View Poll Results: What is your Shaw Satisfaction Level?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • High - Very Good - Would sign up with Shaw Wireless

18 51.43%
  • Neutral - undecided

8 22.86%
  • Low - Bad - Would not sign up with Shaw Wireless

9 25.71%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How satisfied are you with your other Shaw services?

Feedback Score

How satisfied are you with your other Shaw services?

Have you had a good experience with other Shaw services?
    Would your previous Shaw service experiences help or hinder your decision to go with Shaw Wireless when they launch?

I know I hate Telus.
    I am contemplating Wind but too many call problems from what I read on the forums.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I have TV, internet and home phone. I had a bit of trouble getting caller ID and call waiting on the home phone, but other than that I love Shaw.

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Telus > Shaw atm imo. I voted no, not because I was dissatisfied with Shaw's service, but rather their tactics. Telus gave me a sweet deal, and even after my one year, contract free promotion, I'm still paying $30 less per month than I was with Shaw. Shaw tried to scare me away from Telus, citing large cancellation fees and poor customer service, hidden costs etc. I tried to get Shaw to MATCH what I was getting from Telus but they wouldn't budge. I then recently heard (and confirmed by checking on the website) that they had increased their TV and internet service costs. I have convinced 3 other families (who were all paying $130+/month on Shaw, now getting more for about $80/month) to switch, hopefully Shaw will cease with their stupidity and actually be competitive. I like Shaw but I like my money more and that is why right now I prefer Telus. Also, Shaw's PVR interface is HORRENDOUS. And the Telus router provided is half decent, and no cost for a stupid modem rental.

Device(s)
    I Phone, Blackberry, Nexus S, One+
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Shaw = Old technology+ high price

Feedback Score
    Shaw service has gone down and prices have gone up...been going up steadily for years now. Guess it was to pool money to enter wireless...

With the landline business lines Shaw is cheaper than Telus for the first year. Telus won't match it. They'll match the regular price.

Feedback Score
    I've always been very happy with Shaw's service. I'm waiting to see what Shaw's wireless offerings will be like before I make a decision on which carrier to go with.

Feedback Score
    Your Shaw prices are going up because they are offering Digital Cable, Home Phone and Highspeed Internet in places like Thunder Bay for below cost. They are running a promo giving customers all 3 services for $29.95 for 12 months.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by staeit View Post
    Telus > Shaw atm imo. I voted no, not because I was dissatisfied with Shaw's service, but rather their tactics. Telus gave me a sweet deal, and even after my one year, contract free promotion, I'm still paying $30 less per month than I was with Shaw. Shaw tried to scare me away from Telus, citing large cancellation fees and poor customer service, hidden costs etc. I tried to get Shaw to MATCH what I was getting from Telus but they wouldn't budge. I then recently heard (and confirmed by checking on the website) that they had increased their TV and internet service costs. I have convinced 3 other families (who were all paying $130+/month on Shaw, now getting more for about $80/month) to switch, hopefully Shaw will cease with their stupidity and actually be competitive. I like Shaw but I like my money more and that is why right now I prefer Telus. Also, Shaw's PVR interface is HORRENDOUS. And the Telus router provided is half decent, and no cost for a stupid modem rental.
    Really? I called Shaw and told them what Telus was offering and they offered to knock $50 a month off for a year to bring the total for like $30 or $40 bucks a month cheaper than what Telus offered. After the year is up they gave me a price that comes pretty close to matching. After a year I'll call Shaw back up and see what they can do for me then.

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nwotraveler View Post
    Your Shaw prices are going up because they are offering Digital Cable, Home Phone and Highspeed Internet in places like Thunder Bay for below cost. They are running a promo giving customers all 3 services for $29.95 for 12 months.
    I tend to only care about what I myself am paying. I could care less if someone else is paying way less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Browntown01 View Post
    Really? I called Shaw and told them what Telus was offering and they offered to knock $50 a month off for a year to bring the total for like $30 or $40 bucks a month cheaper than what Telus offered. After the year is up they gave me a price that comes pretty close to matching. After a year I'll call Shaw back up and see what they can do for me then.
    Yeah, I called Shaw 3 times, each time the guy I talked to was rude and unhelpful, and wouldn't reduce the cost. So I switched, and I am quite happy with the service.

Device(s)
    I Phone, Blackberry, Nexus S, One+
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Totally agree with you, there is more to life than technology. One should not have to beg for deals or pester a cx service rep. Good you switched.

Quote Originally Posted by staeit View Post
    I tend to only care about what I myself am paying. I could care less if someone else is paying way less.

Yeah, I called Shaw 3 times, each time the guy I talked to was rude and unhelpful, and wouldn't reduce the cost. So I switched, and I am quite happy with the service.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like Shaw is no better than Rogers here in Ontario - we all hate Rogers/Robbers

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Wind - For now
    Feedback Score
    Haven't had any troubles with SHAW here in Vancouver. I think they will really shake things up when they go live with their wireless network. If they go with contracts I hope they go with TWO YEARS!! That's reasonable and I can live with it. This three year nonsense is ridiculous.
    Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Any contract is ridiculous.
    All my comments are my views and opinions only.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, Nexus One, BB 9780
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by callmejim View Post
    Any contract is ridiculous.
    I guess you don't have a mortgage or bank loan! lol just kidding.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, formerly Bell Mobility (4 years), formerly Telus Mobility (Since '98, ended 2010) - 13 years
    Feedback Score
    I find calling Shaw customer service (for cable) is one of the worst experiences one could have. I've probably called in or visted them half a dozen times, but they are worse than the motor vehicle branch.

Unhappy, unfriendly, don't listen to anything I actually say. They would need a whole army of new people in their wireless division to make me consider switching.
    But on the plus side, I knocked over the SunSphere.

Muh Plan:
    U/L Canadawide Calling
    U/L Picture/Video/Text Messaging
    5 GB Data
    $55/month less 10% for BYOD

The Former Abbywack-A-Mole

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast