View Poll Results: Do you like Bell's present plain logo?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it. It's simple and gets the job done

20 66.67%
  • No, I don't like it the previous logo was more imaginitive

2 6.67%
  • Who cares as long as they don't drop my calls or screw up my bill

8 26.67%

Thread: Bell Logo, Do You Like It or Not?

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score

Bell Logo, Do You Like It or Not?

As in the subject line. Do you like the very very plain Bell as the logo or do you prefer the older circle with the guy in the middle?
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64gb
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I like it... the lettering is tall and clean... the colour is cool and business-like.

The old logo was really a bastardization of the original old Bell Telephone logo (the Bell sign inside a circle) ...they stretched the circle, brought it down across the bell and added a face to the bell...blech... too complicated and unclear.

The new logo, to me, is much better. Let the company name speak for itself, no need for a fancy logo.
    Cheeri'o...
    Frankie...

Please Note: I do not work for Bell. I also do not work for any wireless retail outlet.
    Do not ask me about promotions or offers from wireless providers.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just please don't spend more money on a new one for a while. The money they blow on these things makes me sick to my stomach.

Device(s)
    Current: SE Naite (Fido), iPhone 4 (Koodo)
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo and Fido
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    the new logo looks way more modern and professional.

when they launched the new logo, it was more then just changing the logo, they wanted to change the brand, in its entirety. hence the renaming of different lines of businesses too to make it simpler and better then before.

There was a few articles about it when it first launched, a lot of work was done into re-branding the company since Cope became the new leader. The design team IMO did a great job at re-branding the company.. unfortunately there are still too many other things that Bell could do better internally then just change its physical appearance.
    Hi.

Device(s)
    Sidekick 4G
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    It's simple and gets the job done.

However changing the logo is more like a fresh set of paint on the same dysfunctional car.

Device(s)
    BB Bold, Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Just as bb147 pointed out, the logo relaunch was done with purpose. It's reminiscent of the logo before the one you speak of (with the guy in the circle) and is meant to identify that the company was going 'back to basics' with it's focus on restructuring and on it's original values.
    References
    HeatWare
    HoFo Feedback
    Witty Comment
    "I love to go to the schoolyard and watch the children jump and scream, but they don't know I'm using blanks." - Jack Handey

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9780
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I much prefer the new one over the old one. I thought the old one was ugly.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Q10 (2014)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-T746/T746BMIH6 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

new one is simple enough and does look professional, honestly, all the funds that went to branding could also been used for improving other departments

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64gb
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Guys, it's silly to talk about how the rebranding expense could have been put to use elsewhere. It had to be done, and it paid dividends + more at the Olympics. It was well worth it. Also, I seem to recall the rebranding being pretty cheap to do... There was an article about it in a business magazine when they started - and basically, due to the timing of the olympics and the amount of use they were going to get out of it, the rebranding was essentially "free" ...

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Q10 (2014)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-T746/T746BMIH6 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Quote Originally Posted by frankie5string
    Guys, it's silly to talk about how the rebranding expense could have been put to use elsewhere. It had to be done, and it paid dividends + more at the Olympics. It was well worth it. Also, I seem to recall the rebranding being pretty cheap to do... There was an article about it in a business magazine when they started - and basically, due to the timing of the olympics and the amount of use they were going to get out of it, the rebranding was essentially "free" ...
    Had to be done? elaborate

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64gb
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by goku_vegeta View Post
    [SIZE=1]

The old logo was very confusing. You had a circle - which was supposed to represent speed - coloured yellow from the notion of their directory business (yellow pages). Then a face that was supposed to put a "face" on the company. Then the face also had a fraction of the old "bell" emblem embedded in it hearkening back to the old days of the bell logo. It was very unfocused. The dark blue was too dark and made the logo overpowering.

At it's worst, nothing about that logo even remotely represented what Bell Canada stood for. At one point, their logo should have been a brick wall with massive holes in it and a tiny Michael Sabia holding a trawl and mortar to try and patch it up.

Mind you, that's only my opinion.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Q10 (2014)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by frankie5string
    Quote Originally Posted by goku_vegeta View Post
    [SIZE=1]

The old logo was very confusing. You had a circle - which was supposed to represent speed - coloured yellow from the notion of their directory business (yellow pages). Then a face that was supposed to put a "face" on the company. Then the face also had a fraction of the old "bell" emblem embedded in it hearkening back to the old days of the bell logo. It was very unfocused. The dark blue was too dark and made the logo overpowering.

At it's worst, nothing about that logo even remotely represented what Bell Canada stood for. At one point, their logo should have been a brick wall with massive holes in it and a tiny Michael Sabia holding a trawl and mortar to try and patch it up.

Mind you, that's only my opinion.
    ok Ill admit that the colour scheme was dull but hey it was creative

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Wind - For now
    Feedback Score
    I like it. Nice clean lines. Very modern looking.
    Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Why does the Bell logo have to be in threads created in other forums?
    Earl F. Parrish