Thread: Desire Battery Life

Feedback Score

Desire Battery Life

Just picked up a Desire last week and I have to say the battery life drives me nutz. Unless you turn off the wireless and internet you are lucky to get 7 hours. Is this normal? What I will do is charge it right before I go to bed and then by the time I get up 7 hours later its telling me to get it on a charger. I am so use to the BB Curve and not having to charge it every day I am just woundering if I am just spoiled or is this an issue that I should bring to Alltels attention??

Device(s)
    HTC My Touch 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    over time....it should get better but it is not going to get a LOT better. It all depends on your usage. If you leave the wi-fi on you can check the usage and it says it uses about a third of the battery power just at idle. I get a whole day out of mine but I am not using it much while at work. Lunch time and then when I get home a bit for some games or net.....so about 12 to 13 hours off charge. I can charge mine in the car while driving if I need to...hour each way....but have not yet.

Feedback Score
    I am thinking its just going to be a change in habits more than anything. I just wanted to make sure of it first before I ran back to Alltel and started crying about something that nothing could be done about. Thanks

Carrier(s)
    @lltel (awcc/atni)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    Just picked up a Desire last week and I have to say the battery life drives me nutz. Unless you turn off the wireless and internet you are lucky to get 7 hours. Is this normal? What I will do is charge it right before I go to bed and then by the time I get up 7 hours later its telling me to get it on a charger. I am so use to the BB Curve and not having to charge it every day I am just woundering if I am just spoiled or is this an issue that I should bring to Alltels attention??
    battery life is definitely NOT the desire's strong suit...

do you have advanced task killer on the HTC? if not..download it..and use it!

also...check display backlight settings...to make sure the backlight is on lowest tolerable brightness..and the timeout is on the lowest time setting...

also keep wifi, bluetooth, and gps off when not needed...

blackberry def wins in the battery department
    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm. "- FDR

Device(s)
    Pixel 2XL, iPhone X, iPad Pro, Samsung S9, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MowTowRollAh View Post

do you have advanced task killer on the HTC? if not..download it..and use it!
    I highly recommend you don't use a task killer on Android. It will not solve your battery life issues as Android manages memory very good natively. Task killers on Android make way more problems then they solve.

Feedback Score
    I both agree and disagree, I find that on 2.1 a task killer is benifitial, and on 2.2 it is not. Personal experience though don't know others opinion

Device(s)
    Pixel 2XL, iPhone X, iPad Pro, Samsung S9, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The only reason you need a task killer would be to kill a third party app that is stuck/acting up. You can do that natively by going into settings, applications, running services. I have had half a dozen android devices since the droid coming out on VZW a year ago and usually have 50+ apps installed and have never used a task killer. The ROM builders and experts all say the same thing. In fact if you listen to the last couple androidcentral podcast they discuss it and they are very negative toward using them.