Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: Walmart Family Mobile Information Thread

Feedback Score
    1. No, tethering is not included.

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    1. No, tethering is not included.
    Thanks, that kills that Idea.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mwb1100 View Post
    In fact, you can get T-Mobile SIMs for 99 cents right now with a SIM99 coupon code. However, will T-Mobile SIMs work for a Walmart Family Mobile account? I know that T-Mo provides the service, but I don't really know anything more about Walmart Family Mobile.
    No, they don't work for Family Mobile

Feedback Score

Wifi calling on iPhone

Can you use wifi calling on an iPhone 6 with the wal mart family mobile plan?

Feedback Score
    Just signed up Name:  Screenshot_20160909-223817.png
Views: 602
Size:  57.3 KB

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    A friend bought a Walmart family plan HTC-530 to be used as a upgrade phone on his Sons T-mobile account.
    He went to T-mobile to have them put a nano sim card in it (his existing phone had a full size sim)
    and they T-Mobile said the Walmart family plan t-mobile phone would not work on their system
    and he had to buy the HTC-530 that bestbuy sells for it to work. Both where the same price however
    it sounded odd the Walmart T-moble family plan phone didn't work. Anyone know why?
    Thanks,
    KenK

Feedback Score
    They used to work with regular T-Mobile a while ago but they started locking them down and the Walmart Family plan probably because the phones were less expensive than regular T-Mobile phones and people were buying them to use on regular T-Mobile.
    I think they changed that last year.

Quote Originally Posted by KenK View Post
    A friend bought a Walmart family plan HTC-530 to be used as a upgrade phone on his Sons T-mobile account.
    He went to T-mobile to have them put a nano sim card in it (his existing phone had a full size sim)
    and they T-Mobile said the Walmart family plan t-mobile phone would not work on their system
    and he had to buy the HTC-530 that bestbuy sells for it to work. Both where the same price however
    it sounded odd the Walmart T-moble family plan phone didn't work. Anyone know why?
    Thanks,
    KenK

Feedback Score
    I had a customer come into my T-Mobile location with the same device and it didn't work with his existing sim

Device(s)
    Note 8, LG Xpression 2
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity, Tracphone
    Feedback Score
    The family mobile micro and standard sim package are $5.00 on clearance. I ended getting one and went back to family mobile. I have $50 plan now I am going to lower it to the $30 next month.

Sent from my Z981 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Why clearance? Is Family mobile going under? That would be bad.....

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Last I heard family mobile was supposed to be switching to T-Mobile. Not sure how true that is but thats what Walmart reps told me

sent from my busted phone

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Last I heard family mobile was supposed to be switching to T-Mobile. Not sure how true that is but thats what Walmart reps told me

Family mobile is a tmobile mvno. Tmobile use to own family mobile but sold it to the parent company of tracfone, net10,straight talk,simple mobile, etc. But it runs on the tmobile network and that will not change. Also from what I know they are getting more phones cheaper and mid range. And the clearance on the sim cards is because they wanna go to the 3 way fit in one sim card the one with standard,micro,nano all in one. So the older one's are getting sold a lot cheaper and the price of the new Sim's are going down in price. But everything is gonna stay the same and stay running on the tmobile network with the same great plans family mobile has to offer. Just giving the brand a better phone selection and cheaper sim cards where more people will come to family mobile / the tmobile network. Family mobile from what I know is not going anywhere anytime soon. It should always be in a Wal-Mart store when you go to look for it ☺

Tmobile/Sprint guy ☺

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy88 View Post
    Family mobile is a tmobile mvno. Tmobile use to own family mobile but sold it to the parent company of tracfone, net10,straight talk,simple mobile, etc. But it runs on the tmobile network and that will not change. Also from what I know they are getting more phones cheaper and mid range. And the clearance on the sim cards is because they wanna go to the 3 way fit in one sim card the one with standard,micro,nano all in one. So the older one's are getting sold a lot cheaper and the price of the new Sim's are going down in price. But everything is gonna stay the same and stay running on the tmobile network with the same great plans family mobile has to offer. Just giving the brand a better phone selection and cheaper sim cards where more people will come to family mobile / the tmobile network. Family mobile from what I know is not going anywhere anytime soon. It should always be in a Wal-Mart store when you go to look for it ☺
    Sounds pretty much like an inventory refresh then. They don't want to get stuck with too much stock of older model phones/SIMs that simply don't sell clogging up the retail pipeline so it's discounted to move or shipped back for "remarketing". Good marketing decision.

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / On YouTube: @AlexKidd4Fun

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Last I heard family mobile was supposed to be switching to T-Mobile. Not sure how true that is but thats what Walmaart reps told me

Either you misunderstood your rep or your rep does not know what he's talking about. T-Mobile owned Family Mobile and had a deal with Walmart to run it under Walmart's name. This last year T-Mobile sold "Walmart Family Mobile" to Tracphone and whatever their parent company is called. So it's also entirely possible that somewhere down the line Walmart Family Mobile may run on AT&T towers or somebody else too.

Device(s)
    Note 8, LG Xpression 2
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity, Tracphone
    Feedback Score
    The 2 way sim is being discontinued. They have a three way sim like tmobile uses. If a person had family mobile there was a two way sim and a nano sim. Now there is the three way brake away sim now that covers all the bases for phones. Also only three family mobile phones use micro sims.

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast