View Poll Results: What smart-phone will you buy If the iphone 4 does come to Verizon?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Verizon and AT&T iPhone 4

20 35.71%
  • Any provider Android Phone

36 64.29%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Poll:Verizon iphone 4 VS any provider Android Phone?

Feedback Score

Poll:Verizon iphone 4 VS any provider Android Phone?

Poll:Verizon iphone 4 VS any provider Android Phone?

Feedback Score
    Wondering how disruptive will be the appearance of the magical VeriPhone 4!

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    IMO:

Android OS > Apple OS

But if Verizon does get the iphone, I wonder how many people will leave AT&T... lol
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Baaahh baaahhhh. I can hear the sheep already

wified from a monolith using a slider
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If Verizon does get the iPhone, I plan to get it. I had it on AT&T but left because the service wasn't adequate.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    After getting my hands on a Lagfixed, Rooted, Launcherpro-working Samsung Galaxy S, I don't see how the iTurd fits into the equation. Bigger screen, more memory, deeper/richer color, faster processor, open-source market, removable battery and memory, not to mention wireless Google sync, at least equal if not better camera, etc, etc,....only the true Apple drone would opt for an iPhone over the top of the line Android phones at this point.
    Low price, Excellent Service, High Quality. Pick any two, but you never get all three.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROID2 Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROID2)

Quote Originally Posted by JP Whoregan
    After getting my hands on a Lagfixed, Rooted, Launcherpro-working Samsung Galaxy S, I don't see how the iTurd fits into the equation. Bigger screen, more memory, deeper/richer color, faster processor, open-source market, removable battery and memory, not to mention wireless Google sync, at least equal if not better camera, etc, etc,....only the true Apple drone would opt for an iPhone over the top of the line Android phones at this point.
    I think you've said it all. You can't beat rooted Android.

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I would consider iPhone over Android. A whole lot will depend on how much VZW will bloat up the phone with VZW stuff and lock it down so you cannot remove any of it. VZW is already making it difficult to remove their crap on Android phones now.

Feedback Score

In the poll....

Shouldn't it read "Verizon and Apple iPhone 4"?

Device(s)
    RIM BB Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    I agree with ParthG...

Anyway, I would probably get an iPhone 4 if I could for one reason: Games.

They rock on iOS, and as long as your jailbroken, you've got the same capabilities as a rooted android phone.

The only thing major that android has over iOS (IMHO) is navigation. Google nav blows away everything I've seen on friend's iphones. I may be biased though, because I've never had an iPhone, and I've used tons of android handsets. My favorite for navigation was the droid incredible though, that thing was terrific.

As long as your jailbroken you can do legit multitasking, instead of the weak-sauce apple-approved "multitasking" in iOS4. Yah its an extra step but very much possible.

Not trying to start a flamewar here kids, just posting my thoughts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frail View Post
    If Verizon does get the iPhone, I plan to get it. I had it on AT&T but left because the service wasn't adequate.
    Same here. I also had the iPhone on AT&T and left due to poor service. Android doesn't cut it for me, webOS is great, but uninspired hardware keeps me at bay, and WP7 isn't coming for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by The WB View Post
    I would consider iPhone over Android. A whole lot will depend on how much VZW will bloat up the phone with VZW stuff and lock it down so you cannot remove any of it. VZW is already making it difficult to remove their crap on Android phones now.
    I don't think VZW will touch the phone. Apple simply won't allow it and VZW won't make the same mistake twice of not agreeing to Apple's terms.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ^^ Have you been in the space station the last few months?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainBikerMark View Post
    ^^ Have you been in the space station the last few months?

I mean "touch it" in terms off adding their crap to it, not by not getting it. Look at the post I quoted.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Verizon not put their footprint on it? Not add their bloatware? Starting tomorrow all Android devices are going to start getting firmware updates and a big reason is the Verizon app store bloatware being added. Jobs phones will get bloated. You can bank on that

Device(s)
    Droid 1Ghz 2.1 BBv1.0
    Carrier(s)
    VZW-Agent
    Feedback Score
    Their is nothing the iphone does that my DX doesnt do. The only exception being facetime but it holds no grounds because its an ios exlcusive.

Ive had 2 iphones in the past, 3g and 3gs, both were ok but too overrated and overhyped.

And yes,, my grammar does suck.
    My motto as a VERIZON agent- Treat the customer the way you want to be treated, if you treat them like crap dont complain when they treat you like crap. If I lose a sale I dont lose sleep over it I move on. Some people never buy from my store oh well $10 transfer fee. Some people are mad at the world, doesnt affect me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast