Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Official Samsung 3G Network Extender SCS-2U01

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Set up a new NE today; seems to work with my iPhone 4s. I endeavored without success to find where on verizonwireless.com I could manage the NE in order to add authorized/prioritized phone numbers. After a lot of time with various VZW support people I was assured by Tech Support that in order to manage a NE the NE must first be registered to a phone number -- i.e., to a VZW account -- but that it is not possible to thus register a NE to a prepay account, which mine is.

This limitation is not mentioned in the lengthy "Online Management in My Verizon" section of the verizonwireless.com /accessories/samsung-network-extender-scs-2u01 -- the NE's sales page. (Sorry, as a new poster I'm not allowed to include working links.)

Some posts herein have said that turning on managed access had bad performance side effects, so maybe I'm better off without it.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Unless you live in a pretty densely populated area, I would not worry about it.

Feedback Score
    From what I have researched this device uses your internet for 3G data in some ways. Does it pretty much convert your internet to 3G data or there is more to it?

For example if your home broadband connection ip address is: 70.34.24.22, and you are using the extender for 3G data. Would the 3G device have another public IP address from Verizon wireless or would it use the same public IP address as your home broadband internet connection?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The device essentially sets up a VPN tunnel to Verizon. Any voice or data traffic sent through the extender goes first to Verizon, then on to the ultimate destination. Data sent through the Extender would appear to come from Verizon, just as it would if you were on the macro network.

However, if you are on your own home network, chances are your device would "prefer" your wifi network, assuming you are connected to it. You'd definitely see better speeds via wifi versus a Network Extender.

Feedback Score
    I have seen this asked but never answered. I broke the broadcast not GPS antenna. Where do I get a new one???????

Feedback Score

Would A Samsung SCS-2U01 Work With A Samsung Galaxy S9 On Total Wireless For 3G?

My family and I are on Total Wireless, which is a Verizon MNVO. I noticed recently that it dropped a call while I was in my kitchen. My wife told me that it has happened to her, too. If I get a Samsung 3G Network Extender, will it work with our Total Wireless phones?

I did install a 4G LTE Network Extender for a friend recently. He is regular post-paid, contract Verizon and it works great for him. However, since I am pre-paid, it would not work for me, plus Total Wireless does not allow HD Voice.

I researched this and, sadly, like many things on the internet, I have found conflicting information. The conflicting information literally runs from one extreme to the other, too. For example, some have flat out stated it won't work and there is absolutely no way to make it work. The flip side is, others have said it is literally plug-and-play, meaning plug in AC power, connect Ethernet to a broadband network, wait for GPS signal acquisition and it will assist ANY Verizon 3G signal, whether it is pre-paid, post-paid, MVNO or pure contract Verizon.

Others have suggested that it is essentially plug-and-play, BUT it needs to have a post-paid Verizon phone connect to it first and after that it will assist ANY 3G Verizon signal. Sure, I could contact Samsung, but my "spidey sense" tells me that they have to regurgitate the "company line", which is probably that it "officially" only supports pure Verizon.

I could contact Verizon, but I suspect that their response will be similar. They will likely suggest that I go pure Verizon.

I could contact Total Wireless, but when I decide to play "Customer Service Roulette" with them, I get someone who speaks English as a second language and it reading a script from a computer monitor in front of them.

I have also been told that the device needs to be registered. So, if I were to get one of these. Install it briefly at my friend's house, have him make a phone call through it, since he is pure post-paid Verizon, does that mean I am "registered"? Or, do I a have to fill out some sort of form on-line? And, if I do the above, but then move it to my house about 10 miles away, is it likely to work for me with Total Wireless?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You realize verizon is dumping CDMA at the end of this year, all phones will have to be VoLTE

Feedback Score

Official Samsung 3G Network Extender SCS-2U01

Quote Originally Posted by TacoDan View Post
    You realize Verizon is dumping CDMA at the end of this year, all phones will have to be VoLTE
    I have been trying to find out more information about that very thing. One place stated that they will no longer activate new lines soon, but I am not clear on exactly when CDMA is vanishing. Does this mean that Verizon MVNOs, like Total Wireless, will have to support HD Voice soon?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score

Official Samsung 3G Network Extender SCS-2U01

So, at some point, Total Wireless, which is a Verizon MVNO, will have to allow HD calling/VoLTE. Maybe they will wait until the very end of this year!

Thank you or the information. I do appreciate it.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18