Thread: Do not buy the Acer Liquid E!

Feedback Score

Angry Do not buy the Acer Liquid E!

Be advised that the operating system that comes with this phone is not registered with the Android Market. Several applications (in the most popular...) can not be used with this phone.

Normally, the situation should be restored quickly, but Fido does not believe that's their problem. They take us back to Acer. Acer said that Fido should make their formal request.

In short, it will not be made. So if you want an Android phone, switch of provider.

Feedback Score
    We've had no real problems with ours. I do see that the purchase of apps is in pounds but the free apps work splendidly.

Feedback Score
    Actually, just played with it again. Everything is now in CAD and Marketplace seems to be working awesome. No problems here.

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyinCAD View Post
    We've had no real problems with ours. I do see that the purchase of apps is in pounds but the free apps work splendidly.

Feedback Score
    You're lucky if you do not want a protected application.

If you look in the market without looking for something specific, you'll see a lots of apps available on your phone. But, if you want a particular application and it is not there, it's frustrating.

For example, I want the SlingPlayer. I bought this program for my Nokia N95, for my SonyEricsson X1 and for my iPhone 3G without a problem. Before taking the Acer Liquid E, I checked if the program existed and if it was compatible with this Acer. I found on the Internet several people who used this software on this device without problem. Unfortunately, due to the negligence of Acer and the refusal to help Fido, this program can not be purchased on my phone.

Very frustrating because I end up with a phone that does not meet my needs that it was supposed to fill and a 3 year contract.

Over time, there will be more protected application. In the present circumstances, this phone should not be purchased.

Device(s)
    currently : Lumia 920 (WP8)
    Carrier(s)
    Firodogers
    Feedback Score
    Actually, I think they still have issues, I tried looking for the slingplayer just to test.... and found it with AppBrain but couldn't get to download it.

Is there anyway to send in a request to who-ever (fido, acer) so that the situation is resolved?
    That's kinda weird to have a phone limited in that way. Maybe with the 2.2 update the situation will be resolved?

Feedback Score
    Good news! This situation as been resolved.

Finally, someone at Fido contacted me for more informations after reading my posts on forums. This person ask to their tech support to resolve the situation.

It's been done.

All applications are now on Android Market. I can finally bought the SlingPlayer!

Thank you!