Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: How to fully flash motorola droid x and get apps, mms, internet, talk, tex working

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Cant get the diag drivers for 64bit ,any ides ?
    Tx

Device(s)
    Droid X - Liberty Rom
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by aoz20 View Post
    Hello, I've followed this guide and did everything and it all seemed to work but my internet,mms etc. still don't work
    my droid x is already activated on metropcs (added the esn) call/text works perfectly but everything else just doesn't seem to work at all
    I was having problems with this too but I got it fixed by following parts of the HTC Eris to MetroPCS guide with using QPST 2.7

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...(Tutorial-v2.0)

and finally being able to change the MNC portion of the APN (though Im not definite if that was part of the reason for the fix) Anyway, check to make sure your APN settings remain or that the APN doesnt disappear altogether (that was happening to me alot) With CDMA workshop 2.7 when you write the PRL, you can also write the MNC value as well. I was on the latest .596 rooted vzw rom and wasnt getting anywere. I flashed the Metroff file using clockwork but that didnt work either. (I guess again, that it was due to incorrect MNC on the phone) I went to CDMA workshop 2.7 and changed the MNC value to 04. Reflashed phone with Liberty rom. After flashing checked APNs and found all default APNs showing MNC value of 004. I had an APN I made before and simply restored it. Then followed the QPST portion, rebooted the phone and had 1x showing, checked web and I was online. I didnt need to add the proxy settings as the guide mentioned, but I added it anyway just in case. Its all working and Liberty Rom with the toolboox is pretty damn good.

*After doing the QPST Portion and the APN, using autostart.sh or u2nl wasnt needed. MMS just works as it should but take note this was done on liberty rom I cant say for stock. Ill test it later when I have more time.
    Last edited by ciris; 07-11-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    NVs from Whiterabbit are not working. Does anybody have a file with all 5 NVs? The one from whiterabbit only writes 1, and EVDO settings are resetting.

Device(s)
    Droid X - Liberty Rom
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Oh, I learned something else to if any are having issues getting the part where [email protected] getting reverted back to [email protected] or something similar. You need to change the first byte value of NV Item 8035 from 01 to 00. This is what controls the MIP lock. Simply extract the value with CDMA Workshop, change it and write it back to the phone. From there you can contiue with QPST, (just a note I used QPST build 323 to get mine working).

Credit to Kbman for the tip of the NV item 8035

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have a question, this may already been answered but... i see alot of posting and didn't want to read it 1 by 1

So please dont mind me, My question is:

I have a droid from verizon(Not yet flashed to metropcs) But i do have a line with metro with another phone..
    Do i still need to go to metropcs(So they can add the ESN to their database) when i use this guide to flash my droid x?

Device(s)
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by istayed View Post
    I have a question, this may already been answered but... i see alot of posting and didn't want to read it 1 by 1

So please dont mind me, My question is:

I have a droid from verizon(Not yet flashed to metropcs) But i do have a line with metro with another phone..
    Do i still need to go to metropcs(So they can add the ESN to their database) when i use this guide to flash my droid x?
    yes you still have to have the esn added metro if you notice wont touch motorola droids, droid x, etc you get the pic their not supported by houdinisoft so you'll have to get it added another way.
    Code Name: L0GiC4L 3ViL
    Quote: "Make love not war... Contribute dont leech.My insane logic gets the job done..."
    Latest Exploits:
    evo full flash (yes mms works), samsung intercept web (ask around), moto droid full flash
    Next Hijack: AFFLICTION ROM

11/4 3000th post

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    im tryin to put my droid x in diagnostic mode how do i do that please ?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    hello need help i have droid x flashed on metro pcs but i update and now dont work. before i have 2.1 and now 2.3.3 but not working if some one can help me please thanks.

Device(s)
    Droid X - Liberty Rom
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    How did you upgrade to 2.3.3? Did you flash a custom rom or did you find an official verizon update and flashed that?

Anyways in either case, the APNs and other settings may have reverted to the defaults that were assigned with the update you installed. If you lost root access you need to get it back first. Make sure the usual settings SID/NID settings are correct by going to the program menu on the phone. ##PROGRAM or ##7764726. After that you need to connect to the market (is best to use wifi) and download APN manager and make sure to add a MetroPCS APN. If data isnt working then you need to use cdma workshop to change some settings. Just find my post where I mention it. Sorry to keep things short but I have to look after my baby

Heres the link to the posts
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...6#post14505586

Device(s)
    Droid X and Droid plus an old flip phone.
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I would love to see if someone could possibly address and reference if the Droid X that they are trying to get the web/mms working with is on .621 or .604 or so on, so on...

I believe most of the problems I am running into with this .621 POS is the major cause of most of the peoples frustrations with getting this device to work fully on Metro's system. Just a thought....

I used the linux cd method to root and downgrade to .604 as the Milestone X. Nothing but issues like I said.

Everything seems to work fairly well like this but I believe it is what is causing me to just plain give up on the MMS/WEB solution.

Any help is very appreciated. Also if my experience with this could be of help to anyone feel free to PM me.
    Yep I have just registered but been reading here for years. Time to ask and contribute I suppose!!

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    well...i have no clue wut happening with urs. but i have a droid X not rooted, running 2.3.4, running prl 3028. i have the all the APNs settings like they should be and the proxy as well. so may i suggest is SB ur droid to the latest stable version 2.3 and reflashing it again

Device(s)
    Droid X and Droid plus an old flip phone.
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks for the reply. I think I will try it non rooted like you were saying and see just out of curiosity. I havn't tried that yet. It could be the Zerg!

Ill mess with it a little more. Did you use 228 to let it program your phone on activation?

Thanks so much once again and i will let you know how it turns out.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12