Thread: Magic Trick: Unlimited Mobile for 35$+25$/month at 3.6Mb

Feedback Score

Magic Trick: Unlimited Mobile for 35$+25$/month at 3.6Mb

I did it and it works!

Buy the Huawei U7519 for 35$ and avoid paying 100$ for E181 stick or SIM card.

Subscribe to 25$ unlimited mobile. Use Dialup software and change APN setting to broadband.windmobile.ca and enjoy!

But Aware: You cannot change internet APN settings on the phone so you cannot use it for email and web. You need laptop unless someone knows a way around. Solution i guess is to buy unlocked N900 with two SIM. Working on that.

Kiss my *** Robbbbbbbers from Rogers

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you can't change your APN through the standard phone menus, you could probably do it through the service menus... I did a quick google search and found these codes, but I dunno if they will be helpful:

http://forum.gsm-pakistan.com/f200/h...ret-codes-201/
    http://bepnabip.blogspot.com/2009/06...cret-code.html

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    You can change APN settings on the 5230. What phone are you using?
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.400 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/370)

Its all good and all, except you have to remember that the stick is 25 a month vs. 15 for voice + 25 for data if you are using the phone.
    Wind September 2010 - December 2011 (Loved the data and the service when it worked... a lot of times it did not.) + customer service was bad to me + dropped calls when talking to 611
    Chatr December 2011 - January 2012 (Problems from day 1) ... Guess there is no perfect provider.
    Virgin January 2012 - January 2015 - let's hope the customer service from Virgin doesn't drop calls while I call them like Wind did.

Feedback Score
    The only reason U want to do this so that you won't have to pay for the stick ?
    There is a downside though , when u use stick you don't have to worry about the battery and tehering uses quite a bit of battery when u use a phone.
    WIND . :::TELUS

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound TˇTher
    Carrier(s)
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Stick speeds should be twice the speed of any wind phone

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the_rus View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.400 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/370)

Its all good and all, except you have to remember that the stick is 25 a month vs. 15 for voice + 25 for data if you are using the phone.
    I think that was the point.
    Using this method you only have to pay $25/month plus the lower cost of the hardware.

Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    It's not like people were getting 3.6+ Mbps on the internet stick anyway, right?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Faruk88 View Post
    If you can't change your APN through the standard phone menus, you could probably do it through the service menus... I did a quick google search and found these codes, but I dunno if they will be helpful:

This it too good to be true!

Have you tested all codes for Wind U7519???????

In any case you are the DUDE chief. Awesome info!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    AVOID International unlimited plans!!!!!!! One other cool tip about skype for the people who call internationally.

You can assign at your skype account any international mobile phone to a local Canadian number and thus pay as low as 10 CAD per month for unlimited calls at around 40 countries if i recall. Quality is pretty good and the only drawback is you have to set the numbers in advance. There is a second mode that works like a phone card where you call, type No, PIN but its too much work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Faruk88 View Post

I tried to use some of them but no luck. I guess there is an SDK manual somewhere with the modem codes you can use with a hyperterminal console. I will do a quick search and report back if i found anything.

If i can do the change i will be a happy camper. But as i said other solution is to get an unlocked smartphone with two SIMs. That is the awesome solution. Unlimited Voice and Data, no port blocking, no drop outs, modem, .... for 50$ a month.

Not even in sweden they get such deals i assume

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    U7519. I cannot edit or delete default internet only add new one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    U7519. I can add APN entry but its not defaulting to that

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by live_strong
    Quote Originally Posted by the_rus View Post

I think that was the point.
    Using this method you only have to pay $25/month plus the lower cost of the hardware.
    My bad. I misread it. Apologies!