Thread: Add a line with no contract / SIM only?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 64GB (White)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Add a line with no contract / SIM only?

Hi. I was wondering if it is possible to add a line to my existing family plan. No subsidy, no contract... SIM card only? Lines 1 & 2 are currently under contract. This new line will be an experiment to see if my 11 year old daughter can handle a phone responsibly

If yes... am I only looking at the $36 activation fee?
    If you commonly type the name iPhone as "Iphone" or "I-Phone"... or if you commonly refer to an iPod Touch as an "iTouch" or "I-Touch"...... Then you deserve whole bottle of habanero hot sauce poured into your eyes!

Feedback Score
    Yes! You've done your homework. If you have a FAN discount, check to see if it waives the activation fee. The representative will not check for you so be sure to ask.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes, you are correct. However, as previous threads on this topic have discussed, there is apparently some misinformation held by various salespeople, COR and reseller alike, regarding whether zero month contract lines get commission or not. Thus, there is occasionally some pushback from misinformed reps that don't want to sign you up if they think they aren't going to get paid. I would recommend going to a COR store, and being prepared for one or two reps to tell you it can't be done or some other nonsense.

That said, I did set up such a line in a COR store myself about a year ago.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I just ported in a number from Metro PCS. I received great service at the corporate store. I walked in, told the rep what I needed to have done, she smiled and said no problem. I walked out the door with my sim in about 15 min, no activation charge and no charge for the sim. Great service from the corporate store sales rep adding the line to my family plan. It didnt cost me a cent. I couldnt be happier with the service I received. I checked my account online today, no contract, just as it should be. The store was in Jensen Beach, FL.