Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: How to fully flash motorola droid x and get apps, mms, internet, talk, tex working

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe7dust View Post
    Can you guys help me find someone who knows how to add the 26 8 to database? I waited a week to get in touch with a non corp manager then turns out he doesn't know how to add it!
    I used ebay ..... cost $25
    Ebay item # 270639884457

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pphilando View Post
    I used ebay ..... cost $25
    Ebay item # 270639884457
    thanks I texted him.

Feedback Score
    Worked great, was functioning for voice calls just a few hours after payment. Now to figure out why I have no data connection... *grumble*

Feedback Score
    I went to HTTP proxy settings from manual programming to attempt to get the internet to work, added the username/password mentioned earlier in this guide. Now my phone is rebooting over and over ever since I turned Wi-fi back on to see if there is a QPST app. Even a battery pull does not fix this so I guess I have to manually flash my phone to factory defaults... ugh. Of course with it rebooting constantly I don't even know if diag mode is possible... I think if I could disable wi-fi it will stop temporarily but it reboots so fast I can't turn the wifi back off!

Feedback Score
    I went to HTTP proxy settings from manual programming to attempt to get the internet to work, added the username/password mentioned earlier in this guide. Now my phone is rebooting over and over ever since I turned Wi-fi back on to see if there is a QPST app. Even a battery pull does not fix this so I guess I have to manually flash my phone to factory defaults... ugh. Of course with it rebooting constantly I don't even know if diag mode is possible... I think if I could disable wi-fi it will stop temporarily but it reboots so fast I can't turn the wifi back off!
    check this out http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...01&postcount=2 get it back to factory settings

Feedback Score
    lol so far so good but I got an error that battery is too low to program after about 5 minutes of flashing (its at about 20% battery right now)

It may take all night to get any charge while constantly rebooting itself... but eventually I should have enough juice.

What sucks is I can't get it to that screen where it shows the battery but doesn't fully turn on (the one you get when it totally dies and you plug it in)

edit: actually all I can get out of it now is the green LED lit up when I plug it in. I'm hoping that means its just really drained and not bricked...
    Last edited by Joe7dust; 11-14-2010 at 07:54 PM.

Feedback Score
    2 hours of charging, still same ****

I expect the same tomorrow morning as well... any chance of charging the battery in a 2nd DX and getting this done? It doesn't appear to be charging, at least not at the full normal rate. When I tried to turn it on just now without being plugged in I saw the led flash for a split second like the battery had like 0.01% life...

Here is what it says on the screen.

Bootloader
    ErrLA5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
    Service Req'd
    Battery Low
    Cannot Program

edit: yea I'm 99% sure this isn't charging at all, I have tried 12V from car, 110v from USB Power Adapter, as well as the USB on my DVR and USB on my PC. It only has life when plugged in now...........................
    Last edited by Joe7dust; 11-14-2010 at 11:24 PM.

Feedback Score
    No change after wall adapter overnight... going to buy an external charger and try with a fresh battery.

edit: could get charger in HK for $3, or USA for $8... decided to get it in USA for $12 but comes with extra battery! sweet deal http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280577881114

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejones396 View Post
    check this out http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...01&postcount=2 get it back to factory settings
    This guide is for 2.1, see page 37-38 of the original thread for an explanation why it won't work for 2.2 and an updated guide

edit: It worked. For whatever reason, there is more of a delay before Wi-Fi kicks on now so I was able to get it to stop constantly rebooting without doing a factory wipe. I just went and turned wi-fi off and now its not rebooting, so I should be able to undo the data-related manual programming I did that started all this. BTW I have a hunch that instead of doing all this bootloader junk, I could have just gone into recovery mode by holding home then power -> select factory wipe.
    Last edited by Joe7dust; 11-18-2010 at 04:36 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejones396 View Post
    hey i've heard that metro changed there wap and mms password so the previous one "metropcs" doesnt work, instead its the msl code thats on whiterabbit.org. I could get the code but i cant connect it to qpst on HW virtual serial port because I ipconfig iit on command prompt and it doesnt show the network address EX.192.168.16.1. does any body have any ideal to make it connect to hw serial port so i can write the msl code into the phone using qpst. because that worked for my droid 1 but not droid x
    I used this info, and went back to the only step that has 'metropcs' listed for a password (part 4, step 2)

I put my MSL instead of metropcs for the password, but I still have no internet. This isn't too surprising considering part 4, step 2 is related to MMS not data. So... how do you get data to work? I have followed this guide many times and no luck, and no idea what QPST is or HW serial port is. I would prefer not to use those last 2 things to get internet working but will if I have to.

Note: I'm mainly wanting googlemaps/GPS navigation to work. I heard the browsing is slow as hell on metro's network anyway, but GPS would be nice.

Device(s)
    Metro Diamond WAP MMS GPS
    Feedback Score
    I used this info, and went back to the only step that has 'metropcs' listed for a password (part 4, step 2)

I put my MSL instead of metropcs for the password, but I still have no internet. This isn't too surprising considering part 4, step 2 is related to MMS not data. So... how do you get data to work? I have followed this guide many times and no luck, and no idea what QPST is or HW serial port is. I would prefer not to use those last 2 things to get internet working but will if I have to.

Note: I'm mainly wanting googlemaps/GPS navigation to work. I heard the browsing is slow as hell on metro's network anyway, but GPS would be nice.
    You have to use QPST and HW Serial Port to be recognized by QPST in order for internet to work!!! Get QPST to work first then ask questions. Its a challenge in itself to get that to be recognized by your computer and phone to talk to each other.

Feedback Score
    OK thanks for the info, I got QPST and HW VSP both working and the phone is connected and visible in QPST. One strange thing is it is showing my phone number as my MIN which is slightly different from my phone number.

But anyways, do you have a guide or something that tells exactly what to edit within QPST for the Droid X?

it wont work if you just put the msl code in apn config on password section because it has to be written to the phone.

I've gotten this guide on this site thanks to Haxican for the solution for my droid 1 but i need it for droid x.

I got my Instinct up and running by doing this:

*You are basically changing the password from "metropcs" to a new MSL number calculated from whiterabbit.org.*

1st - Get your ESN/MEID by inputting ##3282# on your phone and going to the advance tab and viewing the ESN/MEID.

2nd - Go to whiterabbit.org/android/ and enter your ESN/MEID into the input box in the middle of the page.

3rd - Get your MSL Number...it's six numbers (this is your new password)

4th - Get into your phones programming with QPST and in the PPP Config tab go to the UM and AN sections and put your new password (MSL Code) and write to phone.

5th - Once the phone has restarted go back into your phone by dialing ##3282# and go into Username > Edit > Enter your MSL which should be 000000 since it's flashed > then change the AAA and HA passwords to your new MSL password created on the whiterabbit.org website. Once your phone has been restarted you should be able to have web capabilities once again.

If you are teethering, change the password in your dial up box to the new MSL code as well.

Happy Surfing and hope this helps.
    edit2: Also the above mini-guide appears to be for a Droid 1 but this thread is about the Droid X. ##3282# does nothing its actually ##7764726 I think? There is no mention of username, AAA, HA, etc. in Droid X manual programming however!

edit3: Here is what is on the PPP Config -> UM tab that you referenced. As you can see there is no obvious place for the MSL to go... Also the ESN that I scribble out does not match the actual MEID of my Droid X. It was in Hex format but I don't recognize it at all. See Below:

My guess is I'm supposed to put the MSL from whiterabbit in the User ID field, but since I have no idea where AAA and HA are I'm going to wait on a response before I start tinkering. Last time I started changing random stuff I ended up having to order an external battery/charger because the phone was semi-bricked and would not even charge.
    Last edited by Joe7dust; 11-18-2010 at 08:38 PM.

Feedback Score
    Worked great, was functioning for voice calls just a few hours after payment. Now to figure out why I have no data connection... *grumble*
    Joe7dust, did you root while on 2.1 or after the 2.2 auto-update? If you did it while on 2.1, check to see if you still have root. The auto-update can break the 2.1 root and might need to be redone with a different method (see here: http://www.droid-life.com/2010/09/22...l-android-2-2/). You can test for root by issung an su command (in terminal or adb shell) and seeing if it goes through. In which case you'll get the superuser request popup and the shell will have a # instead of the $ prompt. No root access will prevent autostart from running with the root privileges it needs and you'll get the 1x up-down arrows but no apparent connection.

Personally, I use the CDMA Workshop method as per this guide instead of QPST and it works for me (had to redo one a few days ago). I have the problem of the NV values reverting back if I don't first write the 12 NV items with CDMA Workshop per whiterabbitorg's website. I haven't tried this phone with QPST so I'm curious as to what others say. I suspect the values you'll use will be the same as those in the Eris guide. But again, I haven't tried it myself.
    Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than trolls in the deep subforums.

Feedback Score
    I rooted it with Z4root app from the marketplace, haven't tested in terminal but it says it worked.

edit: works in terminal just like you said it should.

edit2: no offense mojo you've been a great help so far but I think you might be way off on this one. I just need a guide for what to enter via QPST. Did you see the wall of text with pictures right above your last post?
    Last edited by Joe7dust; 11-19-2010 at 11:59 PM.

Feedback Score

Exclamation

Wow, so the past 10 hours have been a clusterf*ck for me and my friend. He had a Droid X fully working on MetroPCS via someone he found on craigslist. They guys hooked him up and basically said, just dont mess with it. Well we installed a program, LCD density changer which eventually caused us to have to reflash the whole phone. We are now on 2.2 trying everything to even get calling working. We have been through these guides over and over and must be missing something important.

Please if any of you have had even a partial success, please help us!. I am new to the process of converting phones for new networks, but am an android expert. The only step I seem to not be able to find documentation on is the PRL files. is this a needed step? Which PRL for droid X?

Please if anyone can help please post here. He HAS to have this phone at least working for calls... today! (a real emergency here!) Thanks so much for your guides, but more help is needed :/

-WACOMalt

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast