special to me and I kept them both for a long time (though not always activated).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakes View Post
    I have fond memories of my V9m, but I can't imagine using a phone for 3 years. I'd love to be able to, but I can't even pull three months with the same phone. I do understand the whole "special phone" concept though. The PEBL and Kyocera Koi of all phones were super special to me and I kept them both for a long time (though not always activated).
    I remember the Koi, it was interesting, but I didn't care for it.
    I did like the Motorola K1m, but glad I waited for the V9m.

Device(s)
    Moto V9m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wow, there are still people that like the V9M! I loved mine but the keypad was going bad and after looking at the new junk they're peddling, I bought one from Misty Electronics. It's the newest/last one they made and has newer firmware than my old one so I'm good for a few more years. Here's a link you ya. http://stores.channeladvisor.com/mis...20Razr%20Phone

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopar Guy View Post
    Wow, there are still people that like the V9M! I loved mine but the keypad was going bad and after looking at the new junk they're peddling, I bought one from Misty Electronics. It's the newest/last one they made and has newer firmware than my old one so I'm good for a few more years. Here's a link you ya. http://stores.channeladvisor.com/mis...20Razr%20Phone
    What firmware is on the V9m you purchased from them?
    There was an updated in 2008 (I think) that I put on my V9m that changed it from PART_01.15.0d to PARS_01.31.00

Device(s)
    Moto V9m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    What firmware is on the V9m you purchased from them?
    There was an updated in 2008 (I think) that I put on my V9m that changed it from PART_01.15.0d to PARS_01.31.00
    Yes, it is PARS_01.31.00. When I looked, they offer the Blue and Brown ones. I found a few sites that sell parts for them and I'm thinking I might get a keypad for my old one and try to update the firmware if possible so it would be ready to go if needed.